REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   What to do? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572807-what-do.html)

rslater 04-19-2009 05:54 PM

What to do?

So the girl that im still in love with happens to be my best freind. She wants me to come out with her and her freinds because one of them thinks im hot and wants to meet me. This puts me in this dilemma. I know my freind knows I like her deep down which sucks, but it puts me in this situations in which I don't know how to act. Jelousy would work in situations in which she wasn't trying to set me up. I also know her freind, and im not interested at all.

Inaii 04-19-2009 06:15 PM

Tell her it would make you uncomfortable since you're not interested in the other girl. If she knows you like her, she shouldn't be trying to set you up (unless she's trying to distract you so you'll stop liking her).

asian_XL 04-19-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rslater (Post 6387920)
one of them thinks im hot and wants to meet me.

:worthless:

no, I am not gay

liu13 04-19-2009 07:09 PM

you're gonna have to slit her throat

ScizzMoney 04-19-2009 07:31 PM

Wait. So she wants to meet you, but you already know her? You make that bad of an impression where she forgot you or what? Or am I missing something?

Generally if a chic knows you like her but doesn't want anything to do with you romantically, you have very very very little chance of turning her mind around. It can be done, heck, I've only managed to do it once, but it's very tough. Look at this as a bonus, seriously. The best way to meet new chics is by having chic friends that know you like them but still keep you around. They will always be trying to play matchmaker. Shit, that's probably in the encyclopedia.

Graeme S 04-19-2009 07:37 PM

"not interested" means that with chicks. It's possible she's trying to distract you because she's feeling pressured or uncomfortable. Either way, she's trying to set you up.

So, you have several choices.

1) Suck it up and admit that you like her and say you're not going to date anyone else. As a side effect, completely ruin your freindship with her.
A) and start a successful relationship
B) and lose her in your life

2) Don't tell her you like her, but turn down the friend saying you're not interested in dating anyone and hope that she clues in or gets attracted to you.

3) Accept the offer, and reject the hottie.

4) Accept the offer, nail and dumpt the hottie.

5) Accept the offer and make a good try of it, realizing that your chick friend will most likely never like you.

Also, how long has it bee since you met this chick to die for?

miss_crayon 04-19-2009 08:01 PM

if you dont want to be set up with her friend, then just tell her you are not interested.
it's not rocket science.

to me, she is trying to set you up with her because she wants you to stop liking her and move on.

gearshifter 04-19-2009 08:10 PM

Move on man... Don't ruin your friendship. Good friends are hard to come by :)

rslater 04-19-2009 08:22 PM

Thanks for all your responses. The cold hard truth, in which most of you have said I have acknowledged over time, but never truly accepted that she wants me to stop liking her. It sucks to hear it from you guys, as well as when I say it. But as most of you know its just not that easy as turning a light switch off.

To answer your question greame, since grade 8, and now im 23....its just something I can't get passed. I've had girlfreinds, i've slept with a fair amount of girls, but at the end of the night she's still the one.

hotjoint 04-20-2009 07:22 AM

damn tough situation, hope it works out for you in the end, good luck