REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Parking Ticket - Failure to Display Valid Pass (https://www.revscene.net/forums/574216-parking-ticket-failure-display-valid-pass.html)

Nintensity 05-01-2009 06:16 AM

Parking Ticket - Failure to Display Valid Pass

Hi All,

Recently I was given a ticket due to parking without the correct pass.
My Mother currently works for the airlines and provided me with her own Parking pass so I could park my car there while I was on vacation. She told me specifically where to park so I don't have to pay incredible parking fees while my car is there.

However, I had accidentally parked one lot over from the actual parking lot, resulting in a $45 parking ticket if I pay within the 7 days.

Although I had successfully displayed a legitimate parking pass on my front dashboard, I had simply mistaken the lot I was supposed to be in for the next one over.

Thing is, I know I should pay, but from reading stories here on Revscene, (i've searched around the forum), some people have refused to pay and continue living their lives as if nothing happened (although 3 parking tickets = tow)

I still think that the patrolmen was acting a little harsh on his end knowing that the wrong lot pass was displayed, and could have at least issued me a warning.

What should I do? Please help me!

Regards,

Nintensity

zulutango 05-01-2009 07:20 AM

Pay the ticket or they will turn your bill over to a collection agencey. You think Traffic Cops eat their young???...You have never met a parking nazi.....they are not permitted to breed with their own kind. :)

6793026 05-01-2009 10:50 AM

just dispute. ask them are u sure? i have been parking there for 3 yrs with a parking pass at that specific spot with no issues.

if u have a good record u shoudl be fine and they will waive it.

!Yaminashi 05-01-2009 11:30 AM

Just pay it man, $45 is well worth the headache you'll save yourself of disputing etc

skidmark 05-01-2009 11:30 AM

Funny how we all tend to think of the situation from the point of view of receiving the ticket.

Put yourself in the lot owner's position: You aren't supposed to be there. You are keeping that space from earning revenue. The owner has expenses that must be paid whether the space is earning money or not. By occupying the space the you are agreeing to the civil contract for the use of the parking lot.

Now what would you do? Leave it there and slip a warning under the wiper? That would become one of your last thoughts really quickly.

projectcivic 05-01-2009 01:01 PM

Just pay it, you admited your mistake already. I know a retired cop and he always told me in regards to parking tickets, "I can get you off a murder charge but good luck with a parking ticket".