REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Looking to buy an 09 Fit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/574294-looking-buy-09-fit.html)

MG1 05-01-2009 10:48 PM

Looking to buy an 09 Fit

My 06 Ridgeline is an awesome vehicle, but gas mileage is not so wonderful. My daily driver right now is an 84 Accord hatch. It's the perfect vehicle, but it's getting kind of old :)

Seriously looking at getting an 09 Fit. One of the pros for me is that it is still made in Japan. The thing is pretty cheap, so a supercharger and some extras might be in the works (have to sneak it in without the wife knowing).

Can people who have an '09 chime in and give me some info on best pricing on the car itself first, and then connections/advice on aftermarket stuff?

I don't need anyone to tell me to get that car instead of this, shit. I've pretty much made up my mind on getting a Fit.

Looking forward to hearing from the "Fit" crowd.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I am most likely going to go with a DX-A........ gotta have air. I figure being a former IASCA finalist that an aftermarket ICE part is a given, so why get a vehicle with OEM crap? Will most likely go with aftermarket stuff and make it as different as possible from stock (at any trim level).

BoS_DC2 05-02-2009 12:13 AM

Maybe it might not matter much to you but going up to an LX gives you cool sweet painted door handles, spoiler, pan alloys, power door locks? Haha.

PDKGD3 05-02-2009 05:07 AM

Goto Rick at Richmond Automall, tell him you're with fitfreak.

Theres a thread on FF with pretty much all you need to know.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/great...t-get-fit.html

BlackZRoadster 05-02-2009 09:01 AM

send me a msg with the price before you buy, and i'll see if i can beat it for you ;)

MG1 05-02-2009 08:34 PM

Thanks, guys, for the info.

I went to Richmond Honda this morning before I found out about Rick. I talked to some young salesperson (his name's not Rick). I took a test drive and the Fit is nice for what it is. Good bang for the buck, IMHO.

Honda loyalty incentive of $1000.00 plus the government $1000.00 rebate, plus the 84 Accord (aka "loser cruiser") qualifies for a whopping $1250.00 rebate. I'm in good shape. I would have liked to get the 0.9% financing, but it only applies to Civics. Such a deal. Most likely going with black or blue DX-A.

I have yet to go haggle for best price, but I'm not sure how much further they can discount the price. Definitely get mud flaps or floor mats thrown in - that's like a given.

!Aznboi128 05-03-2009 03:17 AM

wow they're giving you quite a bit for that accord

MG1 05-03-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6407602)
wow they're giving you quite a bit for that accord

I was pleasantly surprised by it. I got the car for free from my sister-in-law three or four years back. It only had 90, 000 kms on it at the time. It runs well, but has minor problems due to the age of the vehicle. No air and the steering gives your arms quite a workout. Although it doesn't burn oil, the exhaust fumes smelled awful, so it is polluting the air for sure. I was just going to give the car away until the sales guy told me about the scrap it programme. Great idea, I guess, if it gets old polluters off the road. I got $1250.00, but if your car is really bad/old and you purchase a very clean running vehicle, you can get up to $2250.00 back from the government.

http://www.scrapit.ca/index.htm

MG1 05-12-2009 08:19 AM

OK, I got approval for the 84 Accord to be scrapped via the Scrap It program. I'm allowed to strip the car down. So, alarm, stereo, fog lights, etc. will come off. I have a set of new summer tires on the Accord. I would like to keep them. I was thinking of going to the wreckers and buying two spares at 10 or 15 bucks each. I already have one from a previous car and one that the Accord came with. Could I drive from North Burnaby to the scrap yard on the other side of the Pattullo Bridge on a set of temporary tires? If not, I will change them once I'm there (probably normal tires up front and temporary ones in the back). The summer tires have only been on for one year and my winters are Michellin X Ice that are in excellent shape. Those tires are worth more than the car, LOL.

Edit: Forgot to mention........ the car has to have been insured for at least a full year and must be in driving/running condition. Otherwise, I'd throw her on the flat deck.

Chopstick 05-12-2009 01:37 PM

good luck changing the exhaust manifolds when u decide to on the 09s... U CANT! muahahahaha

its like.. built into the block or something (o___o)...

other than that, its a nice car ^.^ b

Orion 05-12-2009 03:29 PM

i believe people are still waiting for parts to do ICE mods as well... but other than that its a good buy... i just wish it had a sunroof... most people don't care but i love the sunroof

Timpo 05-18-2009 06:03 PM

the fit is very nice, but if you're thinking about getting a supercharger and stuff...wouldn't it ruin the purpose of getting one?? good gas mileage?

gtstr32 07-29-2009 09:11 PM

does anyone know anything about the new exhaust manifold on the 09 fit. all i heard is no more blot on turbo kits?

s3ri3s-r 12-07-2009 12:21 PM

i got mine the week it ge08 came out..
around 16grand before tax..
nice ride and VERY fuel efficient
harsh in the winters.. youll need to raise it so the bottom wont scrape
you also need to put fog spray everywhere inside the car or it will fog up like crazy..
(fogs up even when its cold)
the lowest model still comes with power windows (thats right no roller ones :D)
however it comes with no alarms and power locks.. (i only put them on the drivers side)
all you need is new aftermarket bumpers, tinted tailights (DX already has black headlights :haha: so you dont need to spray them)
go to aj-r in richmond and they have everything you need
or go to www.fitfreak.com

Onassis 12-07-2009 01:29 PM

I actually traded in my old fit for the new one (09 Sport). I have to say the build quality in the old one was a lot better.

MG1 12-07-2009 04:00 PM

I love my Fit. So practical and fun to drive.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3347674

orange7 12-07-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6427929)
the fit is very nice, but if you're thinking about getting a supercharger and stuff...wouldn't it ruin the purpose of getting one?? good gas mileage?

lol

shenmecar 12-08-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic (Post 6717413)
I love my Fit. So practical and fun to drive.

hows the modding coming along? =P

orange7 12-08-2009 02:21 PM

OP should turn his fit into a hello kitty fit

MG1 12-08-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6718569)
hows the modding coming along? =P

Didd you check out the Car Domain site?

Here's the link again if you missed it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3347674

I have done a couple of minor mods since the last update. Ambient lights in the rear seat area and trunk and beefier horns. Nothing more embarrassing than a lame meep meep.

MG1 12-08-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3ri3s-r (Post 6717089)
you also need to put fog spray everywhere inside the car or it will fog up like crazy..
(fogs up even when its cold)

I think all new cars have that problem. I think it's due to all the chemicals from the adhesives and plastic that mess up the glass.

Quote:

however it comes with no alarms and power locks.. (i only put them on the drivers side)
all you need is new aftermarket bumpers, tinted tailights (DX already has black headlights :haha: so you dont need to spray them)
I bought the LX and not the DX-A, as originally planned.

shenmecar 12-09-2009 10:49 AM

Oh thats YOUR Fit? Hahahaha! Awesome stuff!

MG1 12-09-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6720078)
Oh thats YOUR Fit? Hahahaha! Awesome stuff!

Yup. I took the rims off last week and put the stock all seasons back on. Gawd those rims are fugly. Same ones that come on the Hybrids. Solid discs.

skyxx 12-09-2009 12:49 PM

^ But, they're super lightweight wheels. Not kidding.

MG1 12-09-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyxx (Post 6720251)
^ But, they're super lightweight wheels. Not kidding.

Absolutely. I drove with the stock wheels from the dealer to the tire shop. I never drove for more than 40 kms with them discs. I can tell you that just going from the 17 inch Enkei's back to stock, my mileage has improved by at least 3 mpg. And, the car drives much smoother. Too bad it looks like crap.