REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #16276
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
that range just kinda looks like a mish mash of body kits etc.
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #16277
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,470 Times in 1,148 Posts

artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #16278
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuda View Post
Spoiler!
Who says money cant buy Driving skills, cause they were right.

I saw that 12c Not too long ago on Westminister hwy

Last edited by kross9; 05-05-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spoilered pictures
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #16279
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuda View Post

Did you run into the dilemma of having to post the photos in this thread or the shitty drivers thread?
Cwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #16280
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Stop quoting the pictures
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 AM   #16281

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
damn this is rare

1990 Ruf CTR "Yellowbird" 6-Speed Manual
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #16282
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Think I found something even rarer

Mint 1972 911 RS

amusegt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #16283

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^^^^hory fcuk, those P-cars
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #16284
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Kinda sketch that they advertise it as an RS in the title. I still want it regardless of replica.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #16285

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusegt1 View Post
Think I found something even rarer

Mint 1972 911 RS

No you didn't. lol
That car is a replica, and frankly 80K is stretching it.

Original '72 RS go for around $400K these days.

There's one in Van

boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #16286
I STILL don't get it

I saw one the other day. Older white guy driving it. Looked just like that pic but with red wheels and logos.
R. Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #16287
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
A couple of interesting ones from the past month that i got to test drive

More Pictures Here
Quote:
An engine by Ferrari, styling by Pininfarina, and 100 years of heritage. Put those ingredients together and you get the modern day Maserati.

Performance – The engine is built alongside other Ferrari engines in the same factory in Maranello, Italy. Unfortunately the 4.7L V8 in this Maserati is nowhere near as powerful as other Ferrari engines as it only produces 433hp and 361 lb-ft of torque. I’m not saying that it isn’t a lot, it’s just that it’s not as much as other Ferrari V8s that are being produced such as the 560hp Ferrari 458 or even the 454hp California. However, one very good thing about this engine is the exotic noise that it makes especially when you roll off from a stop. The noise is like an orgasm for your ears. On the move, the engine can be subdued when the car is in normal “D” mode or the engine can feel responsive and like a caged animal when the car is in Sport mode. However the “caged animal” under the hood doesn’t quite have the same punch as the more powerful and lighter Aston Martin DB9. If the GranTurismo had another 40hp then I think it would have no problem keeping up with the DB9 but unfortunately in Italy nothing is allowed to be faster than a Ferrari so I think they purposely kept the engine’s power low to ensure that a Maserati will not be faster than a Ferrari.

One place that Maserati wasn’t restricted by “Italian law” was the design of the suspension. This Maserati utilizes Skyhook suspension which I don’t really know what it means but what I can say is that it works brilliantly. On city streets, the shocks easily absorb bumps in the roads and when you want to have some fun in the mountains, they provide excellent feedback to the driver about what the front wheels are doing.

Comfort – In addition to providing good handling, the suspension also delivers an exceptionally good ride. I felt perfectly comfortable and didn’t cringe when driving over a bump on some of the worse Vancouver city streets. Unfortunately the seats did feel a bit hard and they did not offer any support whatsoever when taking fast corners.

The design of the interior is what one would expect from a premium Italian auto manufacturer. The design of the dashboard and center console is simple but it looks elegant. If I were to buy this car, I would have absolutely no problem enjoying my time inside this car and drooling over the trident logo on the steering wheel.

Odds and Ends – The elegant styling continues to the exterior of this Maserati. Pininfarina has been styling cars for decades and almost everything they design goes down into the history books as a timeless piece of art. There are however one or two little details that irritate me. For example, the side vents look like they came off of a Buick and it wasn’t a pretty Buick either.

This was the first proper Italian supercar that I’ve driven in my life and it did not disappoint. Sure it feels a little slower than it should be and the seats are not quite as comfortable as they should be but once you see the trident logo directly in front of you on the steering wheel and you hear the exotic soundtrack of the V8, all is forgotten and you just enjoy the drive of the Maserati.

More Pics Here
Quote:
Power, Beauty, Soul. Aston Martin has incorporated these three words into every vehicle they’ve produced since 1913. So what do each of those words represent in a modern Aston Martin? Read on…

Performance – The “Power” of this Aston Martin comes from a howling V12 engine that produces 450hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. The only word that can accurately describe how the DB9 accelerates is astonishing. Yes, there are more power engines out there with fewer cylinders but few can match the smoothness and sense of urgency that this V12 provides. Whether the car is accelerating from a dead stop or overtaking at high speed, the rate at which it accelerates feels like it’s unending. My only criticism is that the throttle and brake pedals are a bit too sensitive. If this was a thoroughbred race car then they would be just fine but because it’s considered as more of a GT car, then the pedals are a bit too sensitive. The new 6-speed automatic ZF transmission helps to put all of the V12’s power down to the road. Shifting is smooth and fast but what impressed me more was how quickly the transmission responded to driver inputs. Usually in other automatic cars, there’s a delay between the time the driver puts his foot down on the throttle to the time that the car actually starts to accelerate. In this DB9 however, it feels more like a manual transmission rather than a “slush box”. Overall, the power train of the DB9 is perfectly capable of dealing with the slow pace of city traffic or the high speeds of highway cruising.

Aston Martin have also put a great deal of resources into developing a chassis that is capable of being comfortable when driving like normal human beings but also stiff and sporty enough to make even a 66 year old person feel like 16 again. The new chassis has double the rigidity of the outgoing DB7 but it is 25% lighter. What that means is that the lightness helps keep fuel bills low as well as 0-100km/h times and the rigidity helps keep the 19” wheels and 275 wide section tires planted on the road at all times. Steering is very quick and responsive and nicely weighted for enthusiastic driving but for city driving, and taking a lot of 90 degree corners, it is a little bit too heavy.

Comfort – “Beauty” is split into exterior, more on that later, and interior. Nearly a decade ago when this DB9 was launched, no other auto manufacturer could even come close to the beauty of the interior design and the quality of the materials. The brushed aluminum trim has a timeless design to it and the engine start/stop button looks like it’s encased in crystal. The instrument cluster is just as beautifully crafted with the prominent speedometer and the counter clockwise motion tachometer. The only let down is the steering wheel which looks like it came from a mid-size Ford sedan.

The ride quality is a little bit on the firmer side than one would expect in a GT car. It’s nowhere near as harsh as a true sports car like the Corvette Z06 but neither is it as soft and smooth as a Mercedes SL63 AMG, it’s just right in the middle. One thing I was not expecting was the feeling of claustrophobia in this car. The roof line is very low and the side windows are very small making it seem like there is less room inside the cabin.

Odds and Ends – The exterior “Beauty” of the DB9 is exquisite. Photographing this car was not difficult because from every angle the car has an interesting and appealing line that engages the human eye. Aston Martin DB5, Ferrari 250, Lamborghini Miura, these are all cars that half a century ago captivated onlookers and they all still do to this day. Half a century from today, this DB9 will also continue to captivate onlookers and lucky owners as it will become a future classic.

And that brings us to “Soul”. Most people don’t believe that a mechanical object can have a soul but for gear heads a car is more than just a lifeless machine. Some consider it as an extension of one’s body while others as a reliable lifelong companion. Whatever the case may be, Aston Martin’s in general bring out certain special feelings when a person drives or even sees an Aston Martin. It’s those special feelings that can turn a good car into a timeless classic that will be revered for decades to come.
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #16288
I STILL don't get it

Thanked 3,710 Times in 328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
No you didn't. lol
That car is a replica, and frankly 80K is stretching it.

Original '72 RS go for around $400K these days.

There's one in Van
I was a passenger going southbound on Oak street/49th with my co-worker, and I started yelling like an idiot because I saw what looked like an RS but in Gulf Racing Blue and Orange wheels/decals flying the opposite way. I hope that it was a real one, even if it was a replica the amount of want is high
DEADBEA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #16289

With a car like that, in a way I'd rather have the replica, because I'd want to bag the shit out of it. I mean, its still a porsche, and its still a 911. The chassis is no different. Even if you are baller as fuck, if you stuff your RS into a wall at a track day, you aren't finding another one.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #16290
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

That Maserati is such a gorgeous shade of blue. Very nice.

All we know is, I'm called The Stig
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #16291
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #16292

Last edited by tofu1413; 05-07-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: double post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #16293

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADBEA7 View Post
I was a passenger going southbound on Oak street/49th with my co-worker, and I started yelling like an idiot because I saw what looked like an RS but in Gulf Racing Blue and Orange wheels/decals flying the opposite way. I hope that it was a real one, even if it was a replica the amount of want is high

I've been seeing that one around south surrey area multiple times the past couple of weeks but every time i'm driving/working and can't get pics...Haven't been able to get a close look yet to see if real or not.
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #16294
RS controls my life!

Every aston martin from the last 15 years looks the same to me besides the one-77. The only thing that reminds me it's more special then the others is if it has an abundance of vents on the hood. Honestly, besides the engine, what is the difference between them all? Can't they mix it up a bit? Am I only the one that has this problem?
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #16295

spotted. my gran turismo fan boy ness is tingling.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #16296
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
^inb4 911 fan

They have their differences. It's a beautiful shape and you can't expect much to change.

The sizes of the cars are pretty different I guess its just harder to see in pictures.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #16297
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I borrowed my bro-in-laws Maserati Gran Turismo last week because he needed my car and I was really disappointed with the way the car handled. I was expecting it to be more nimble and refined but instead it felt very heavy and sluggish at times. The shifts felt very clunky with the tranny jumping all over the place. In the looks department it's sexy but driving wise it's awful. Too many other cars in this price range I would buy over the GT.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 09:59 PM   #16298

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
A friends latest addition to his garage and his other babies....

smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #16299
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I would never park my car especially a exotic car beside a wall with hanging bikes.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #16300

If you have a brain and a screwdriver, it really shouldn't be an issue to put some hangers up that wont fall.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote: