REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

female cops in Richmond

Always have problems with them for some reason.
What's with their macho, rude attitude?
is that what they train them in Police training?
seriously.. compare to other cops on other regions such as North shore.. man are they asses and bitches
Few days ago, I ran into one of them at around midnight going pretty damn slow.. because I was looking for late night food place. My friend was following me from behind and we parked into a small mall in front of the restaurant.
A female cop pulls over.. keep looking at us.. and we looked back at her.. suddenly she turns on all her light including flash light.. direct my face blinding me. Then she comes over to me and starts to yell at me, saying "where did you learn to drive like a fucking idiot!". I stared at her.. in disbelief.. asking "was I speeding officer?" She replied, screaming again, "you were driving waaay over the limit" I looked at her.. late 20's caucasian female... "officer, I might have been little under the limit because I was looking for the place, but definitely not over, and my friend over there is my witness if you need one."
She replies again in rude voice, "your friend in another case.. completely ignored stop sign!"
I was in such shock... now getting irritated... "but officer, there is NO stop sign on the road where we came from".
She asked me for ID and registeration and asked few questions where we came from, what we're doing.. When she went back to her car, I pulled out a pen, thinking this is really ridicilous. I would definitely get her name and her supervisor's name if she gives me any bullshit ticket or warning. She comes back few min later and tells me to scram and leaves. I wanted to get her name but my friend tells me it's not worth it, it's her words vs mine..

I asked my friend if she can believe what just happened, she just replies.. it's never happened to me before, it must be your car...
Yes I drive a sports car.. doesn't mean I deserve to be threated in such way..

P.s. similiar things happened few years back again in Richmond.. again by 20's female caucasian cop. That time she gave me bullshit ticket for not wearing a seat belt when she could clearly see me wearing one. She claimed I quickly wore it when she pulled over, which was complete nonsense..
Fought the ticket in the court.. Before the trial, she tried to plea bargain with me saying she will weave penalty points if I agree to pay fine in full. I laughed at her, saying either she's stupid or dishonest, as not wearing seat belt does not have a penalty point but only fines. Needless to say, I won the case and gave the cop a little embarassment at the court..
Advertisement
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Retired Traffic Cop

I appreciate that you aren't happy. However, there doesn't seem to be a question here for me to answer, and if you take a quick look at the forum rules you will find:

3. This is not a forum to make complaints of any Police Dept.

If you need advice on how to make a complaint about an officer's actions, search will certainly find it for you as we have already discussed it in this forum.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #3

i do reget if I didn't follow forum rule.. but if I may ask.. why are female officers in Richmond so "aggresive?"
I know generalizing a group from few experiences isnt right thing to do.. but I have yet to seen a police woman in Richmond that is friendly or at least 'profession' to be least..
Isn't police officer there to 'serve and protect'? not to 'bully and bitch'?
I had a talk with ex-coworker who is now a police officer and he did tell me how dealing with situations and peoples who are not so normal everyday basis did change his point of view of how people are in general. However, seeing other friendly cops in other regions, it's not a valid excuse for such rude behavior imho..
Here is a question for you skidmark..
If I record conversations with cops, can it be used against them if there was unfair threatment? Maybe in traffic court? Can the police officer refused to be recorded/seize recording device lawfully?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
i do reget if I didn't follow forum rule.. but if I may ask.. why are female officers in Richmond so "aggresive?"
I know generalizing a group from few experiences isnt right thing to do.. but I have yet to seen a police woman in Richmond that is friendly or at least 'profession' to be least..
Isn't police officer there to 'serve and protect'? not to 'bully and bitch'?
I had a talk with ex-coworker who is now a police officer and he did tell me how dealing with situations and peoples who are not so normal everyday basis did change his point of view of how people are in general. However, seeing other friendly cops in other regions, it's not a valid excuse for such rude behavior imho..
Here is a question for you skidmark..
If I record conversations with cops, can it be used against them if there was unfair threatment? Maybe in traffic court? Can the police officer refused to be recorded/seize recording device lawfully?
couple factors to boot. she probably had a bad childhood. people in denser cities tend to be more snobby/stuck-up than people in less populated places. it's just the way the human mind works. i was personally born and raised in vancouver. if somebody is staring at my car, i know they want to have a conversation about cars, but i just pretend i cant see them. there's different types of trends in different types of places. hard-ass richmond rcmp seems to be the trend in richmond.

as for any future incidences, i suggest immediately pulling out your cell phone and video record the entire conversation with the officer. you don't have to stick the cell phone in her face and say "IM RECORDING THIS!!" just have the phone set on record while it's in your pocket. you'd be surprised at how many tickets get torn up once you tell them you have the entire thing recorded on audio/video. only use this if you're in the right, though, because you'll just look like an idiot for recording a text-book conversation with an officer if you've legitimately done something wrong.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

From the basic requirements section of the RCMP's recruiting page:

Quote:
Good character:
You should possess the following values: integrity, honesty, professionalism, compassion, respect and accountability. Our selection process will determine if your personal history, traits and characteristics are suitable for a career in policing.
If you feel you were treated poorly, a complaint would be the best way to handle the situation.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
NSX
NA1

I have a female friend who is an officer in Richmond. She is nothing like you described and is the sweetest, and kindest officer I know.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
"I have a female friend who is an officer in Richmond. She is nothing like you described and is the sweetest, and kindest officer I know"

a female richmond cop gave me a ticket also because my brian jessel frame has clear plastic covering the plate, after looking at my car by circling it 3 times.

On the other hand, police in all the other areas of vancouver are friendly, nice, and understanding.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
NSX
NA1

^^ In bold because....?

A female cant be my friend and a officer at the same time?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #9

.. gsp... u serious...
I believe his intention of putting 'friend' in bold case is that she IS YOUR friend who will act differently towards you than others..
and.. I believe that there could be a female Richmond cop who can be friendly and professional.. as I highly doubt that I met all female cops in Richmond.. But.. I have yet to see one yet..
Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
NSX
NA1

^^And thats where youre wrong. I believe that she will have the professionalism to serve me a ticket if I did something wrong.

Its also too bad you directed this thread to FEMALE COPS of RICHMOND. You chose not to isolate the case to a certain officer, but took a generalization to females. Im simply stating that there are good FEMALE officers in Richmond.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post
^^And thats where youre wrong. I believe that she will have the professionalism to serve me a ticket if I did something wrong.

Its also too bad you directed this thread to FEMALE COPS of RICHMOND. You chose not to isolate the case to a certain officer, but took a generalization to females. Im simply stating that there are good FEMALE officers in Richmond.
I believe that she will have the professionalism to serve me a ticket if I did something wrong.

I bet she would issue you a ticket /end sarcasm. Yaaa right buddy, I highly doubt that would happen. I am just saying if you have a friend that is a cop or a you are a cop, a fellow officer is highly unlikely to issue a small infraction or a violation. You are always treated better if you are a family member or friend.

Last edited by stutterr; 05-16-2009 at 11:30 PM.
stutterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,386 Times in 547 Posts
To lump everyone in there is pretty general isn't it.

I have the opposite experience. 2 encounter with female RCMP officers in Richmond and both were extremely polite to deal with. Maybe it was due to the fact that I wasn't being penalized in any way, but still it was a pleasant surprise both times so yes it can be possible.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
NSX
NA1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutterr View Post
I believe that she will have the professionalism to serve me a ticket if I did something wrong.

I bet she would issue you a ticket /end sarcasm. Yaaa right buddy, I highly doubt that would happen. I am just saying if you have a friend that is a cop or a you are a cop, a fellow officer is highly unlikely to issue a small infraction or a violation. You are always treated better if you are a family member or friend.

Sure, I guess you know best.
Either way, its not about me. It is about having a friend and knowing her well enough that shes isnt and wont become what was described by OP.

Can you say that you dont have a friend, male or female, that you can vouche for and say: "he/shes not like that or shell never do that? "

If you have one then.......sorry for you.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post

gsp.. i don't mean to offend you but i really gotta question your IQ..
I explaining what vsvs meant by putting friend in bold case doesn't mean I agree with him..
All I did was simply trying to help you understand his intention.. Either you are playing dumb.. or are really dumb.. if you weren't playing dumb.. please read twice before replying.. Your replies gives me headache..

and about generalization.. I already stated that it is not what I wanted to do but EVERY experience with female officers in Richmond was rather unpleasant whereas male officers or officers of different regions was completely different experiences..

Ofcourse, I do know that I havent met every one of female officers in Richmond and I do believe and sincerely hope not every female officers in Richmond are bitches but friendly and professional.

I guess I got frustrated with experiences I've had with them and was ranting about it because it seems that those officers I've encountered have been needlessly powertripping and there seems to be hardly anything we can do to regulate them from doing so..

my intention wasn't framing them but it seems to be that way now... I do feel regret if my ranting offended anyone and I just hope my next encounter with those officers would be a little more pleasant if there will be one in the future..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #15
NSX
NA1

good luck.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #16
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
I had gotten into an accident and was taking my car to the bodyshop but then my engine overheated before I could make it so I pulled into a side street to let it cool down before I continued on my way.

There were other people there and one of them called the police thinking that I had just been in an accident (it happened two days before) because my front end was trashed and there was smoke coming out from under the hood.

So a female caucasian officer came up to me and asked how I was doing and what I planned to do... I said I was on my way to the bodyshop and was just cooling my engine. She was pretty understanding and ignored a couple of "interesting" mods to my car and just made sure I could drive the rest of the way.

So not all of them are rude... some are okay too.

Oh and this was in Richmond.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
RS Peace Officer

Well I have to first say as Skidmark did that this is not the appropriate place to complain about police officers from any juridiction, and if you feel you have been treated unfairly then you should complain.

It is unfortunate that some people seem to have bad luck when dealing with Police officers, not sure why that is. I have worked with a couple of hundred different ones over the course of my career. I have met a few bad apples that seem to take this profession too personally and can be very short and at times very rude to people. Fortunately most seem to mellow with age, as letting this proffesion beat you up daily like that will cause way too much stress in your life.

I have worked in Richmond for 12 years now and I can not think of any female members that would behave in that manner but then again I do not work with all of them on a daily basis.... I personally try to be consistent in my dealings and treat people in a firm but fair manner.

This quoted post was a little confusing to me as I do not see the conection.

"a female richmond cop gave me a ticket also because my brian jessel frame has clear plastic covering the plate, after looking at my car by circling it 3 times.

On the other hand, police in all the other areas of vancouver are friendly, nice, and understanding. "

I do not see how getting a ticket for an offence (clear cover is illegal and BJ has been advised that it is) and then the statement police in all other areas of vancouver are freindly and understanding, go together. There is no indication the officer treated you in a rude or unfreindly manner, or is it just the fact she decided to issue you a VT reason enough to find the treatement unfair or rude, and the fact police in other juridictions choose not to issue you a ticket make them nicer.....

Well I hope that any future dealings with the fine members of Richmond RCMP are more pleasant.... If it is me I know they will be because I am the nicest cop in town...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #18
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
And....the most modest !!!! But then, you also drive a MINI Cooper S.....and that explains it all.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
I bringith the lowerballerith

He got a new ride recently. Even hotter than the one he had before, in my opinion.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #20
RS Peace Officer

t could possibly be hotter than a JCW MCS?? ( Spoken as the owner of one...totally unbiased, of course).
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
How I Mod your mother

Must be your car dude, up till now I've never had problems with a police officer.
They've always been polite, one even let me off the hook before for not having my license on me.

I accidentally left my wallet at home thinking it was in my pocket the entire time, but when I got to this road block I didnt have it on me
I was asked to pull to the side, the cop took my license back to his car and came back a few mins later and told me he's letting me off
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
HELP ME PLS!!!

in my limited experience, i've found that female cops are WAY WAY nicer than others. One that i'll never forget was when a female officer was taking the pins out of my pants (she said it could be considered a weapon) and took the time to fold my pants up for me in the way that would not allow them to fall back down n get dirty. All the while the other officers were bitching at her to hurry up n get me in. Given the circumstances, she had no obligation nor was it expected of her to do that....yet she did.

But the officers I met later more than balanced things for her kindness. But they're another story lol
Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
t could possibly be hotter than a JCW MCS?? ( Spoken as the owner of one...totally unbiased, of course).
I love the new Clubman he's got. Not sure if its a JCW model, but it looks badass.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 05-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #24
RS Peace Officer

MINI Clubman...they used to be called "Estate Wagons" in England...hope they gave you at least the S Turbo....now that Mr Rootes and his supercharger are gone.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #25

Yes, its the turbo.