REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   any NSX around for sale? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576036-any-nsx-around-sale.html)

Seks 05-17-2009 10:08 AM

any NSX around for sale?

I'll be in Vancouver for a few days. Curious if anyone has any sightings of NSX's for sale on dealer's lots and such? 91-96 would be ideal. Let me know. Thanks

brute_4s 05-17-2009 12:11 PM

there was one at a repo lot in surrey...fraser and like 161 i believe...a red one...dunno if its still there...they also had a copper one with the newer front end...but again dunno if its still there

Timpo 05-17-2009 12:59 PM

just search around...you'll fine some NSXs for sale

1992 ACURA NSX $32,800.00
Options: Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Driver Air Bag, Dual Air Bag, Power Brakes, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Leather Interior, Power Locks, Spoiler, Tilt Wheel, Premium and/or Oversized Wheels

Description : Local Vancouver premium vehicle with very low kms... Very rare... visit us at www.vib-motorcars.com see our website at www.vib-motorcars.com or visit us in Richmond at 3851 No.3 Road, Call: 604-771-9388 or 604-779-2820
http://www.canadatrader.com/App_Them...er/overlay.gif

2004 ACURA NSX-T $74,980.00
Description : Fully equipped 04 Acura NSX-Targa. Yellow on Yellow leather, Navigation, and DVD. Accident free, well maintained, and balance of factory warranty. Lease or Finance. All trades accepted. For more pictures of this exclusive vehicle, please go to www.bluestarmotors.com or call Rob at 604.649.1975. Blue Star Motors - visit our website www.bluestarmotors.com

Warranty Description : Balance of Mfr Warranty
http://www.canadatrader.com/App_Them...er/overlay.gif

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...ritishcolumbia

ilvtofu 05-17-2009 02:08 PM

i went to check out the one at VIB in richmond and was pretty disappointed it had pretty low mileage but it certainly didn't feel like it, not bad if ur gonna mod the shit out of it though
The car was pretty rough and the seats looked like crap
I don't remember it being over 30k though, thought it was less.
Doesn't look or feel like a quality car, not like the newer gen ones.

Seks 05-18-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6426686)
i went to check out the one at VIB in richmond and was pretty disappointed it had pretty low mileage but it certainly didn't feel like it, not bad if ur gonna mod the shit out of it though
The car was pretty rough and the seats looked like crap
I don't remember it being over 30k though, thought it was less.
Doesn't look or feel like a quality car, not like the newer gen ones.

Could you elaborate more on it? What do you mean by "rough"? How's the paint? Any dents/scratches? So the seats have some cracks in the leather?

What brand of wheels are on them? (can't tell from pix)

My plan was to drop by there when I'm in Van but now that you mentioned more about the car, I might not :confused:

mas604 05-18-2009 09:14 AM

I'm also looking for one and from what I remember there were a few on craiglists for under 30Gs awhile ago.

EX-Raver 05-18-2009 09:26 AM

Be careful with VIB, had a bad experience with them. They know nothing bout the cars they are selling, they just make everything up. Told me car was never ever hit, but it was obvious the car was hit. Whether they knew bout the hit i will never know. I almost purchased the car anyways, had cheque and everything ready but backed out at the last minute due to them lying.

Marioo1991 05-18-2009 10:55 AM

I've checked the one out at VIB.. it's been there for a very long time, and I didnt get a good Vibe from the guy when I was asking questions...

I've been wanting to get an NSX for a long time, but the ones that are clean, history of maintenance, etc are overpriced, but that's expected since it's such a rare car...

I think I'll just save my money an get an S2K

Ludepower 05-18-2009 11:03 AM

In before some loser says buy a corvette/supra.

Seks 05-18-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeivb (Post 6427453)
I've checked the one out at VIB.. it's been there for a very long time, and I didnt get a good Vibe from the guy when I was asking questions...

I've been wanting to get an NSX for a long time, but the ones that are clean, history of maintenance, etc are overpriced, but that's expected since it's such a rare car...

weary vibe aside, what was the condition of the car inside and outside?

orange7 05-18-2009 01:17 PM

check those hobby shops, they might have a NSX toy car. You can play with it, and it doesn't cost anything to maintain. hahaz

kumbo1 05-18-2009 02:51 PM

^lol

Isn't on some models, a problem with the transmission?

Timpo 05-18-2009 04:01 PM

www.ebaymotors.com

thumper 05-19-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeivb (Post 6427453)

a year ago i called VIB on the phone because i didn't want to waste a trip to richmond on this one if it turned out to be a dog... i was transferred between two salespeople because one couldn't speak good english, and the other one who could speak english didn't know a thing about the car. but in summary, the car has no service history and has a declaration for an undisclosed accident. i tried to get the VIN to do a check, and they told me they would call me back once they find the paperwork (why they couldn't just read it off the windshield i had no idea at the time), and they never did.

lexluthor09 05-19-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumbo1 (Post 6427691)
^lol

Isn't on some models, a problem with the transmission?

yes its within a range of VIN numbers I forget.

Just search up NSX snap ring range.

Timpo 05-19-2009 10:21 AM

NSX is usually in better condition compare to other honda because of aluminum which can't rust.
that's what i heard

Ludepower 05-19-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6428795)
NSX is usually in better condition compare to other honda because of aluminum which can't rust.
that's what i heard

cars local to vancouver dont rust anyways.

ilvtofu 05-19-2009 03:31 PM

Yeah the leather was pretty cracked and looked like it wasn't taken good care of, don't remember what exactly but felt like it was owned by some stupid punk before.
Engine idled rough, but possibly because it hadn't been driven for a while? I revved it and it didn't sound healthy, sounded 4 cyl-ish

death_blossom 05-20-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6428795)
that's what i heard

aluminium can rust, but is much more resilient to rusting. when the NSX first came out, Honda said the chassis would not rust for at least 10-15years. I heard that the aluminium panels on the NSX can get warped more easily if you put force on it.