REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Guy with a family with a combined income of $40,000 buys a Gallardo (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576484-guy-family-combined-income-%2440-000-buys-gallardo.html)

originalhypa 05-25-2009 12:24 PM

Sure, it's worth something. But what?
$100g less than he paid for it?

So he walks away with $100g, basically throwing away the other hundred. And for what, because he wanted one as a kid?

Buddy needs to grow up, and live in the now.
I stand by everything that I said, that he could have used the cash to better his own, and his families situation. But instead, he dropped 5 years worth of income on a car that he doesn't even drive very often.

You'd have to be either young and inexperienced, or batshit crazy to agree with his choices.

Graeme S 05-25-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 6433798)
Whats this guy going to do if he ever loses his job?

Sell the lambo?

He's not financing, he OWNS it.

Rev 05-25-2009 03:07 PM

It must be a RS tradition no one reads carefully haha

Quote:

I earn £20K or $30K a year, my wife earns half that,
GBP:CDN today is 1.00 GBP = 1.78845 CAD

Suppose it's avg of $25K and 12.5K GBP for his wife = that's still nearly $68k combined income for both of them not $40K cdn that everyone's thinking.

Still, mad respect for the guy's dilligence in saving up. I probably would've bought something else but god knows what I could've done if I saved up for something like him!

ilvtofu 05-25-2009 08:47 PM

To be honest, a $40k income is really enough to provide a decent life for his family, and maintain the lambo.

The guy used his old savings to buy the lambo, but that isn't a ding in his current income, the only damage to his current income brought on by the lambo is the insurance, maintenance etc., so i don't see how 40,000 GBP a year could be insufficient

rslater 05-25-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 6436482)
I stand by everything that I said, that he could have used the cash to better his own, and his families situation. But instead, he dropped 5 years worth of income on a car that he doesn't even drive very often.

He dropped 5 years worth of income, on income that he gained over 40 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Bastardo 05-25-2009 10:36 PM

While I agree with the fact that he could have used the money he spent on the car to invest and receive returns to finance his passion with he still decided that life really was too short to live without what he wants.

Car forums all over the world are probably talking about this guy. Hes now world famous.

He got his dream car, provides for his family, and has international notoriety(albeit among a very specific group of people)

We should all be so lucky.

SlowRider 05-26-2009 12:48 PM

i thought this was a "CAR CLUB" not a "BITCH CLUB"

i personally like the look of his lambo...also luv the white lip rims ....nice !

ELITE_TRAYUNZE 05-26-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowRider (Post 6438145)
i thought this was a "CAR CLUB" not a "BITCH CLUB"

i personally like the look of his lambo...also luv the white lip rims ....nice !

That is not his lambo...

124Y 05-26-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 6436482)
Sure, it's worth something. But what?
$100g less than he paid for it?

So he walks away with $100g, basically throwing away the other hundred. And for what, because he wanted one as a kid?

Buddy needs to grow up, and live in the now.

You'd have to be either young and inexperienced, or batshit crazy to agree with his choices.

Personally, I wouldn't have done that if I were in the same situation. I would use the cash on investments or save up for emergency usage. However, it is the man's choice and he is willing to sacrifice a lot more than we would have. Therefore, it is not about being inexperienced or what not, it's about personal preference.

!Tigger 05-27-2009 12:19 AM

props to this guy, hes a true enthusiast. but... im surprised he can get brakes and shit for so cheap off ebay!

drunkrussian 05-27-2009 08:44 AM

has anybody considered the fact that he may be lying?

ie he's buying a used bumper, gets criticized for it and makes up a lie in order to make the other dude look bad? It happens a lot on forums, seen ppl get caught for it a couple of times on revscene even

underscore 05-27-2009 09:18 AM

^ yeah, but thats no fun.

q0192837465 05-27-2009 04:13 PM

Well, if he invested in Mutual funds, he'd be in a worse position than investing in the Lambo. So yea, good job

unit 05-27-2009 05:44 PM

^not true... he'd still be holding something that could appreciate.

Shun Izaki 05-27-2009 08:07 PM

there's not much to say...

other than I know we waste a lot of money. I waste money eating out, i waste money playing games..

but those to me, are fun. He can lambo all he wants, oh, no wait he can't. he drives like nothing in a year...

so meh.. i wouldn't be proud of being a minimalist or proud of the way i live either... i just don't care. XD

CanadaGoose 05-27-2009 10:41 PM

Wow....talk about living beyond your means

I feel sorry for his kids