REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (https://www.revscene.net/forums/577397-adventures-tintin-secret-unicorn.html)

+Kardboard+ 05-29-2009 09:22 AM

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Hmm...I've got mixed feelings about this. Grew up on the books and the cartoon, but this...I'm not sure. Could be epic, I suppose? It's got some pretty good names behind it:

Quote:

The Adventures of Tintin Hits Theaters on Dec. 23, 2011
Source:Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment
May 29, 2009

Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment today announced their release plans for the long awaited 3-D motion capture feature film The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn directed by Steven Spielberg, produced by Spielberg, Peter Jackson, and Kathleen Kennedy. The highly anticipated film will be released by Paramount in the U.S. on December 23, 2011. The film will launch internationally in late October and early November, 2011 with Sony Pictures Releasing International handling Continental Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and India, and Paramount distributing the film in Asia, Australia, UK and all other English speaking territories.

Starring Jamie Bell (Billy Elliot) as Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure, and Daniel Craig (Quantum of Solace) as the nefarious Red Rackham, the international cast also includes Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook.

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn is a Paramount Pictures and Columbia Pictures production from a screenplay by Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish, and is produced by Spielberg, Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy.

The film, which began production in late January 2009, is the first of a planned series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character created by Georges Remi, better known to the world by his pen name "Herge." Executive producers are Nick Rodwell, Stephane Sperry and Ken Kamins.

The second feature in the series is scheduled to be directed by Jackson, with a potential for a third film as well.

Eighty years ago, Herge introduced the world to a unique cast of characters who have been embraced by readers of all ages. "The Adventures of Tintin" - a series of 24 books, the final unfinished adventure was published after Herge's death, became Herge's life's work. The first adventure was published in 1929. Over 200 million copies have been sold worldwide. The popular series has been translated into 70 languages and still attracts thousands of new fans each year.

Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson will bring Herge's stories to life employing state-of-the-art performance capture technology developed by Jackson's Weta Digital.

http://superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8372

6793026 05-29-2009 12:15 PM

i re-read tintin these few weeks and i gotta say, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense at all. ahahahah

oh well we'll see

+Kardboard+ 05-29-2009 12:42 PM

LMAO It's brilliant, I get it. :D

Noir 06-05-2009 12:58 PM

Grew up and loved the Adventures of Tin-Tin comical series.

However, I'd hate for it to be turned to a modern movie. The story of Tin-Tin back then really wouldn't work nowadays to be profitably exciting without bastardizing the whole thing. And an honest film depiction of its literary content would make for a boring movie. They should just have left it as it is, so it really seems to me like it's another Film Co. cashing in on an established franchise's guaranteed following for guaranteed profit.

woob 06-05-2009 04:41 PM

I dunno maannnn Simon Pegg x Nick Frost usually turns into something good.

btw Asterix > Tintin

Noir 06-05-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 6453177)
I dunno maannnn Simon Pegg x Nick Frost usually turns into something good.

But Thompson and Thompson usually only has 10% involvement in Tin-Tin stories.

Plus, Nick Frost is fat and they're humour is not the same. For it to work, they'll have to do their own version of Thompson & Thompson.

Farfetched 06-06-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 6453177)
btw Asterix > Tintin

WRONG

KingDeeCee 06-07-2009 09:10 AM

Man, I used to go to the library all the time and borrow these comic books out. Lol. This might be good.

What is up with all these like childhood books turning into movies now? New trend in movie directors?

+Kardboard+ 06-07-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farfetched (Post 6453990)
WRONG

I love them both equally, but differently. :lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeeCee (Post 6455089)
Man, I used to go to the library all the time and borrow these comic books out. Lol. This might be good.

What is up with all these like childhood books turning into movies now? New trend in movie directors?

It's called no originality.

BNR32_Coupe 06-07-2009 12:57 PM

"Snowy, no!"

Snowy always gets into trouble. I wonder if we'll be able to hear his thoughts, or if he can speak lol that would be kind of weird

dark0821 06-08-2009 10:35 AM

probably just hear his thoughts...

StylinRed 11-25-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Peter Jackson says Tintin film is 'finished'
By Mark Savage
BBC News entertainment reporter

Peter Jackson
Jackson is producing The Hobbit, Tintin, and a remake of The Dam Busters

Steven Spielberg's Tintin film is in the can, but it will take two years for the computer animation to be completed, producer Peter Jackson has said.
wow 2yrs? oO

+Kardboard+ 11-25-2009 12:38 AM

o.O;

TEN THOUSAND BLISTERING BARNACLES!!! :mad:

skyxx 11-25-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6699343)
wow 2yrs? oO

Not surpirsing if the CG is Mindblasting. It could take up to 10 hours to render a frame. That's right you heard me A FRAME. Well, that's if the CG is really intense like Transformers. :lol

StylinRed 05-17-2011 02:17 AM

October 26 in the UK

December 23 for North America

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...posterfilm.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproducti...jpg?1305565608

so with it playing 2 months earlier in the UK we could probably expect a dvd/bluray b4 it hits our shores :s (especially being awards season)

SkinnyPupp 05-17-2011 04:41 AM

This is the kind of thread revival that is awesome.

6793026 05-17-2011 08:05 AM

i didn't think it was a cartoon. I love it when directors keep pushing the bars trying to do the next best thing. i'm loooking forward to it.

t8v6 05-17-2011 08:46 PM

shiiiiitt tintin comics were fuckin awesome when I was small. can't wait till this comes out.

Soundy 05-17-2011 09:08 PM

I woulda thought you all were too young to even know who Tintin was - heck, he was old when 89blkcivic and I were reading him as teens.

SkinnyPupp 05-17-2011 09:21 PM

Media didn't get outdated as fast as it did now. If you grew up in the 80's and 90's, you were watching shows and reading comics from decades prior.

604nguyen 05-17-2011 09:22 PM

wow
good memories, reminded me of when i made my mom take me to the library every weekend to find the next tintin to read lol...so whos read em all?

http://g.imagehost.org/0613/tintin.jpg

StylinRed 05-17-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7437671)
I woulda thought you all were too young to even know who Tintin was - heck, he was old when 89blkcivic and I were reading him as teens.

i didnt know you were that old! :)

but like Skinny said back when we were kids we were still watching/reading shows/comics that our parents did

not like now when theres something new and lame every couple months

One thing im not too fond of; Tintin is Belgian why did they give hiim a British accent

but oh well at least they didnt make him American like Spielberg wanted

StylinRed 07-11-2011 08:55 AM

new trailer

be warned its a long trailer so it reveals a lot

6793026 07-11-2011 10:56 AM

nto a bad trailer. not much of a spoiler i mean the comic is already out and u can find out how it ends.

to be honest, i have read the comics so many times, i think i'm only missing the first one that i hve yet to find.

if they do well with this movie, after the 3rd one, it'll be just like printing money since there are so many tintin to do.

Jermyzy 07-12-2011 03:07 PM

When I was young, I'd always be borrowing Tintin and Asterix comics from the library