REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Banned (BBM)

Moving out for the first time.

Its been nice living with my 2 parents and 3 brothers for the last 27 years. I always had someone to talk to and always got help when It was needed and I didn't even have to ask. In tough times like these its great to have a family support system where everyone contributes for a comfortable less stressful life (if you get along with them). I almost feel like im betraying my family by leaving them, I almost want to cry. I found a great basement suit to start my new journey located near 22nd st sky train station. Reason for leaving I just got married. Its funny because After I got married my wife and I stayed with my family for 1 year with no issues. We found out 6 months ago we were having a baby (boy) and now I feel I need to make a home and take care of my new family even tho Im so attached to my immediate family.

Well, most of you probably went out and bought a place right off the bat. I need to save for a down payment and thank goodness I have been good with my credit history (780 Fico score woohoo!) or I would be a renter for life. Can you believe my family and I have been renting in Canada since we landed here in 1986, we could have owned a house or two by now. I needed to get this off my chest and I hope there is someone out there that went through the same thing. Did it work out?

Well.. wish me luck.
Advertisement
chileanwinehous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
most of you probably went out and bought a place right off the bat
LOL I doubt it.

I'm still saving for a downpayment. I don't know what the different credit scores are, but I found out my beacon score today, and it's over 780
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
LOL I doubt it.

I'm still saving for a downpayment. I don't know what the different credit scores are, but I found out my beacon score today, and it's over 780
nice! 780 and above a excellent!
Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileanwinehous View Post
I almost feel like im betraying my family by leaving them, I almost want to cry. I found a great basement suit to start my new journey located near 22nd st sky train station. Reason for leaving I just got married. Its funny because After I got married my wife and I stayed with my family for 1 year with no issues. We found out 6 months ago we were having a baby (boy) and now I feel I need to make a home and take care of my new family even tho Im so attached to my immediate family.
Well.. wish me luck.

Grats bro. You did it the right way. You have no reason to feel guilty because you've got your own family to take care of. I'm sure your parents and brothers will understand.

Although it doesn't sound like you need it; good luck!
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
soon when you gain the privacy to walk around naked and do whatever you please, your old home will become nothing but a fond memory.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
soon when you gain the privacy to walk around naked and do whatever you please, your old home will become nothing but a fond memory.
not until 4 months later, when he has a baby in the house.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
congrats. its a huge step in ur life to move out on ur own!

and no, not everyone can afford to move out on their own, especially now. studies say actual take home pay is less than what our parents had when u factor the cost of living compared to income amount now compared to say 30 years ago.

but if you are married, you and your wife combined should get u a much better pre approved mortgage rate.

Good luck with the baby and everything!

When i first moved out, i literally slept in a sleeping bag and an inflatable mattress for a good 5 months. haha, you factor in the amount for the place, but never calculate right for the amount needed for furnishing...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
Banned (BBM)

Im in my new place. Boxes everywhere. I feel restless, empty. Maybe cleaning and setting up my new furniture will help. Something strange happened that my wife and I can't explain. My computer speakers were off, we went to take a shower together. When we returned the speakers were on with the volume turned all the way up with a buzzing noise.

Living with my family all these years Ive learned to keep to keep my voice to avoided waking my brother up. Ive caught myself whispering to my wife. Its funny because I have a problem with speaking loud in public and I'm told I mumble and speak to softly. I guess that's what years of keeping my voice down will do to me.

Tomorrow I will speak loud and proud. I will walk on my heels instead of my toes. I will walk to through my kitchen with only my sox on. I will not tell my wife to keep her voice down when I tickle her yahoo.

I will keep you updated on the(i hate to say it) possible haunting......
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #9
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileanwinehous View Post
Im in my new place. Boxes everywhere. I feel restless, empty. Maybe cleaning and setting up my new furniture will help. Something strange happened that my wife and I can't explain. My computer speakers were off, we went to take a shower together. When we returned the speakers were on with the volume turned all the way up with a buzzing noise.

I will keep you updated on the(i hate to say it) possible haunting......

fuckkkkkk that

time to move out (again)

there's no possible way speakers can turn on by themselves considering you and your wife were showering together
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post

fuckkkkkk that

time to move out (again)

there's no possible way speakers can turn on by themselves considering you and your wife were showering together
it is strange but Can't even think of moving just yet. We slept without a problem and we didn't hear any bumps in the night (just my wife's gas). There was a desk left behind with some neat stuff inside:

Mp3 player/usb
Old shockwave cd player
a ton of copied movies
a new brita water filter
a piece of paper with a password

ended up that the password was for the wireless internet. it didnt take long for me to figure it out. It said: int. *********. So now Im hooked up for free and hope it will last.

what the hell was that noise?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

congrats on ur new life. I'm sure u'll get full support from everyone. I'm sure ur parents are very proud that u can spread ur wings & fly

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment

I just bought a new condo too...

the only thing i can't really stand is other people in the house (who are trusted) that walk around and stuff when you're home...

oh well, i have a new room-mate XD
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Kitami View Post
I just bought a new condo too...

the only thing i can't really stand is other people in the house (who are trusted) that walk around and stuff when you're home...

oh well, i have a new room-mate XD
female or male room mate?
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
chileanwinehous, sounds like you've got your priorities straight, a good head on your shoulders, and a good sense of humour to boot. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
not until 4 months later, when he has a baby in the house.
Apart from my wife & I, we also have a 14 month old boy in the house. I walk around naked all the time - especially in this weather! Although you're right - I can't do whatever I want whenever I want...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

so far no one has asked the Q so I am gonna do it.

How did you get the girl to marry you with you are living with your parents?

Congrats on moving out, what ulic said is true, the freedom is great
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #16
VLS Head Mod

^^ not all women care about things like that. I know the majority of girls are materialistic but please remember that there are girls out there who don't care if you live at home or don't have a vehicle.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
^^ not all women care about things like that. I know the majority of girls are materialistic but please remember that there are girls out there who don't care if you live at home or don't have a vehicle.
as much as this is true, it's rare.
Chris rock once said (summary) once you start dating a guy with a car, you'll be like, heck no, i ain't dating a guy where i have to take public transit; or you date someone that doesn't live at home.. and now you're like. heck no... i'm only date mature guys that has a new apartment so i dont' have to fook in their parent's house....

it's so true.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #18
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
as much as this is true, it's rare.
Chris rock once said (summary) once you start dating a guy with a car, you'll be like, heck no, i ain't dating a guy where i have to take public transit; or you date someone that doesn't live at home.. and now you're like. heck no... i'm only date mature guys that has a new apartment so i dont' have to fook in their parent's house....

it's so true.
I have my own car so I don't care if my guy has his own car, at least a valid license is good enough. I have my own place (rented) so we can stay at my place if they lived with their parents.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
I have my own car so I don't care if my guy has his own car, at least a valid license is good enough. I have my own place (rented) so we can stay at my place if they lived with their parents.
sounds good

lets do this
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billboa View Post
sounds good

lets do this
Hahaha
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
why waste money at that time. That was my thing, i was 17, and my ex moved in with me for 3 years at my parents house.

This guy's a bit older, but meh... no big deal.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #22

Congradulations.
Hope the people upstairs are not noisy or you'll be up taking care of the baby all night!
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #23
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Congrats! it's about time

personally i dont' really find a need to move out until i get into a serious relationship. i get a LOT of space at home.

after i pay off my car, my mom's made me promise her to pay Rent and her plan is to give the money back when i'm ready to buy a home, sound good to me.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #24

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeTech View Post
after i pay off my car, my mom's made me promise her to pay Rent and her plan is to give the money back when i'm ready to buy a home, sound good to me.
That's an interesting arrangement - just make sure she keeps her word!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
nicely done man.. best wishes.. nice nice xD
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote