REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   350z Aps single turbo kit. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578304-350z-aps-single-turbo-kit.html)

Shawn Davie 06-06-2009 12:17 PM

350z Aps single turbo kit.

Is there any local 350z here running this kit. I am very serious about purchasing it, but would like to get some feedback from some atual owners. Not just sales guys.

G-spec 06-06-2009 12:21 PM

http://www.niclub.ca/

you will get answers there

Leopold Stotch 06-07-2009 12:48 AM

^adon does anyone locally own it?

i know you were thinking about it. but fuck it's expensive lol

G-spec 06-07-2009 09:07 PM

no the one I want is the STS remote mount turbo, it goes where your muffler is, doesnt go under your hood. The STS goes for about 7 grand installed and tuned, that's in the US though, I don't think anyone here will do it for that price.

The APS he's talking about comes in a Single turbo and Twin turbo configurations, I don't think anyone locally has it, but I'm not too sure, I'm sure that Mike and the Zed Tune guys would know for sure thats why I told him to jump over on NiClub.ca and ask there.

Jackwimmer 06-08-2009 05:18 PM

ur gonna need to build ur motor, i highly doubt it'll last on stock internals

Konvict 06-11-2009 07:55 PM

ive seen it done on stock internals...not sure for how long tho lol. been on my350z.com?
i was thinkin about this kit as an option but i leaned towards the APS TT as my future choice. follow in Alyssa's footsteps lol

Super Dipper 06-12-2009 04:15 PM

ive done a tt install on a 350z/g35 and its a major pain in the ass. save yourself the agony and buy a blower.

stock motor will take the abuse up to 9psi as long as you have a return fuel system and a good ems. no piggyback bs.

chris_89T 08-17-2009 08:58 PM

The key with boosting the VQ35 is the tune. The stock motor is pretty stout, but its not idiot proof. The problem with a lot of the guys complaining about built motors is they run piggybacks and wonder why they blew the motor at 500WHP. Just remember, even with a built motor, it doesnt make your car idiot proof, you can still run lean and burn a hole through a piston or detonate and crack a ring land. With a built motor, there is more of a safety net, over stock. Personally i dont think id go much above 400whp with any turbo setup if you plan on driving it every day and making the motor last.

Superchargers are much less destructive on motor/trannys simply because they have a much more linear power/torque curve. Personally at 400WHP id be a little more concerned about popping tranny's than engines assuming it is properly tuned.

freeze2010gtr 08-25-2009 10:08 PM

I ran the vortech on my g35, then went to the turbonetics. Vortech ran at 10psi turbonetics at 8.5. Liked the torque of the turbo, liked the top end of the vortech.

Super Dipper 08-26-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_89T (Post 6551785)
The key with boosting the VQ35 is the tune. The stock motor is pretty stout, but its not idiot proof. The problem with a lot of the guys complaining about built motors is they run piggybacks and wonder why they blew the motor at 500WHP. Just remember, even with a built motor, it doesnt make your car idiot proof, you can still run lean and burn a hole through a piston or detonate and crack a ring land. With a built motor, there is more of a safety net, over stock. Personally i dont think id go much above 400whp with any turbo setup if you plan on driving it every day and making the motor last.

Superchargers are much less destructive on motor/trannys simply because they have a much more linear power/torque curve. Personally at 400WHP id be a little more concerned about popping tranny's than engines assuming it is properly tuned.

although i agree with most of your first paragraph, the second paragraph is questionable.

boost pressure be it from a SC or turbo setup yield 400whp and not tuned correctly, wont last no matter how built the motor is. a SC kit is no more or less destructive than a turbo kit. if stuff is gonna break, its not gonna more to a turbo guy over a SC guy.

specifically relating to the G/Z guys 400+ whp on a stock 6spd trans will not have issues. A solid clutch to back the power and decent person behind the wheel will have no problems handling 400whp from a boosted car. the auto's are a different story and guys on the various forums seem to have problems around this power level.

and speaking from experience 400 whp anything (DSM, G/Z, evo, vette, S2K, RSX, civic, whatever) are no better or worse for daily driving than a car with 200whp or 300whp or whatever power level. It comes down to the driver, the tune and the setup.

as a quick example, local guy is running 394whp in his NA1 NSX. drives it regularly, no issue, would daily i bet if he could stuff his work gear in it.

DHP 2 09-09-2009 10:36 PM

We are currently working on a G35 with APS Extreme Twin Turbo kit with built engine and also manual swap.
Yon can come and check it out.

RacingGreed 09-10-2009 08:44 AM

we did a greddy twin turbo kit on a 2003 350z. It made 460 wheel at 16 psi with 94 & methanol

Heres the link for the car, (5th car down):

http://www.racinggreed.com/index.php?section=project

DHP 2 09-10-2009 06:23 PM

Cool.
We also had a 2005 350Z with greddy 18G twin turbo with 437whp @16psi with 94 too.
Currently under-going a 68hta upgrade with target 650whp.