REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   How much do tattoos actually hurt? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578970-how-much-do-tattoos-actually-hurt.html)

liu13 06-16-2009 07:18 AM

im planning to get a tattoo on my ribs, how bad is that? can u compare it to something?

is it like using a small blade and slicing skin?

brokentelephone 06-16-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6468001)
Then as a kid, you sure didn't grow up around very many war veterans. Both of my grandfathers proudly served in WW2, and both have tattoos to show for it. Neither of them are shady. And my 50+ year old uncle has tattoos, and he is one of the nicest people I have ever known in my entire life.

And tattoos only turn into incomprehensible blobs if they are not properly cared for for decades - much like skin becomes discolored and wrinkly if not cared for properly. In extreme cases, they can go after a few years. And they can always be touched up anyway.

Please quit spouting off your ignorance and hatred in this otherwise useful thread.

Yes, aging is preventable with the use of skin cream :rolleyes: Invariably, a tattoo will become a blob -- maybe you don't care, but many would.

SkinnyPupp 06-16-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokentelephone (Post 6468023)
Yes, aging is preventable with the use of skin cream :rolleyes: Invariably, a tattoo will become a blob -- maybe you don't care, but many would.

Then don't get one. And keep that opinion to yourself, away from the tattoo threads. Because nobody cares about your ignorant, useless opinion.

3xta 06-16-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6468017)
im planning to get a tattoo on my ribs, how bad is that? can u compare it to something?

i heard the ribs hurt the most

nismosx 06-16-2009 02:52 PM

i enjoy the pain but the itch is the most painful part because u know u cant stratch it or esle the $400 job turns in to $50
what i did was put lotion on and slap where it was itchy

hi-revs 06-16-2009 04:33 PM

it doesnt hurt THAT bad.
The only session i had was on my leg for 4.5 hrs, and honestly, it didnt hurt that bad.

if you want one, then regardless of what people say of the pain, you'll get one.

...I personally dont handle pain all that well, i think. But damnnn, after it was complete, i felt freaking great! hahahah, maybe its just me, but just as it finished up, it just feels like a super sonic orgasm, LOL.

Itll hurt no matter where you get it done, trust me. If u really want it, just do it. Since everyone elses tolerance to "pain" is different.

winson604 06-16-2009 08:40 PM

LOL I think the OP gets it now although it was nice for us to all reply. Here's the coles notes version for you.

It "MAY" hurt depending on the spot and person. Either way if you want it just get it and have fun.

KuSouL 06-16-2009 08:47 PM

the pain is alright
it's definately not comfortable
but the i think people say it varies on different parts of body
it just feels different i think ~ pain is about the same

it's the filling in of your tattoo (if you are filling it in) that hurts
at least that's the way it was for me

411ken 06-17-2009 10:50 AM

No Pain...No Gain...

JSALES 06-17-2009 09:52 PM

damn, it really hurts that much. i know when i get my tattoo, i want it to hurt like a bitch so that way i can feel it was done right and it won't fade as much

bcrdukes 06-17-2009 10:14 PM

I think a good way of describing the sensation while being tattoo'd (and I quote Si Ed) is take a BIC pen and drag it down your arm or wherever you want your tattoo. That's what it generally feels like.

Zyzz 06-17-2009 11:28 PM

i just got the tattoo on my shoulder today, and it definately did not hurt at all! (maybe because its the shoulder haha)

its just like a prolonged needle shot that lasted on and off for half an hour, its still covered up in bandaid or whatever. Filling in just feels a bit worse, but still nothing much. I am still deciding whether to keep this clean look or add more originally planned things to it. But it was definately a good experience, life is too short to care so much over these little things.

Now comes question of how to make sure the tattoo last as long as possible without turning into a blob?

edit: fuck... removing the bandage whatever from my arm hair hurts more

brokentelephone 06-18-2009 07:13 AM

Tattoos will always turn into blobs because eventually your skin will get saggy which is a consequence of getting old. That being said, you got the tattoo on your shoulder so sagging shouldn't be much of a problem.

Staying fit can help retain the elasticity of the skin, but genetics, exposure to sunshine, and general health issues will affect all factor in to how your skin holds up in time.

daval 06-18-2009 10:00 PM

It really depends on where you want it. I have one on my back and one above my ankle, the one above ankle no pain at all.

I am going to get one with hebrew writings on my left inner arm and one stript font words through my right ribs soon~

WHEYsted 06-19-2009 09:16 AM

Brokentelephone really lives up to his name. He never shuts up.

gnu5 07-05-2009 11:29 AM

it will hurt depending on how sensitive ur skin is...

orange7 07-19-2009 02:01 AM

shit, you're gangsta now..

j/k

threezero 08-02-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6468017)

i have both mine tatty down each side of my body . the ribs and the hip definitely hurts feels exactly like hot razor on skin.

the key is to keep breathing in regular pattern don't ever hold your breath in on the painful parts.

that being said I dunt have any other tats yet on other parts of my body so I cant really compare

StylinRed 08-02-2009 02:59 AM

my cousin doesnt flinch and even surprises the tatoo artist over how he's taking it (its like they were airbrushing him rather than using a needle)

my buddies are in dire pain, ive seen one cry

my buddies just got simple designs whereas my cousin gets these really intricate, shaded designs

bossxx 08-18-2009 08:37 AM

The most annoying part is when he is done.. feels like a pretty good sunburn.. A few weeks ago I got my first tattoo.. kinda like a chest plate that wraps around my shoulder and down to my bicep. 2 sessions and about 10 hours so far. For me I would say the most painful area was when he was doing the inner side of my chest close to my armpit. Hurt like a bitch but I loved every minute of it. 1 more session to go.