REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   got in a accident involving my car and another car, do i have to show my liscence? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578992-got-accident-involving-my-car-another-car-do-i-have-show-my-liscence.html)

c32 06-12-2009 11:48 AM

got in a accident involving my car and another car, do i have to show my liscence?

would i have to show my insurance papers and liscence? or is it ok to jus be like "write down my plate number" and take off?

silk 06-12-2009 12:19 PM

car plate, driver's license info, insurance paper info...the more info u gather the better for ya

skidmark 06-12-2009 06:43 PM

Duty of driver at accident

68 (1) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle that is, directly or indirectly, involved in an accident on a highway must do all of the following:

(a) remain at or immediately return to the scene of the accident;

(b) render all reasonable assistance;

(c) produce in writing to any other driver involved in the accident and to anyone sustaining loss or injury, and, on request, to a witness

(i) his or her name and address,

(ii) the name and address of the registered owner of the vehicle,

(iii) the licence number of the vehicle, and

(iv) particulars of the motor vehicle liability insurance card or financial responsibility card for that vehicle,

or such of that information as is requested.

(2) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle that collides with an unattended vehicle must stop and must

(a) locate and notify in writing the person in charge of or the owner of the unattended vehicle of

(i) the name and address of the driver, operator or other person in charge,

(ii) the name and address of the registered owner, and

(iii) the licence number

of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle, or

(b) leave in a conspicuous place in or on the vehicle collided with a notice in writing giving the information referred to in paragraph (a).

(3) The driver or operator or any other person in charge of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in damage to property on or adjacent to a highway, other than a vehicle under subsection (2), must take reasonable steps to locate and notify in writing the owner or person in charge of the property of the fact of the accident and of the following:

(a) the name and address of the driver, operator or other person in charge of the vehicle;

(b) the name and address of the registered owner;

(c) the licence number of the vehicle.

Marco911 06-13-2009 02:44 PM

You don't have to show it if you don't have one.

Soundy 06-13-2009 04:36 PM

^:IDL