REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Front License Plate (https://www.revscene.net/forums/579072-front-license-plate.html)

yvrnycracer 07-03-2009 01:25 PM

its the law... its a BS law... but it aint gonna change... so zap it on and then when you cross the border into Alberta snip it off and when you cross the border into Washington snip it off and slap on some 35% tint onto your front side windows... :thumbsup:

NO FRONT PLATE > petty crime and elicit drug use and possession...

But again... it is the law... so abide by it and you won't get harassed... :thumbsup:

Alpine50 07-04-2009 01:37 AM

Content removed as it did not make any sense let alone follow the thread....

alex.w *// 07-04-2009 12:38 PM

live in aberta!!!

no front plate required

Soundy 07-04-2009 01:38 PM

Damn straight. Be sure to drop by RS now and then, too, to gloat about how you get to drive around with no front plate.

Oh... enjoy paying more for your insurance, too, when it's based on your demographic rather than your own driving record. :haha:

sebberry 07-04-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6493416)
snip

I'm struggling to make sense of this post :confused:

sho_bc 07-04-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 6493969)
I'm struggling to make sense of this post :confused:

I assume that it has to do with this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6492086)
i heard you dont even need a front plate on your car, that cops cant really do anything about it.
that they do it for no reason, apparently this chick told me that her friends dads a cop and said that you dont have to the only reason is if you get into an accident your license is visible from front or back

this true??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6493416)
snip

and meant to say something along the lines of "wow, that girl at work got me yelled at online!"

Alpine50 07-05-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6493984)
I assume that it has to do with this

and meant to say something along the lines of "wow, that girl at work got me yelled at online!"

yea pretty much:thumbsup:lol thanks

Edit: talked to the girl again at work and told her, she said i was wrong about you having to have a front plate.
she said "its curtisy to have one, but you dont have too"
she also said i could dispute it and win

HavoK041 07-06-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6494574)

Edit: talked to the girl again at work and told her, she said i was wrong about you having to have a front plate.

lol. She sound smart like dumptruck.

jlenko 07-06-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6492086)
i heard you dont even need a front plate on your car, that cops cant really do anything about it.

Yeah, they can only enforce the law (which says you have to have a front and a rear plate...) and then give you a ticket for $109 for not having a front plate...

Yeah.. can't really do anything about it at all...:haha:

Solo_D33A 07-06-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6496137)
Yeah, they can only enforce the law (which says you have to have a front and a rear plate...) and then give you a ticket for $109 for not having a front plate...

Yeah.. can't really do anything about it at all...:haha:

well, I've got rear ended once slightly, my bumper's ruined due to the 2 screws that held the front plate of the other car.... so yeah, there's another thing, it hurts!:haha:

Oh, seems like Saskatchewan doesn't require front plates too lately... last time I'm driving through to Vancouver, winter earlier this year... 90% of vehicles in Sask took it off...

CRS 07-06-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6494574)

Punch her in her face and ask her to look this up:

Attachment of number plates
3.011 Number plates issued for a vehicle under the Commercial Transport Act or Motor Vehicle Act must be attached

(a) one plate to the front and one plate to the rear of the vehicle, if 2 number plates are issued for a vehicle, and

(b) to the rear of the vehicle, if a single number plate is issued for a vehicle.

[en. B.C. Reg. 279/2006.]

jlenko 07-06-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A (Post 6496173)
seems like Saskatchewan doesn't require front plates too lately...

That's nothing new...

There are only four Canadian provinces that require two plates... those are BC, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick. All the rest are OK with just the rear plate.

wing_woo 07-06-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A (Post 6496173)
well, I've got rear ended once slightly, my bumper's ruined due to the 2 screws that held the front plate of the other car.... so yeah, there's another thing, it hurts!:haha:

Well, my friend's parked car was "hit n ran" on. They nailed the guy who did the hit n run cause the read the guy's front plates off my friend's rear bumper, so I think it's a good thing to have the front bumper. If you got rear ended, then who cares if their screws damage your rear bumper, it's the other person's fault and you wouldn't pay anything anyways.

Graeme S 07-06-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6496183)
That's nothing new...

There are only four Canadian provinces that require two plates... those are BC, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick. All the rest are OK with just the rear plate.

I thought I remembered it being illegal to back in to a parking spot in Quebec because then you'd be hiding your licence plate.

Am I wrong?