REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #51
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
The entrance is 200th (well, 201st), whereas the exits are both 200th and 176th. It just depends if you want to go East or West, though in all actuality, you can take either exit for both directions.

I believe there's one more entrance as well, but I'm not sure what street it is. 198th, maybe?
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #52
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
hm... planing to drive on it to get to langely next week... now how do i get onto the bridge??
google map failed me this time haha
no update FTL
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #53
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
you trying to get on from the pittmeadows/maple ridge side?

the enterance is off lougheed hwy near the cinplex odeon/superstore strip mall. you cant miss it, its a huge on ramp!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #54
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
The entrance is 200th (well, 201st), whereas the exits are both 200th and 176th. It just depends if you want to go East or West, though in all actuality, you can take either exit for both directions.

I believe there's one more entrance as well, but I'm not sure what street it is. 198th, maybe?
no, 198th is the exit.

another entrance is at the end of 96th Ave between 184 and 186 St.
ecsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I took it home today, and it's a sweet bridge. Very impressed. I live in Pitt Meadows, and work in Coquitlam, so this was purely for shits and giggles. Until I saw how fast I got home. I work close to Ikea, and I made it home in 22min. I got on 'Golden Ears Way' at 176st and didn't speed... that much. Fuck sitting in Mary Hill bypass traffic and Pitt bridge construction. It's nice to know I have another option.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #56
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
once the new pitt meadows bridge is finished, it should help a little as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
I took it home today, and it's a sweet bridge. Very impressed. I live in Pitt Meadows, and work in Coquitlam, so this was purely for shits and giggles. Until I saw how fast I got home. I work close to Ikea, and I made it home in 22min. I got on 'Golden Ears Way' at 176st and didn't speed... that much. Fuck sitting in Mary Hill bypass traffic and Pitt bridge construction. It's nice to know I have another option.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #57

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Oh for sure. Traffic has been better lately, but I suspect some of that has to do with school wrapping up for the summer. The real test will come in Sept.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #58
Tech Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
hopefully...i waiting for the construction to clear up by the MH bypass and lougheed
Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #59
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatune View Post
So how do you pay if you are just driving through for the first time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
its free for the first month
They snap your license plate and mail you the bill, obviously to the mailing address of that plate's RO.

There is absolutely NO reason for every LM resident NOT to register their plate for this - it saves you 60c per crossing, and it costs nothing to register. Even if you don't PLAN on ever taking it, there may come a time when you NEED to, so why not be prepared for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
For me its not even a money issue. Its a time issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
exactly! somebody's thinking here ^

people that are saying this bridge isnt worth it, how much do you make at your job? lets say you're making salary at a measily $40,000 a year. that's roughly $20/hr. how much time could you save from using this bridge? you'd have to wake up maybe an hour, hour and a half earlier than you'd have to if you had the golden ears bridge. with this bridge, if you're saving 1 hour, you're earning $11 from taking it, since the cost of the bridge $8 is offset by your time saved $20/hr.

actually you save more than $20 in time/wages since i only counted waking up and going to work in my example
As I noted further up in the thread, my wife commutes Pitt Meadows - Downtown Langley for work, a route that Google Maps shows as 37km. Her trip on that route is 45 minutes to an hour in the morning (affected mostly by the Mary Hill and Cape Horn backups), and usually an hour or more coming home.

She's found it takes her only 10 minutes to get from work to the south end of the bridge; it should be no more than another 10 to get home from there. So she's reducing her commute time to ONE THIRD. EVERY day. The new route, approximated on Google Maps, should run 15-16km, so she's also cutting the distance to nearly 1/3 as well... and it's not just gas, but all the other wear-and-tear on the vehicle.

And of course, there's just the reduced stress of sitting in all that f'n Port Mann and Mary Hill traffic every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
For me it's a time issue, for sure. Not that I'm taking the new bridge (I live in Burnaby, work in Surrey)... but it should help alleviate some of the traffic I have to sit in when I travel over the Port Mann, or if I have to drive to Port Coquitlam, help clear up some of the traffic headed to the Pitt River bridge.

But.. it's good to know that there's finally another option for me, should I need to travel that way. Traffic with the Pitt River bridge under construction has been horrendous!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
I'm really looking forward to that one too, since I'm all over the LM for work. I've seen a few "opponents" of the new bridge dissing it now, saying look, there's not that much traffic using the new bridge, and the Port Mann is just as bad as ever... yeah, because a lot of the traffic it's going to divert is also waiting for the Pitt River bridge to be done, otherwise they're just trading one traffic mess for another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #60

bridge definately will help alot of people.. Officially walked the bridge on sunday.. but i've been on the bridge deck a million times before it was open to the public. I worked on all the steel rail design and fabrication on this bridge. 1.5 years to finish this project... but definatly something i'm proud of.. to be able to see my work.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
bridge definately will help alot of people.. Officially walked the bridge on sunday.. but i've been on the bridge deck a million times before it was open to the public. I worked on all the steel rail design and fabrication on this bridge. 1.5 years to finish this project... but definatly something i'm proud of.. to be able to see my work.
next project - PortMann?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
Now I'm scared...
Quote:
Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #63
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

this bridge is scary looking.....i was at the bottle depot throwin away tvs, and i saw this bridge outta nowhere i had no idea wtf it was, never herd anythin about it. it was all empty, freaked me out and its massive!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #64
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

so how do i get there?
can someone draw me a map...
better yet, a good cruising map =D

i am going from east vancouver. haha
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #65

Head out Hwy. 1, once you get into Surrey, look for the signs - they'll say something like "Golden Ears Bridge - Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows"

Pretty easy from there. Exit at 200st., go northbound, follow it past Colossus and the road kinda carves to the right, turns into 201, and takes you straight on the bridge.

Or going out through Tri-Cities, take Lougheed across the Pitt Bridge, follow it on out until you see the shopping complex with the Cineplex and Superstore... the onramp is right there.

Well, coming back from Whistler today, we decided to take our first drive over the bridge... went over the freeway, it was backed up to shit, so we exited at 160th and took the back roads to get onto Golden Ears Way at 96th Ave. We checked the clock just as we were going onto the bridge, and again when we got home... a shade under 10 minutes. And that was going the SLOW way - took the Airport Rd. exit, nearly got creamed by some asshole who came flying into the roundabout when he should have yielded... then got stuck behind him as he crawled across the overpass and through the next roundabout... finally got to Harris and Hammond, and proceeded to catch every single red light going up Harris (fortunately, we missed a train by about 30 seconds).

So, given that it takes the wife about 10 minutes or less to get from work to 200th & 96th... her commute should EASILY be down to <20 minutes from over an hour.
Quote:
Old 06-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

I finally cross the bridge today after work (My office is next to the bridge).

I think I finally understand what you are saying. There's an extra entrance at 192 st. So total of 4 entrance from Surrey/Langley.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #67
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
drove on it today, its pretty impressive but seems so short too... guess we were all going a little too fast

when i came back tho i used the pitt river bridge.... and it was backed up even at 7pm took me 30mins to finally get across -_- guess more ppl are using the golden ears bridge to head home
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsw View Post
I finally cross the bridge today after work (My office is next to the bridge).

I think I finally understand what you are saying. There's an extra entrance at 192 st. So total of 4 entrance from Surrey/Langley.
As part of the Gateway Project / South Fraser Perimeter Road, Golden Ears Way now connects to 96th Ave. at 176 St. You can exit at 176 southbound, go left at 96th, and that will put you right onto Golden Ears Way and straight onto the bridge. After you go under the freeway, there's a little connector to Barnston Drive and the other part of 96th Ave.
Quote:
Old 06-20-2009, 07:36 AM   #69
I subscribe to Revscene

what if you were to use hairspray on your licence plate.. i head that on manswers that it can fool some cameras
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #70

Mythbusters >>> Manswers.

(Edit: Kari >>> Manswers bimbos)
Quote:
Old 06-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #71

at 96th Ave,and 176st

when i take 176st exit from the highway
there is a intersection 176st and 96th ave
can i turn left on 96th ave from 176st?

saw in the goldenearsbridge website
like there is no access from going to the bridge? i'm not sure
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #72
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,400 Times in 5,672 Posts
drove it yesterday, very nice bridge and the round abouts on the pitt meadows side are setup nicely

the eagles on the end pillars are cool too
Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by danned View Post
at 96th Ave,and 176st

when i take 176st exit from the highway
there is a intersection 176st and 96th ave
can i turn left on 96th ave from 176st?
On the south side of the highway, yes - 96 then becomes Golden Ears Way and takes you straight to the bridge.

On the north side, take the connector to the rest of 96 Ave eastbound., aka Barnston Drive, and immediately after the overpass over Golden Ears Way, there's a left turn to the 96 Ave. Connector, that will link you to GEW.

From the freeway eastbound, you can also exit at 192nd st., which forces you to turn left on 192, and that will also take you to GEW.

Quote:
saw in the goldenearsbridge website
like there is no access from going to the bridge? i'm not sure
Um, wat?
Quote:
Old 06-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #74

thx soundy, i think i get it....
coz i want to drive from 96ave to feel the highway
::::::::
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsw View Post
next project - PortMann?
YOU GOT IT, JUST FINISHED SEA TO SKY, WORKING ON PORT MANN ALREADY, PITT RIVER, SOUTH FRASER EXPANSION, COAST MERIDIAN.. WE BASICALLY DO ABOUT 95% OF THE BIG GOVERMENT JOBS
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote