REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   ICBC - pleasure, part pleasure and to and from work w/ pleasure (https://www.revscene.net/forums/580221-icbc-pleasure-part-pleasure-work-w-pleasure.html)

Kei 06-23-2009 07:33 AM

ICBC - pleasure, part pleasure and to and from work w/ pleasure

can any one tell me the different in price?

im thinking of going pleasure form to and from work with pleasure, as i drive my parents car to work.

lets say at base price no discount. and base is like 3000?

is there a % lower.. or would i have to go there and find out... thanks..

whitescirocco 06-23-2009 08:29 AM

You best bet is to call up a Insurance comany to give you a price!!

The only thing is if you change your vehicle over to pleasure use only you can only drive it to work a few times out of the calander year. If you get caught in a accident while going to work you run the risk of not having insurance......

Edison_Chen 06-23-2009 08:33 AM

Are you planning to go from Pleasure use only to To/From work? Pleasure gives you 6 times a month for to/from work, business use, deliver use, and etc....

The to/from work + pleasure has 2 categories: work within 15km's, or work more than 15km's.

The rate depends on the discount and the type of car, and if there are drivers with less than 10 years experience. The price range can be from 150ish - 300ish.

Meowjin 06-23-2009 11:39 AM

you were shopping if you were ever in an accident.

sas 06-23-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

you were shopping if you were ever in an accident.
LOL

Brianrietta 06-23-2009 05:09 PM

Tricky wording - even though it says pleasure, turns out getting in an accident as a result of road head is not covered.

Kei 06-23-2009 08:12 PM

road head?

!SG 06-24-2009 06:27 PM

for pleasure use and to work under 15km

for pleasure use and to work greater than 15km

price difference per year.... $1

haha

Edison_Chen 06-24-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6480789)
for pleasure use and to work under 15km

for pleasure use and to work greater than 15km

price difference per year.... $1

haha

Was that with your particular vehicle? I noticed that now these prices for under and over 15 km's. Its more than $1 hehe.....

!SG 06-24-2009 10:50 PM

this is with my GS

according to last years insurance...

my insurance is actually coming up next month. (bought the GS as a bday gift to myself)

johny 06-24-2009 11:28 PM

mine from over 15km to under 15km was also $1-2 diff .... I imagine going from pleasure to work is more then $1. probably couple hundred.

" i drive my parents car to work" this is probably a bigger problem then the pleasure part.... if you drive it more then them, you will get introuble.

nipples 08-06-2009 01:44 AM

yup. icbc will fuck you over if you get caught! i did. and they did a whole investigation.

i'm stuck paying 3700 a year for insurance - drive to work on a goddamn honda fit!!!

Mugen EvOlutioN 08-10-2009 08:13 AM

^

and how the fuck can they find out

how would they know EXACTLY how many times u drove to work, walk to work, bike to work, fly to work

they aint got shit on you, not like they are video taping you the whole time

if u got into an accident, maybe it was ur FIRST time of the month, maybe it was emergency. maybe u had to take a shit and u couldnt hold that, your diahhrea was coming out, and you were in VTEC and boom dropped into the wrong gear and rear ended someone because we know how massive that shit is.

Gumby 08-10-2009 09:52 AM

ICBC will avoid paying if possible! So of course they'll try and find out if you were driving contrary to what it says on your insurance papers...

6793026 08-10-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6540524)
^

and how the fuck can they find out

how would they know EXACTLY how many times u drove to work, walk to work, bike to work, fly to work

they aint got shit on you, not like they are video taping you the whole time

if u got into an accident, maybe it was ur FIRST time of the month, maybe it was emergency. maybe u had to take a shit and u couldnt hold that, your diahhrea was coming out, and you were in VTEC and boom dropped into the wrong gear and rear ended someone because we know how massive that shit is.

i'm not sure, but if they came to your work, asked you boss and if he/she drives a honda/toyota to work everyday, would your boss lie for you?

ICBC can just simply ask what your mode of transportation to and from work is. They will most likely request a confirmation from your work to see if this is true and i would highly unlikely think you work would say: "sorry, but this is personal confidential information and I cant' tell you what my employee drives to work each day".
It might be a confidential issue, but once ICBC slaps some legal papers stating they are trying to find out if fraud has been committed and wanted cooperation from your manager, you really think your employer would not answer honestly?

just my 2 cent.

Mugen EvOlutioN 08-11-2009 03:53 PM

^

ya i guess u are right

at the end of the day?

ICBC is still fucking gay

Americans pay wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less car insurance than we do

and i mean WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less

hk20000 08-11-2009 04:26 PM

I think US makes you pay a lump sum to the DMV and it ends up the same sorta actually.

underscore 08-14-2009 10:04 PM

americans also get screwed over a lot more by loopholes in coverage

nipples 08-21-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6547757)
americans also get screwed over a lot more by loopholes in coverage

That's very true. It's also more expensive to insure a car in toronto too.

Wrt the icbc investigation thing, yeah if you say you bus to work each day they ask you about the time and schedule and transit passes. If you say carpool, they'll contact them with you there to check.

The way they found out was cause it was my first car, fisrt accident. They asked who's car it was - which I misunderstood as who bought the car - so I said me. But the car insurance is under my dads name. Then they checked n found out all the cars are under his name. A friend of mine had the same thing n icbc made them cover the accident for almost 17k.

My dad bitched at her when she asked ''which car will you drive next?" He told her she's retarded. The question makes as much sense as asking "which pair of shoes or pants will u wear tomorrow?"
And she backed off. But I changed it to my name just incase.