REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   tuning 90 integ boosted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/580975-tuning-90-integ-boosted.html)

korypoirier 06-29-2009 09:38 PM

tuning 90 integ boosted

ok i have a 90 integra, i just put a simple greddy kit set for 5psi, whats the easiest and cheapest way locally to get it tuned, some plp told me chrome or something like that, im lost when it comes to this part, i heard i get my ecu chipped and run the software? any help is much appreciated, thxx in advance

FeistyBearH22a 06-29-2009 09:53 PM

Hi there. You would have you to get your ECU chipped so that the tunes can be "burned" on to the chips. You can use different piggyback systems Crome, Hondata, eCtune and neptune. As far as easiest and cheapest I would elect to go with Crome.

They're all good systems. Crome is freeware. eCtune offers the most functionality. Hondata is an overpriced but refined version of Crome. Neptune is kind of the middle groupd between eCtune and Hondata.

FeistyBearH22a 06-29-2009 09:54 PM

Oh and contact Evolution if you need to have your ecu chipped.

korypoirier 06-30-2009 07:48 AM

thxx alot man

brine04 06-30-2009 04:34 PM

To add to what Fiestybear said your car is a 90 so with your stock ecu the only options you have for software are turboedit or BRE. To run the better software that was mentioned above you need to convert your car to OBD-1. All you need for this is a the proper OBD-1 ecu (in your case a P06 will work well), the adaptor harness from your wiring harness to the new ecu, and an obd-1 or obd-2 distributor.

ptothej 07-16-2009 05:26 PM

Running simliar as I am, Im GSR, OBD0, 10psi, all stock no head studs even, we have been using BRE, but its not been the most efficient way to run for ME, the ostridge (however you spell it) would not work for my car to data log, so its been an all summer thing once a month when I could get my friend to put some tune time in on my car, and its far from good. For whatever reason when entering DSM 450cc injectors into the program e could not lean it out worth shit, so we ended up guessing a base map to start with by punching in the stock injector size.. and so far has worked that way.. very unefficient for us.. I came into some bucks and am in the process of gathering pieces for hondata and an OBD1 swap.. prob the best way to go if you can afford it.. if not BRE as shitty as it was for me, inconsistant at Ashcroft was a 13.950@99mph, mostly a 14.5@95mph.. my experience being a newbie turbo dude