REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Question on points for ticket (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581106-question-points-ticket.html)

Energy 06-30-2009 09:18 PM

Question on points for ticket

So I got pulled over today for having 50% front tints. Cops were all over the place watching traffic and I was pulled over because my car looked "modified".

So he goes and tried to read his debit card through the window and was not even sure if there was any tint on because it was so light but he feels and sees the edge where the tinted part meets the untinted part and bam ticket.

I knew this was coming so I don't make any excuses for it but when I asked him if I get any points for this he said he wasn't sure. He ticketed me under section 7.05(8) of the MVA which is a $109 fine less $25 if paid within 30 days.

I feel that he was being lenient too because he didn't ticket me for exhaust even if he noticed it and I appreciate that... he said that apparently he did not have the tools to measure the loudness of it so I was not getting ticketed for that and that's a good thing.

sho_bc 06-30-2009 11:18 PM

Whats the question?

I don't know a thing about how many points are associated to the tickets I give out. Thats an ICBC thing that I don't bother myself with, given everything else I need to know about to perform my job.

Energy 06-30-2009 11:20 PM

Oops, should have made myself clearer... do I get any points for that ticket that will affect my N? I don't think so but you never know.

sho_bc 06-30-2009 11:23 PM

Take a peak: http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/tickets/dpp

illicitstylz 06-30-2009 11:56 PM

lol where in richmond was this?

yvrnycracer 07-01-2009 12:36 AM

ZERO points for any tickets pertaining to regs... (tint, exhaust noise, etc etc)

Speeding and things like that will give you points...

A tint ticket will not affect your N status...

Energy 07-01-2009 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 6489375)
lol where in richmond was this?

Just after the no2 rd bridge and before bcit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvrnycracer (Post 6489443)
ZERO points for any tickets pertaining to regs... (tint, exhaust noise, etc etc)

Speeding and things like that will give you points...

A tint ticket will not affect your N status...

That's what I thought. Thanks for all the answers. I'll just have to man up and pay the ticket.

Energy 07-01-2009 02:49 PM

One last thing...will this show up in another cops computer if I get pulled over again?

sho_bc 07-02-2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yvrnycracer (Post 6489443)

incorrect. 2 exceptions:
1) MVAR Section 7A.01 Unnecessary noise
2) Section 47.02 Fail to slow down or move over near stopped official vehicle

Both of those come hand-in-hand with 3 points, each, according to here (near the bottom).

wing_woo 07-02-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickg (Post 6489600)
Just after the no2 rd bridge and before bcit.

Which is why I avoid No 2 Rd Bridge like the plague now. I got busted for front window tint there as well during a roadblock where they were just pulling over modified cars. Only problem was that I didn't have front window tint. Anyways, in the end, everything turned out ok, but was just a waste of time.

Energy 07-04-2009 01:40 PM

Yeah, that area always has cops looking to catch people with modded cars. I've never gotten pulled over after having front tints for a year because I figured that if I don't drive like a maniac or annoy other people then I would be fine... oh well.

CRS 07-05-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickg (Post 6493836)
Yeah, that area always has cops looking to catch people with modded cars. I've never gotten pulled over after having front tints for a year because I figured that if I don't drive like a maniac or annoy other people then I would be fine... oh well.

Perhaps if you didn't have illegal modifications, you wouldn't need to worry about getting pulled over and ticketed.

Just a thought.

;)

wing_woo 07-05-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6494565)
Perhaps if you didn't have illegal modifications, you wouldn't need to worry about getting pulled over and ticketed.

Just a thought.

;)

Yeah, but I didn't have any illegal modifications and I still got a ticket because the officer didn't know better.

xpl0sive 07-06-2009 08:16 AM

any tickets against the vehicle don't carry points... tickets like tint, no frant plate and so on are just money-making tickets for the goverment... if you wanna be cool without a front plate, you pay for it... pretty simple

skidmark 07-06-2009 11:13 AM

If you are ticketed under 219(1) MVA for equipment violations there are no points but it still shows up on your driving record.