REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Blood Test Question. Please help! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/582129-blood-test-question-please-help.html)

[o_o] 07-10-2009 01:56 AM

Blood Test Question. Please help!

Hi fewllow RSers,

I know this should belong in the health section.. This is pretty urgent and VOT gets a lot more traffic. Hope thats alright for you Mods!

Anyways, I just got off work and when I got home, my dad told me that the family will be doing a blood test tomorrow afternoon. My grandpa has some kind of liver disease and my parents just want to make sure that we don't have it aswell. Heres the problem.. I've been smoking weed for the past 2-3 years and I don't wanna get busted. I know there are drinks that cleanses your body but I don't have the time to get it and I really don't want to go through all that unless I really have to. What will happen if I get my blood tested for the liver disease without taking the detox drink? Will the doctor rat me out or will it say it on a sheet or something? I haven't got my blood tested in years so I don't remember anything.

Thx in advance.

ziggyx 07-10-2009 02:05 AM

I'm not 100% sure but to find out if there is weed in your system is if they actually test for it. In this case they are testing to see if you have any liver disease. So my guess is no it won't show up.

However if it does, I think as a doctor and you being a client, he is not allowed to release that information because it's strictly confidential?? unless you are under 18 or something, then he'll probably have to let your parents know?? haha

Again I'm not sure but good luck in whatever happens.

impactX 07-10-2009 02:21 AM

1) Look up physician-patient privilege.
2) What's the disease? Hep A, B, C, etc? Your blood will most likely be tested for those and probably a liver function test as well. You aren't going in for a job interview screening test.
3) Stop smoking weed can't be bad for you.

orange7 07-10-2009 02:36 AM

hm.. i don't think the doctors are allowed to let anyone else but you see the result. Unless you're under 19.

Gnomes 07-10-2009 06:07 AM

I can tell you with absolute full certainty - the lab will not test for weed (THC) unless the test is ordered. The drug test for weed is normally done on the urine. Look at the doctor's requisition and write down every test that is written. I suspect the doctor might order a urinalysis but not for urine drugs.

If you are still worried, you can always bring a cup of your friend's urine and use that urine for the urinalysis. Nobody will go inside the washroom with you.

tool001 07-10-2009 08:21 AM

also depends on when u smoked up last, if its longer than 2 weeks, u wont have to worry about it.
and as mentioned, u have to test for a perticular thing. if they are looking for weed, then they will find it, if not,, chances are pretty low.

Arislo 07-10-2009 09:59 AM

U don't need to stress about it. Its just between u and the docs.

tegz 07-11-2009 02:15 PM

dude u can sue them if they tell your family.

IMASA 07-11-2009 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=Gnomes;6502332]I can tell you with absolute full certainty - the lab will not test for weed (THC) unless the test is ordered. The drug test for weed is normally done on the urine. Look at the doctor's requisition and write down every test that is written. I suspect the doctor might order a urinalysis but not for urine drugs.
[\QUOTE]

As someone who works in a lab, I concur 100%.

wasabisashimi 07-23-2009 01:43 PM

they dont test u for weed or drugs. You are not riding in Tour de france. Smoke away. No worries. Most likely you will be screened for hepatitis, which involves antibody screening and liver enzyme level. No relation with ciga weed smoking. Unless you are a pro athlete and you are asked to pee in a cup

BNR32_Coupe 07-23-2009 02:18 PM

theyre not going to test you for things that they're not paid to be tested for. in other words, if you bring your car in and ask them to check out the brakes, they're not going to go to your home and see whats wrong with your lawn mower.