REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Fitness World - Good, Bad, Ugly (https://www.revscene.net/forums/583255-fitness-world-good-bad-ugly.html)

_kiko_ 07-20-2009 07:58 PM

Fitness World - Good, Bad, Ugly

Gh0stRider 07-20-2009 08:03 PM

Which location do you plan on attending?

abinga 07-20-2009 09:16 PM

be prepared to go for a 30 minute training session with a weight room attendant on their circuit. This is to get you excited about working out at the gym. Then they will take your measurements and a body composition. This is done to use your body against you in a sales session. Then prepare to spend up to an hour with the sales person in which sometimes they will use scare tactics to get you on board asap. If you go to the kingsway location then try to avoid ralph or tony. They have been selling memberships since before I was born and are really mind warped with trying to sell you everything. Oh and they really want you to sign up because they make $80-$104 per contract signed.

_kiko_ 07-20-2009 10:36 PM

Gh0stRider 07-20-2009 11:10 PM

and that location is hella busy at night.

Inaii 07-20-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharkBite (Post 6515952)
be prepared to go for a 30 minute training session with a weight room attendant on their circuit. This is to get you excited about working out at the gym. Then they will take your measurements and a body composition. This is done to use your body against you in a sales session. Then prepare to spend up to an hour with the sales person in which sometimes they will use scare tactics to get you on board asap. If you go to the kingsway location then try to avoid ralph or tony. They have been selling memberships since before I was born and are really mind warped with trying to sell you everything. Oh and they really want you to sign up because they make $80-$104 per contract signed.

I unfortunately got Tony. Worst decision of my life. Avoid at all costs imo.

abinga 07-21-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6516137)
I unfortunately got Tony. Worst decision of my life. Avoid at all costs imo.

yikes! I worked there for a few months before starting my own business and I quit because I couldn't stand him lol.

_kiko_ 07-24-2009 12:21 PM

azndvdiz 07-25-2009 06:00 PM

Fit Xpress on 1st avenue :D !

But for me i'm a member of fitness world myself and if your truly dedicated to working out than you wouldn't mind signing the contract! if your just a casual than just hit the drop ins imo to save money.

nns 07-30-2009 05:48 AM

Is there anybody to avoid @ the Richmond location? Which trainer/instructor do you talk to if you want some decent advice? They can't be all crooked.

racerman88 08-02-2009 12:29 PM

never had a problem at Fitness world. I have gone to the Burnaby one, Richmond and downtown on Davie. Not as busy if you go early in the morning before work.

Fobman 08-02-2009 03:14 PM

burnaby parking sucks

Gh0stRider 08-03-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fobman (Post 6531422)
burnaby parking sucks

indeed it sucks. Just park across the street, on the side street by pho hoa.

i can't believe people actually wait in line to get a parking spot. Such a waste of time.

too_slow 08-04-2009 12:07 PM

I got my membership at the West Georgia (Downtown) location, and I had a Kiwi (new zealand) as my trainer (I can never remember his name).. He was very awesome and helpful.. I go there on my lunch break all the time when I worked at Bentall 4..

Fobman 08-04-2009 12:47 PM

gym needs a/c

the_rickster 08-09-2009 11:36 AM

i went once because i mentioned to a salesperson whom i was selling something to that i might be interested in joining. anyways, the NEXT day they started calling and pretty much didnt stop until i showed up for the sales presentation.

i sat in the office for almost 2 hours, had two different salespeople give me their pitch, then the sales manager came in to try to close me. i ended up making up some super bullshit excuse about not wanting to do a month to month contract and i would prefer to pre pay for the entire term, but my credit card was stolen the night before (or something along those lines) which got me the hell out of there, but they called every day after that for about two weeks until i finally told them i'd call the police if they called again.

DC5-S 08-09-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_rickster (Post 6539510)
i went once because i mentioned to a salesperson whom i was selling something to that i might be interested in joining. anyways, the NEXT day they started calling and pretty much didnt stop until i showed up for the sales presentation.

i sat in the office for almost 2 hours, had two different salespeople give me their pitch, then the sales manager came in to try to close me. i ended up making up some super bullshit excuse about not wanting to do a month to month contract and i would prefer to pre pay for the entire term, but my credit card was stolen the night before (or something along those lines) which got me the hell out of there, but they called every day after that for about two weeks until i finally told them i'd call the police if they called again.

same shit happened to me but with world gym lol.. the guy kept calling and calling every day, 2x a day.. leaving messages everyday.. i finally called him and told him i signed up to fitness world lol

supercivic 08-27-2009 04:31 PM

been a member for 6 years now i only pay 18 a month which is great if your serious about fitness 4 life u cant beat fitness world, ps. so many locations!