REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Bylaw Violation ticket question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584528-bylaw-violation-ticket-question.html)

roosh 08-02-2009 10:11 AM

Bylaw Violation ticket question

I failed to notice that I had parked in a bus stop. The beginning to the end of the bus stop was 10 meters long, plus there were other cars that were parked in there as well, (I guess they didn't notice either.) There was definitely enough room for a bus to stop and pick up passengers though, but I ended up getting a bylaw violation ticket.
My question is: since the ticket depends on your license place number and not on your driver's license and the car was not mine and is now sold and has no longer the same plate number, what is going to happen to the charge?
I mean I have the violation ticket because it was on my wind shield when I got there, but do I still have to pay?

thanks

DasHooch 08-02-2009 10:38 AM

Chances are the city will be able use ICBC records to put a name/address to the plate. Whoever owned the car at the time would probably get a bill from the city in the mail eventually.

If it had been a parking ticket in a private lot, you would probably get away with it.

CRS 08-02-2009 04:12 PM

It's gone forever.

You'll never have to worry about it again!

roosh 08-02-2009 09:22 PM

hmm two contradicting replies...anyone else can confirm?

skidmark 08-03-2009 06:54 AM

The first reply is most likely what will happen.

sho_bc 08-03-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6531467)
It's gone forever.

= sarcasm.

winson604 08-03-2009 02:33 PM

Correct they do have the ability to track the person even if you changed plates etc..

CRS 08-03-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6532159)
= sarcasm.

THANK YOU!

I was thinking no one else here would get it.

:thumbsup:

Five-Oh 08-03-2009 11:49 PM

I definitely would not ignore it. I have seen Vancouver issue warrants of arrest for outstanding bylaw tickets.

I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself, but you should see the look on people's faces when you tell them they have a warrant for their arrest for unpaid parking tickets.

sho_bc 08-04-2009 05:31 AM

I remember seeing my first one and couldn't believe it either. I'm glad I feed the meters.

zulutango 08-04-2009 07:53 AM

I had to arrest a guy for about $2500 worth of Victoria parking tickets. An unendorsed warrant...bucks or bodies is what they wanted. He spent the weekend in Courtenay jail instead of up Mt Washington.

Soundy 08-04-2009 08:12 AM

^Owned!

roosh 08-07-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five-Oh (Post 6532793)
I definitely would not ignore it. I have seen Vancouver issue warrants of arrest for outstanding bylaw tickets.

I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself, but you should see the look on people's faces when you tell them they have a warrant for their arrest for unpaid parking tickets.

maybe not so much for a $30 ticket eh....

roosh 08-07-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6531467)
It's gone forever.

laughed my ass off, you're soooo funnny!

BNR32_Coupe 08-08-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6532370)
THANK YOU!

I was thinking no one else here would get it.

The revscene community highly appreciates your sarcastic comment. Please continue providing helpful and informative posts, especially in this forum. Thanks.

CRS 08-08-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosh (Post 6537343)
laughed my ass off, you're soooo funnny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe (Post 6538284)
The revscene community highly appreciates your sarcastic comment. Please continue providing helpful and informative posts, especially in this forum. Thanks.

Glad you both enjoyed it.

chris_89T 08-08-2009 11:28 PM

Honestly, its like $30 just pay the damn thing. I would not risk A)My credit rating, after having creditors knocking on my door B) Possibly getting arrested or C)Having my vehicle towed and not having any idea what the hell happened.

I got one in front of my own house. I had parked 6" on the grass, Yes i was in the wrong doing, but when a 5 ton cube van parks across from you on the other side, i tend on the side of caution, as id rather not loose my side mirrors because of illegal suites.

The worst thing about it, i saw the guy walking to put the ticket on my car, i quickly ran out, the guy saw me, literally ran back to his car and booked it up my street. BS if you ask me, but not much i can do, the city of surrey's parking enforcement line never returned any of my 5 voice messages and did not answer any of the 13 calls i made during a 2 week period. What do my taxes pay for again?

roosh 08-12-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_89T (Post 6539142)
Honestly, its like $30 just pay the damn thing. I would not risk A)My credit rating, after having creditors knocking on my door B) Possibly getting arrested or C)Having my vehicle towed and not having any idea what the hell happened.

I got one in front of my own house. I had parked 6" on the grass, Yes i was in the wrong doing, but when a 5 ton cube van parks across from you on the other side, i tend on the side of caution, as id rather not loose my side mirrors because of illegal suites.

The worst thing about it, i saw the guy walking to put the ticket on my car, i quickly ran out, the guy saw me, literally ran back to his car and booked it up my street. BS if you ask me, but not much i can do, the city of surrey's parking enforcement line never returned any of my 5 voice messages and did not answer any of the 13 calls i made during a 2 week period. What do my taxes pay for again?

I just paid it.
I relate to your experience with the bylaw officer with another incedent, long story short, he called the cops on me and 7 cruisers showed at my house, but non got out of their cars to do anything...lol anyways. I think bylaws are just made so the city gets extra money out of you.

winson604 08-12-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosh (Post 6544094)
I just paid it.
I relate to your experience with the bylaw officer with another incedent, long story short, he called the cops on me and 7 cruisers showed at my house, but non got out of their cars to do anything...lol anyways. I think bylaws are just made so the city gets extra money out of you.

Umm no Bylaws are there for a reason. If you park in a buszone for example how else do you want the City to penalize you so you won't do it again? A fine is the easiest, would you prefer jail time instead? Anything less then a fine won't do anything. If you violated a bylaw and all the City did was say can you please not do it next time people would just continue to do it.

TypeRNammer 08-12-2009 09:21 PM

Dammit same shit happened to me, I had to run in and out, took no more than 2 minutes.

Next thing you know, in my mail box 10 days later the ticket shows up cause i parked at the bus stop.

I never got a ticket on my windshield =/