REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Opinions needed (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584592-opinions-needed.html)

xpandabl3 08-02-2009 10:12 PM

Opinions needed

Hello, It may be a long read so please stay with me. I'm just looking for some opinions as what I should do next time if the same happens again.

Just today I was driviing on Denmen in Downtown and there was this woman just decided to park her car on the no parking/stopping turn right only lane to Robson. This caused me and other 3 cars have to turn right from the left lane. However just when it's my turn to turn right in front of her, she decided to push her car forward to get as close as possible to my passenger door giving me pressure. I was at least 80% on her lane already so it's impossible for her to even make it thru except letting me go first. So I obviously go thru first then she decided to road rage against me maybe because she thinks I cut her off. She then proceeded to try to rear end my car as slow as possible by speeding up and brake hard behind me. Eventually she did hit me but it was a slight bump with no damage/mark to the bumper. I tried to copy down the license plate number after she speeded past me but I was blocked by a car turning right so I couldn't. Can an officer chip in and advice what I should do next time? I thought about getting out of the car but there was a long train of car behind me and there were 3 people in their car. Thanks!

SomeAsianGuy 08-04-2009 07:56 PM

Wow thats sucks. I hate it when ppl are like that. I get honked at in the middle of taffic and its not even my fault its just packed. So lame. But my opinion would be to see if any one else say it and caught the plate. other than that iunno.

zulutango 08-05-2009 10:28 AM

Technically you were both wrong...she for stopping where she did, she for an unsafe start....you for an unsafe pass, an illegal/unsafe right turn. You don't indicate how long she was stoped. I would allow a few seconds then hit the horn lighly a few times and then flash high beams and more horn. If she does decide to move and you are passing her when she does, then you end up like you did. Sometimes for safety's sake it's better to just suck it up and wait the short time till they move.

xpandabl3 08-05-2009 01:06 PM

^^Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely keep that in mind next time.

!Yaminashi 08-05-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 6534578)
Technically you were both wrong...she for stopping where she did, she for an unsafe start....you for an unsafe pass, an illegal/unsafe right turn. You don't indicate how long she was stoped. I would allow a few seconds then hit the horn lighly a few times and then flash high beams and more horn. If she does decide to move and you are passing her when she does, then you end up like you did. Sometimes for safety's sake it's better to just suck it up and wait the short time till they move.

But if she was blocking the right turn lane, how would you suggest he turn right where he needs to?

zulutango 08-05-2009 01:45 PM

My suggestion is in your own posting.

xpandabl3 08-05-2009 07:55 PM

I also have another concern as she chased after me like I'm a hotcake on Robson driving recklessly behind me trying to hit my rear bumper. I also have nowhere to go because the side parking were packed and the traffic was moving very slowly. Basically she stops for a very long distance behind me then speeds up and brake hard trying to bump her license plate into my rear bumper. She did this about 3-4 times before I could get a chance to turn to another street but she only hit me once. I'm just wondering what exactly do I do in this case? Getting out of the car to see whats up against 3 people included her at 9-10pm didn't really seem like a good choice when my bumper only received a tiny mark damage. Or should I call 911 prior to getting out of the car because I feel unsafe confronting them all by myself? It's not like I'm a pussy or anything It's just this isn't really much of a big deal and it can resolved with simple apology or understanding. Also getting ICBC involved in this over a very small ding/dot is pointless but I'm just wanting to hear an officer's perspective in this case. Thanks!

underscore 08-06-2009 07:54 AM

call 911, let her hit you, when she does get out and get her plate, if she takes off wait for the officer to arrive and call in a hit and run?

zulutango 08-06-2009 08:42 AM

From what you described here, that was dangerous driving, a Criminal Code offence. Pull over and stop in a safe area immediately....get her plate # and call 911.

xpandabl3 08-06-2009 08:08 PM

Alright thanks alot for the info and your time! Definitely will keep this in mind next time but hopefully there won't be a next time lol.