REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   How to play it? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584784-how-play.html)

Hondaracer 08-04-2009 06:09 PM

How to play it?

k so i met a chick i somewhat knew before on a Vacation shes younger than me - 20 while i'm 23

we hung out with our groups of friends and eventually it came to the point where i didnt want to be too forward but a sister of my friend kinda gave me the inside info and said that she was into me and would always bring me up in discussions about our "group" etc.

so we both kinda hit it off more as the trip went on, and before she left i never really had a private moment with her to ask her to see her back home, so i bust out my phone and just typed on the note pad "Coffee back home sometime?"

she replied Sure and made a little remark about my phone and left her number on the note, so the rest of the time were kinda just smiling at eachother etc. until she left

so now that were back home i've txt her a few times just seeing how things are, and having a little convo back and forth but just little banter mostly

i'm planning on going for coffee on like thur/friday to show her some pics from the trip etc. but im worried about coming off too "friend" like, she seemed like she was really into me and i'd love to make it go forward from here, but how do i go about coming off showing or "prodding" perhaps on taking it to another level rather than a friendship? or at least try to see her intentions as well?

also im talking about like long term thing not just a fuck etc.

hal0g0dv2 08-04-2009 07:30 PM

maybe tell her how u feel, because once you become friends, game over

Hondaracer 08-04-2009 08:25 PM

could be wise, as i've been in similar positions before i think and just let things drag out till it was over..

urrh 08-04-2009 09:31 PM

i wouldn't go that route... even on rs when someone does that, they quickly get shot down or they have to jump through hoops for god knows whatever reason.
i say bust her chops and say things like "this relationship would never work" anytime she says something stupid or is clumsy.
or b/c you already know she's into you, just ask her out

!Yaminashi 08-05-2009 11:50 AM

While showing her the pics maybe say something like
"Yeah it would've been even better if you were there"?
I think thats subtle enough that its not all up in her face, but forward enough she'll get the hint

I dunno.. just shooting in the dark

Hondaracer 08-05-2009 12:05 PM

^ good idea! Then just gauge how she responds

jeffh 08-05-2009 12:20 PM

bah, take her out have fun, give her a hard time, but jokingly
they want it as much or more than us never forget that, if shes into you youll be able to pic it up pretty quik, the best way to stay out of the friendzone is to do something a friend never does,
remember its a date, dates end with a kiss good night. if she gets put off by you kissing her, then she wasnt into you
be a man and get er done

edit
as for conversation, just be yourself, i know you here that shit all the time but god is it true, i have to make an effort to remind myself when im with a broad, for me at least theres temptation to try and see what she likes and play that up. they see that

!Yaminashi 08-05-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 6534688)
^ good idea! Then just gauge how she responds

Definitely, but dont base everything on how she responds, maybe she wont know how to react at first or wont reciprocate the way you'd like her to

Which is why what jeffh said is probably a good idea.. go out and have some fun too to loosen up a bit, get more comfortable with each other, share some laughs etc
Use this to gauge whether or not you should move in closer..Like Hitch said, hitting is a good thing :p

Maybe the coffee/picture sharing would be a good end to the night?
The last thing you'd want to do is tell her how you feel first then get shut down ruining your whole night together

dubzz24 08-05-2009 05:54 PM

In her mind she already knows how she thinks of you. If she's mentioning you to her friends then chances are she's into you. Make her laugh, poke some fun at her, and you're in.

Hondaracer 08-05-2009 07:05 PM

the only thing that makes me worry is that the sister that told me of the convo's etc. is harsh immature so the way she took things in context could be off-base, but the way she said things ie. the group is brought up as a whole and i'm being singled out by her bodes well i would think..

I'll update once it happens :)

LC21 08-05-2009 10:35 PM

use all the pick up lines you've got when you see her.... and let her know you're still interested ;)

v.Rossi 08-05-2009 10:45 PM

^ yeah pull out pick up lines for sure. if the coffee/picture sharing goes awry and shit, then you can ask "does this rag smell like chloroform to you?" great way to end the night.

yellowpower 08-06-2009 10:12 AM

OH I KNOW!

Ask her if you can tap that haha

RabidRat 08-06-2009 02:28 PM

^lmao the things you learn on revscene

!Yaminashi 08-06-2009 02:35 PM

And make sure you post it in the appropriate thread afterwards

underscore 08-06-2009 08:46 PM

well if you're showing her pictures, you'll be sitting side by side, no? good time to slip a casual arm around her. not on her directly, just back behind her on her chair or something

BallPeenHammer 08-07-2009 12:26 PM

body language is key.

Girls I am interested will always know I am because of the way I am around them when I want them to know.

I'd sit closer, look at them more when talking, etc etc etc.
it's all in the body language.

6793026 08-07-2009 01:03 PM

yup, 100% on body language. It's not hard man. Push the line to the very closest limit and just let the girl make the move. Nothing turns a girl on more when you push their buttons but dont' make the move.

Carass her back when you let her walk out the door, go take her for coffee and walk aroudn downtown and sit on a bench. Touch her hair and say she has nice hair and just flirt with her. She's get the message. It's not hard when you get to the touchy feely stage things will start lining up for better opportunities.

SuperSlowSS 08-07-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6533810)
maybe tell her how u feel, because once you become friends, game over

fuck me... don't listen to this guy. Only little kids say how they feel before anything even happens.

OP, you need to have physical contact. Do something where you can touch her..I don't know.. rollerblade? Maybe you can help her by holding her hips.
Also.. never "talk about shit" until you have done it with her(if you are gay.. then at least kiss her first). Even if this is long term.

BoneThug 08-10-2009 09:11 PM

be aggressive with your wording, but not so much with your actions. there should be no doubt in her mind as to where you're trying to go with it, but then you dont want to be overly forward either. id pass on the trying to be all subtle and overly clever with it. most times people are too smart and too subtle for their own good and they just end with the receiver not knowing what is going on because you were being too sly

achiam 08-10-2009 10:09 PM

Call her up to ask her out to dinner at a casual place, then say outright that its a date. Make sure to go to a place that offers red wine with the food - then its Wham! Bam! Thank you Ma'am!

Oh yeah. Don't tell her you like her during the dating phase - EVER. After awhile, just mention that you like spending time with her and ask her how she feels. If she gives a half assed reply, delete her totally and chase several other women using same method.

Durrann1984 08-10-2009 10:57 PM

you wanna do things that will not make you a "friend"

and you cant let it drag on or else she will think u dont have any interest in her and then she will lose interest

touch her on the arm the back...etc.. or what they call "kino escalation" haha mystery method LOL