REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   GI JOE (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585026-gi-joe.html)

SiRV 08-11-2009 07:49 PM

7 / 10

it was alright, not better than transformers for sure.. and yeah like everyone said, alot of the scenes did look really fake and animated, sorta like the boot leg version of wolverine (...well not that bad.. but still pretty bad)

artmotion 08-11-2009 09:04 PM

God this movie was bad... I guess it's a bit different since one of my friends told me it was better than Transformers 2. I really wish the classic cobra commander voice was in there. And yes the Baroness stole the show.

DanHibiki 08-11-2009 09:36 PM

the classic cobra commander voice is the same as starscream. would be nice if it was used in at least one of the movies. ofcourse the voice actor has passed away already but it'd be cool if someone else took it on

skyxx 08-11-2009 11:30 PM

The script and CGI was 4/10
The awesome action scenes made up for the movie.

so in the end 8/10 for an action packed movie Plus Rachel Nichols was hot in red hair and Sienna miller was fine with her Jet black hair. OH DAMn I love them both.

CRS 08-12-2009 09:32 AM

8/10 movie

Overall, it wasn't GREAT but it wasn't bad.

It was a good movie with good action sequences. I felt like i got my moneys worth.

Ikkaku 08-12-2009 05:43 PM

I went into the threatres without much expectations, as I really did not remember much about the actual cartoon aside from knowing that I watched it as a kid.

The story wasn't too great but the action made up for everything.

The_AK 08-12-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6540517)
you sleep easily eh

False,
my friend fell asleep and left half-way through, I was on the brink of falling asleep too since the dialogue was really one-liners exchanged between people.

Sexual boner-initiating chick with black hair should never be given a speaking role in a movie, "ha ha! i am escaping from you!"
white guy who did dancing movies and the brother (one of the wayans brothers, i dont remember his name) did a decent job acting and i thought they were entertaining to watch on screen together

Script as mentioned before was pretty lame. I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this movie but it ended up being a gigantic bucket of fail that contained retarded action sequences that literally put folks to sleep and more plot twists than an M. Night Shamylan movie.

I'm positive that the only reason the movie theatre was full on a tuesday night was because of the name. If it was named something like "action heroes" or some other title then there would have been a lot less people in it.

Quite honestly, its not a movie that you can go to and expect to leave with something. I could have not watched this movie and went on with my life happily with an extra $10 to spend but i decided to post here to tell you guys not to make the same mistake I did. I gave myself a purpose after watching this movie, what will you guys do if you go through the same troubles?

-Alex

DanHibiki 08-12-2009 08:26 PM

How you felt about this movie was how I felt bout Transformers 2. That movie made me very upset.

I was satisfied with GI Joe because I came to watch GI Joe and I saw GI Joe's in action. Not The Adventures of Sam and Mikeala Featuring Optimus.

Not really racist! 08-12-2009 10:17 PM

that was an amazing movie to me.. watched it tonight.. well worth my 2 hours

that african guy is funny at parts haha

Dan_Guy 08-12-2009 11:32 PM

fell asleep 20 mins in for 30 mins, then woke up and left =) great movie

SkinnyPupp 08-13-2009 01:00 AM

I think you must have Down's Syndrome or something, if you are capable of falling asleep during one of the loudest movies ever created.

silk 08-13-2009 05:18 AM

i was a bit sleepy in the beginning too and fall asleep for last 30 mins

Gumby 08-13-2009 08:16 AM

So some of you paid $10 to sleep in an air-conditioned theatre? It isn't that hot right now, is it? :p

StylinRed 08-13-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6540803)
Anyone know what bike that scarlett rode?

beanzzz 08-13-2009 03:35 PM

It's an MV Agusta Brutale 910R.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachme...6&d=1241971221

The_AK 08-13-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6544971)
I think you must have Down's Syndrome or something, if you are capable of falling asleep during one of the loudest movies ever created.

Doesn't change the fact that a lot of the sequences were boring. When you're Trying to fall asleep the volume of your surroundings will affect your ability to fall asleep, however, when you're sitting through a crappy movie with poor dialogue and scenes that the mind simply does not choose to follow its quite easy to fall asleep.

How often have you fallen asleep during a movie that didn't have constant explosions and loud noises? I'm assuming 'not-often' since what happened on-screen you probably found entertaining and you didn't have to force yourself to watch it. Unless of course you have slept through quieter movies which probably means you have attention deficit disorder or some other problem with your head.

Tough luck

SkinnyPupp 08-13-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 6546004)
Doesn't change the fact that a lot of the sequences were boring. When you're Trying to fall asleep the volume of your surroundings will affect your ability to fall asleep, however, when you're sitting through a crappy movie with poor dialogue and scenes that the mind simply does not choose to follow its quite easy to fall asleep.

How often have you fallen asleep during a movie that didn't have constant explosions and loud noises? I'm assuming 'not-often' since what happened on-screen you probably found entertaining and you didn't have to force yourself to watch it. Unless of course you have slept through quieter movies which probably means you have attention deficit disorder or some other problem with your head.

Tough luck

I don't fall asleep watching movies. I never have, I can't imagine I ever will. OK maybe when I'm 70. I also don't force myself to watch movies. If a movie sucks, I'll stop watching it. Theatres will give you a refund if you leave within a certain time.

However, I do not have the attention span of a goldfish, so that could explain why I am able to stay awake without putting forth too much effort and concentration.

The_AK 08-13-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6546055)
I don't fall asleep watching movies. I never have, I can't imagine I ever will. OK maybe when I'm 70. I also don't force myself to watch movies. If a movie sucks, I'll stop watching it. Theatres will give you a refund if you leave within a certain time.

However, I do not have the attention span of a goldfish, so that could explain why I am able to stay awake without putting forth too much effort and concentration.

Good day.
http://bizarrereport.com/images/Hat_tip.gif

EndLeSS8 08-13-2009 09:55 PM

Just saw it

Normally I'm not nearly as critical as most of you guys on movies, but this was really meh

6/10

Spoiler!

shenmecar 08-14-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 (Post 6546194)
Just saw it

Normally I'm not nearly as critical as most of you guys on movies, but this was really meh

6/10

Spoiler!

agree with you. This movie was not as good as i thought it would be.

StylinRed 08-14-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanzzz (Post 6545719)
It's an MV Agusta Brutale 910R.

wt.. cool thanks :)

i thought in the movie that there was a cover (dunno what its called) over the rear wheels like those travelling cruisers... maybe it was a CGI mess-up but it threw me off totally

6793026 08-14-2009 02:57 PM

I had no expectations from the movie and I never got into the GI Joe. I thought the script was OK at most. I mean it had an introduction of how they got into GI Joe, who the bad guy was, who the good guy was and of course, the rising of corba.

The one liners were extremly bad, acting was just as bad. Marlon Wayans who was the 'brother' as Ripcord was just stupid. I kept on thinking he was from white chicks and I just didn't like it when he kept trying to be like Will Smith.

I went in and I saw the CGI and i'm not as crazy as you guys but most of you are right. The movie was like way way way ahead of it's time. i mean i can SORT of believe the GI Joe suits, but damn, underwater city was just a bit too much.

I'm pretty sure they will make a part two to this, a decent setup which I think will be in production in about 3 years.

Comparing this to transformers, i woudl think this is a bit better because of how much more relative this movie was. I was able to distinguish who the good and the bad guys were, in Transformers, man, there were just so much transforming and I had no idea who the good or the bad guys were.

7/10 maybeeeee

staysupreme 08-19-2009 10:17 AM

It was ok, didn't really like the storyline but there was defs a lot of action

...too many fakeass computer generated scenes though

unidentified 09-06-2009 11:53 AM

I went to watch this movie last night expecting a movie with lots of action and not much else in terms of dialogue, plot, and acting. I got what I expected so I left pretty satisfied. It's the type of movie where you just have to shut your brain off. The dialogue is incredibly cheesy and the acting is...not great. Some of the CGI is pretty bad as well lol. Otherwise, I found it pretty entertaining.

murd0c 09-07-2009 06:18 PM

I just came back from watching it. I didn't really want to see it but what the hell nothing else to watch. I thought it was junk a waste of time and I'm happy I used a free pass

I give it 4/10 just cause Baroness and the the hot redhead I would love to pound!!!