REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources

Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources All Toyota & Lexus Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Brakes and beyond...

I noticed my brake pedal was mushy, well i noticed it was mushy almost a year ago! so i finally got all the parts in to do the brake master cylinder, but gave it 1 more try at bleeding EVERYTHING out... i saw the hugest air bubble pop out of the line! DAMN.... brakes feel very good again!

but well, might as well group a bunch of things to get done.

i wanted to see how 15mm spacer would look on the fronts and wanted to test fit my winter wheels...

They clear! i had to up to 17in wheels and junk my stock 16s because of the camber spacer i installed which pushes the lower ball joint down thus the 16s wont clear anymore. Thanx again to Advanced Autosport Sora'T. Brakes so small! no FEAR!!! Supra TT front brakes are coming!

They stick out a bit but should be fine when the 235/45/17s winters come in

A better shot from directly above...

The wheel should sit nice with -1.75 degree camber once its on the ground and with tire

My summer rims, finally the front sit flush like the rears... NO RUBBING!!!

Tis good on other side!

Tis good on this side!!

So bleeded out the system, a good 500ml of brake fluid, wasnt tooo dirty, still somewhat clear.

Lexus uses a rear electronic control brake, thus no matter how hard you try, u wont be able to bleed them by pumping the brakes. the trick to this is to have the system charged by having the key in the ignition. you dont need the engine on, but acc on (basically 2nd key position, resting position when engine is on). one pump of the brake pedal and its surging brake fluid to the rear brakes.

When bleeding brakes, always do from furthest to closests. thus in this order, REAR Passenger brake, REAR Driver brake, FRONT Passenger brake, and finally Front Drive brake.
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
hahaha, those brakes are not small! Do you really need 4 pot supra brakes up front?? =P
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

its never about need. if it was, then id be rocking 22s... on a mountain bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
hahaha, those brakes are not small! Do you really need 4 pot supra brakes up front?? =P

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
Don't be a bad influence!!

Just say YES, to 4-pot supra brakes.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Banned (BBM)

stock supras are 4 pots?
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

stock GS are 2 pot, stock supra turbo are 4.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I'm not really feeling the amount of poke you have on the 17's - especially for winters. If they were summers with stretched tires that had the tread still under the fender, different story.

Hopefully, on the ground, with tires and camber adjustment, they'll sit more flush.
Baller rims for winter tires.

BTW just a reminder. I hope you only filled the brake res. to about the same level as before you bled them. Otherwise when you go to compress the pistons to fit new pads, there might be some spillage.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

the brake resevoir on the GS is huge. it can easily fill 1L of fluid, so thus, i just top to the line, bleed the brakes, check the resevoir time to time, and when finished the last brake, topped back up to the max level.

either way, it didnt quite solve the problem, so when i do the supra brakes, im gonna do the brake master cylinder rebuild kit. purchased already from toyota.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #9

Wheres the Supra brakes? Where might one look for them? (I may be considering them too)
Old 10-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

im surfing the supra forums, seems like no one local has them.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 10-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
im surfing the supra forums, seems like no one local has them.
Yeah, those calipers are quite difficult to come by. X.x
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #12
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

not as difficult as the Supra rear 3.76 LSD. i donno if it makes a difference, but everywhere i have read says i should look for the automatic rear diff.

ugggggg

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors