REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   3 months suspension? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585125-3-months-suspension.html)

Jeffield 08-07-2009 05:57 PM

3 months suspension?

Has anyone successfully argued their way out of it ?

I just got a letter suspending my license for these things

Speed in / outside municipality - May 16th

Nov 14th / Red light at intersection

Drive Contrary to restriction Nov 14th as well
(Drive contray is because my N sign waas stolen)

for the ticket I got on Nov 14th i have disputed,

and court hearing was set but i sent in a letter on i cant make it due to

School and they never replied and i missed my court day with no reply for re schedule...

anyways 3 months for these offences?

My friend got 3 months as well for drunking and driving and total loss and crashed in to another family....

is there a way to argue out of this ?

Jeffield 08-08-2009 12:46 AM

^^

what are the odds?

cop pulled me over earlier an hour ago telling me i was suspended and took away my license... i dont even how time to write a letter to steve martin?

please help ^^

jeff_alexander 08-08-2009 01:34 AM

Did you actually commit the offences you listed in the first post?

Gtrr33 08-08-2009 01:37 AM

dude i just got my DL back.. cant wait to get my N off the back of my car

CRS 08-08-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffield (Post 6538217)
^^

what are the odds?

cop pulled me over earlier an hour ago telling me i was suspended and took away my license... i dont even how time to write a letter to steve martin?

please help ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffield (Post 6537666)

School and they never replied and i missed my court day with no reply for re schedule...

My friend got 3 months as well for drunking and driving and total loss and crashed in to another family....

Hmmm, I wonder why.....

You should have followed up with EVERYTHING but since you didn't, there is no one to blame but you. Not to mention the offenses are caused by you too.

chris_89T 08-08-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffield (Post 6537666)

Not to sound like a dick, but if you did commit those traffic violations, you probably should be serving a 3 month suspension. While in your N period, you should be driving like a grandma til you get your class 5, then you can do whatever the hell you desire.

To answer your question, i know lots of people who have wrote sappy letters about failing school and getting fired if they loose their license for 3 months. Most get it knocked down to 1 month, 1 person i know, originally had a 1 month, then it was reviewed and had an extra 3 months tacked on!

eurochevy 08-09-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_89T (Post 6539147)
Not to sound like a dick, but if you did commit those traffic violations, you probably should be serving a 3 month suspension. While in your N period, you should be driving like a grandma til you get your class 5, then you can do whatever the hell you desire.

To answer your question, i know lots of people who have wrote sappy letters about failing school and getting fired if they loose their license for 3 months. Most get it knocked down to 1 month, 1 person i know, originally had a 1 month, then it was reviewed and had an extra 3 months tacked on!

u shouldn't be going through a red light at an intersection any way i honestly hate ppl that go through red lights (bad experience) and also with ur N 1 ticket and u go back to 2 years or w/e the hell its at now

Jeffield 08-09-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurochevy (Post 6539190)
u shouldn't be going through a red light at an intersection any way i honestly hate ppl that go through red lights (bad experience) and also with ur N 1 ticket and u go back to 2 years or w/e the hell its at now

It was not a red light, it was yellow i was completing a turn as i was already half way out but the cop did not see me waiting there earlier he turned out and saw me completing my turn

i have never ran a red light even if it was 4 am

xpl0sive 08-11-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_89T (Post 6539147)

funny you say that, tahts what i thought too, i get my class 5 and i'm free to drive how i want.... well 14 points later i got my license suspended for 4 months... so you can get suspended with a class 5

quasi 08-11-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6542386)
funny you say that, tahts what i thought too, i get my class 5 and i'm free to drive how i want.... well 14 points later i got my license suspended for 4 months... so you can get suspended with a class 5

That's not even the worst part, wait until you get the $1920 penalty point premium bill in the mail. :haha:

The OP has to be careful, driving well suspended = 10 points alone.

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...riables._frag_

xpl0sive 08-11-2009 12:12 PM

oh ya i already paid that when i had to renew my insurance... it was $2500 total in points and tickets... gotta pay to play i guess

Presto 08-11-2009 02:24 PM

^^^
Nah.. you just gotta play within the rules, or at least play within the rules when the authorities are around!