REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   "The Shocking Truth about Dairy" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585468-shocking-truth-about-dairy.html)

CorneringArtist 08-11-2009 09:46 AM

"The Shocking Truth about Dairy"

Taken off another forum.

Quote:

http://www.therealfoodchannel.com/page/29.html

If you're already a "The Real Food Channel" subscriber, please share this video with friends. Thanks.

About this video

Many people are going to find this video shocking and unsettling.

After all, what could be more healthy than milk?

Well, if you're talking about mother's milk for an infant, you're right. It's the right from the right source at the right time.

If you're talking about HUMAN BEINGS consuming the milk of other animals, it becomes a lot less clear. Further, if you're talking about consuming highly industrialized cow milk - complete with pesticides and other toxins and a wide array of biological contaminants - now milk consumption starts to look at lot less benign.

Three things to know about this video:

1. The speaker is John McDougall MD. You can view his other videos and read more about him elsewhere on the Internet

2. You can track all the research he refers to here for yourself. No one is asking you to accept anything on faith.

3. McDougall operates a clinic in California where he routinely reverses and cures serious diseases like diabetes and heart disease simply by removing dangerous foods from people's diets and replacing them with healthy, nutritious foods.

McDougall's conclusion based on his research and medical practice: The most important thing to stop consuming if you want to improve your health and treat and prevent a wide array of diseases: stop consuming dairy in all its forms: milk, cheese, ice cream

You don't have to believe it, but you should at least take the time to consider the evidence because it could have a catastrophic effect on you health and the health of your loved ones.
All I can say is :facepalm:. We've been eating milk and cheese for HOW many years without penalty now? I may be able to understand a few of the reasons behind it, but most if it is bullshit.

q0192837465 08-11-2009 01:15 PM

^ errr, not really.

It has been known for a while that consuming cow milk can lead to some complications. Most of the stuff ppl won't notice because generally those who consume large amount of milk are the young & healthy.

Vansterdam 08-11-2009 02:02 PM

i heard the milk in the US is fucked up, somethign about them adding some fucked up things in there, watched a documentery on it once, donno about the milk here though

Presto 08-11-2009 02:17 PM

^^^
You probably saw the milk thing in the Corporation.

skyxx 08-11-2009 03:32 PM

If you're talking about Cow's milk in general then I haven't drank milk for many years. I guess I'm in luck haha. :)

CorneringArtist 08-11-2009 03:35 PM

I really see nothing wrong with milk in general. If anything, this guy's research is just a push to get more clients.

I don't want to replace milk with calcium pills until I'm pushing 50.

SkinnyPupp 08-11-2009 06:28 PM

I don't think milk is that bad, but the idea that it should be required in our diet is bullshit. Especially the crap that it is the best way to get calcium in your diet.

As long as you're not drinking fat reduced milk, it's all good, IMO.

CorneringArtist 08-11-2009 06:54 PM

That's what I was thinking as well. I don't think of milk as a requirement, but it's nice to drink something other than water during a meal from time to time. It's also one of the few ways I get calcium into my diet outside foods that have it and supplements once in a while.

chileanwinehous 09-27-2009 05:45 PM

im not touchning this poop again.