REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Anon. Submission: Depressed (https://www.revscene.net/forums/586101-anon-submission-depressed.html)

Girl 08-16-2009 09:22 PM

Anon. Submission: Depressed

Dear REVscene.net

Quote:

Im really down lately, pretty much the worst ive ever felt, I havnt been genuinely happy in quite awhile. Im posting because im concerned about myself, and if im ever going to feel better. I think I should see someone about my problem, but I know I wont. A really close friend of mine confronted me about it tonight, she told me feels like she is the reason that im not happy, and that she doesn't get what I want in her(we're close). I really feel like im letting her down and it hurts, Shes my best friend, I know if I didn't have her id be alot worse off.

Im really not stoked on myself right now, I started smoking last week, drinking alot lately.. but I know none of thats the answer. Knowing that im hurting a good friend with something thats out of my control is the worst part.
Sincerely,

Depressed

B-DiZzLe 08-16-2009 09:42 PM

I honestly thought you were talking about Anon the member.

Girl 08-16-2009 10:13 PM

^I added the period, just for you =)

SizzleChest 08-17-2009 06:38 PM

this is a good read on depression

http://books.google.ca/books?id=5U9d...age&q=&f=false

SumAznGuy 08-18-2009 06:33 PM

So you think you are depressed but you will not go and seek help from professionals yet you post on RS. Hmmm....

I don't know what to say.

Wait, are you a girl or a dude? can't tell from the original message. Wait, is the poster a girl or a dude. Can't tell either....

!SG 08-18-2009 06:41 PM

get some sun. the more the better.

example what reasons are making you depress, confront and come up with a solution to solve it.

get more sun.

SizzleChest 08-18-2009 07:55 PM

drinking is definitely something that can compound the problem if it gets out of hand. eating and sleeping habits should be paid close attention to as well.

from that link i posted earlier, the biggest point that i took away after reading it is that depression is not something you have, it's something you do.

if the anonymous poster wants to PM me about their situation, i will try and help as best i can. i've tangled with depression a few times in my life and it really can not be fully understood by those that haven't experienced it first hand. i promise that you will remain anonymous.

tiger_handheld 08-18-2009 08:33 PM

so, what kind of help are we suppose to offer him?

he/she dosn't want to go see a dr. and seems to be a in 'who cares attitude' ...

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 08-18-2009 09:31 PM

lift weights... it'll make you feel good even if it's not your appearance that is getting you down.

OffSea 08-19-2009 12:23 AM

You should definately get your mind on something else. Find something to do to get your mind off whatever is making you depressed, or find the cause of depression, and get some closure.

Girl 08-19-2009 01:35 AM

Anonymous Response to OP:

Quote:

Lets be realistic about depression. Once you "admit" that you have depression you'll be carrying a stigma around with you. It'll be part of your medical history, your friends will always know that theres something "off" about you, and your family will wonder where "they went wrong"

Going public with this will cause nothing but harm to people around you and will only worsen your "condition".

Your friend and you are already having some pretty serious issues dealing with this and you owe it to your friend to put on a brave face and "just deal with it". Do you think you feel bad about whats happening now? Well, once you "come out" and "seek help" her guilt will multiply and she may even become depressed herself.

Please, don't hurt anyone else. Just try to deal with it on your own, or as quietly as possible.

Please remember that all responses are all purely the opinions of other people. Discretion should be advised.

achiam 08-19-2009 01:46 PM

Hey there Depressed Person!

The feeling of depression can be split into types - ones that develop automatically by themselves, or ones that begin as a result of a traumatic incident (e.g. death of a husband/wife).

If you haven't had a traumatic experience - and you haven't mentioned one, there are other questions you must now ask yourself - e.g. is there a history of depression in your family?

The other question is the depth of your depression - does it affect you to the point that you don't want to get out of bed? or is it occurring periodically with spurts of normalcy?

The basis of depression hasn't been concluded scientifically, but the accepted cause amongst the current treatment regimen is that your brain lacks certain neurotransmitters - e.g. Serotonin.

It would definitely be in your interests to consult your family physician, who will then either refer you to counseling, or begin you on a short course of anti-depressants to help you cope.

Without further information on such a forum, I can't safely give you any other advice.

Other helpful activities of course, would include exercising, trying to talk with friends more, removing yourself for a certain time from your environment (if its the cause of your depression), and as someone mentioned earlier, being in the sun!

Hope this helps!