REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   Cut polish trunk... where/ how much? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/586321-cut-polish-trunk-where-how-much.html)

jbsali 08-18-2009 10:54 PM

Cut polish trunk... where/ how much?

I have some light scratches + a little discolouration/dull on my trunk (clearcoat) and i'm sure a cut polish will take em out...

anyways, i only need the trunk done. where can i get it done and how much for just that area?

I could get a guy i know to do it for nehxt to nothing but id have to wait a month...

Thanks in advance :D

orange7 08-18-2009 11:22 PM

check the sponsors in the car care forum

ilvtofu 08-18-2009 11:48 PM

Call brendan siu aka BrendanS on RS
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...7555ba70ee.jpg

BrendanS 08-19-2009 12:32 AM

Thanks for the referal. Ken Wilson @ Autowerkes Exclusive does great work as well. It's up to you who you choose. Can't go wrong with any. Are you related to Harrison Sali by any chance?

!Aznboi128 08-19-2009 11:47 AM

I can vouch for BrendaS he took these big scratches off my skirt

sorry man no time to post pics stilll >.<

jbsali 08-19-2009 11:49 AM

i've never heard of him..but I probably related... i have 3rd + cousins in the area that i've never even met before... LOL but if its some sort of "company" then no..

But seeing that your here, any idea what it would cost me just to get the trunk cut polished? Thanks :D

Roach 08-19-2009 11:55 AM

Can you a post a picture of the trunk? I could maybe help. What part of Surrey are you in?

If you run your fingernail across the scratch(es), does your fingernail catch against the scratch? If so, that might require wetsanding.

Kev

jbsali 08-19-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 6554641)
Can you a post a picture of the trunk? I could maybe help. What part of Surrey are you in?

If you run your fingernail across the scratch(es), does your fingernail catch against the scratch? If so, that might require wetsanding.

Kev

nope, you can't feel it. i've tried taking pics but its very hard to see them cause its soo light. it looks as though the previous owner of the trunk would wash the trunk in one direction all the time so it looks a little dull. i'm sure it'll cut polish out but i'm just wondering how much it will cost for just the trunk to be done

oh and i live in the fraser heights area..

ilvtofu 08-19-2009 01:11 PM

Brendan's a high school student willing to earn some money for his detailing, but he has done a few RS members' cars, and always :thumbsup: work

!Aznboi128 08-19-2009 01:22 PM

^ exactly

don't let his age fool you he has done a lot of research and his detail jobs are A+ he got my car done before the RS meet on sunday and I have to say it was freaking awesome

skyxx 08-19-2009 02:23 PM

Do you offer steak and BJs?

BrendanS 08-19-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyxx (Post 6554869)
Do you offer steak and BJs?

not at the moment:(

jbsali: I'm in Fraserview in Southeast Vancouver. If you want to add me to msn: brendanx32@hotmail.com . That'll be quickest way. If you bring your car by I'll let you know. It won't be expensive.

Brendan

ilvtofu 08-19-2009 04:03 PM

^Lol maybe a PORK CHOP and BJ, although after his pork has been chopped what do you give BJ to?

BrendanS 08-19-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6555034)
^Lol maybe a PORK CHOP and BJ, although after his pork has been chopped what do you give BJ to?

no man only "hah-gao" and BJ

911fanatic 08-19-2009 05:52 PM

My shop is right on the other side of the new Golden Ears Bridge if you are interested. Let me know if you want to pop by. Brendan could do it no problem as well and as stated by some forum members, his work is great. He got all his product from me so I know he can do it properly for you.

jbsali 08-19-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrendanS (Post 6555009)
not at the moment:(

jbsali: I'm in Fraserview in Southeast Vancouver. If you want to add me to msn: brendanx32@hotmail.com . That'll be quickest way. If you bring your car by I'll let you know. It won't be expensive.

Brendan

can you PM me a quote. i drive a 2008 LX-SR civic w/ a 2007 Si civic trunk. The trunk is in good condition, theres just a few light-light scratches from probably washing the car, seeing that they are only in one direction. i pulled off the emblem and the surface feels even with a fingernail but you can see that the emblem has left the outline on the paint. so thats what i'm trying to take out. tried some scratch X and it just isnt enough. probably looking to get the full trunk and spoiler done. anyways, get back to me :D