REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Trinity Auto Centre, Coquitlam - any experience

hey guys,

Wondering if anyone on here has dealt/know about trinity auto centre in Coquitlam. I am interested in a white g35 they are selling. I have been going to "big name" dealers and wanted to stay away from the smaller ones.

This one seems ok. Just wondering if anyone has heard any good/bad things about them. I have yet to go check out the car but didnt want to waste my time driving out there if there is no point.

let me know
thanks
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Funny, haha, we just signed them up as an RS new sponsor. i JUST left like 30mins ago, chatting up with the owner. They seem pretty cool, their car fleet seems to move pretty fast. saw an evo9 there, but its already been spoken for.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=25718922

that's only one of several threads that was posted on nasioc. you're gonna have to search for the rest (sorry busy at work)
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
Funny, haha, we just signed them up as an RS new sponsor. i JUST left like 30mins ago, chatting up with the owner. They seem pretty cool, their car fleet seems to move pretty fast. saw an evo9 there, but its already been spoken for.
Will they start posting for sale ads on RS?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

hopefully, im working with them to set up a plan of action. At least they hired someone specifically to handle the load of pm's, emails, and all the internet traffic, so we know that every form of communication will be answered.

things arent slow for them, they are just trying to keep the momentum up, i know a couple of friends that purchased a couple cars from them, no issues so far, one actually did purchase an sti from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Will they start posting for sale ads on RS?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I use to detail for there dealership in North Van but it closed down because they didn't have the business but ya the guys were nice and they do have some nice cars roll threw
mj.rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #7
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
A friend of mine got his 350Z from them, no complaints here.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
F**K YOUR HEAD

Too bad they probably don't have any S30's
Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

well, after talking to bobby, i think he is the owner or at least one of the big guys in charge, i find he is a car buff himself. looking at the stock of cars, seems like he is bringing in some cars from the states that u just dont normally have here. saw an evo9, but it was spoken for already... low miles, and looked pretty good condition.

after chatting it up with bobby for almost 2 hrs, my conclusion is that for him to actually hire a specific staff just to handle the estimated volume from internet interests, means he is serious about this.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 08-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
F**K YOUR HEAD

Nice they have some scooters/bikes too
Lol is it bobby B?

They have quite the selection though, any RS specials?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I had a bad experience with them after purchasing a vehicle. They are nice guys and all but i wouldn't take their word for anything. I was promised a wheel alignment in the pre-purchase agreement before i take possession of the vehicle. The day i went to pick up my car, they tell me they only have 1 key and that they will supply me with another set along with the key fob. They also tell me the wheel alignment has been done. So i take their word and finalize the deal. After driving it i notice wheel alignment clearly wasn't done. I ask them why they say it was done when it wasn't clearly done. They apologize and want me to go and do it and they well reimburse me. I was satified with that but didn't like being lied to bout it being done. Weeks past and after numerous calls they finally supply me with another key but no key fob. They say they will get the key fob for me from ebay. After calls almost daily bout they key fob i finally give up realizing they weren't gonna bother helping me. I suck it up and forget bout it.
Mechanically their cars i believe aren't in the best condition in my opinion. If all the troubles i had weren't enough, after 5 months of owning my car the tranny went. They blame the tranny failing on my driving habits without any basis on this. But the tranny shop clearly stated that they tranny wouldn't have failed unless the car had a pre-existing tranny problem already. I clearly have no legal rights so i just give up on this. I sucked it up and forked out $2500.
After the tranny failing the least they could do was to get my key fob. Bobby agrees and tells me to come down to the shop. I went down there and after trying to program a honda key fob and acura EL key fob, they tell me they don't have the right one. At this point, im fed up and had given up on Trinity.
There was a couple of other problems like my starter motor making noise but they eventually resolved it by rebuilding mine. The starter motor however made noise again 6 months later and once again i sucked it up and forked out money to buy a brand new one. Also they said no accident but my car clearly had the fender replaced as their is no vin sticker on the fender. This i guess i can't really blame them for. Finally they also never refunded my deposit i left for them to hold the car for me until a month later. I had to hound them almost everyday for it.
EX-Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
EX-Raver... did you do a pre-purchase inspection?

car salespeople are never your best friend... treat them accordingly
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #13
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
EX-Raver... did you do a pre-purchase inspection?

car salespeople are never your best friend... treat them accordingly
Pre-purchase was done by myself on their premise as im a licensed mechanic. I did not notice the starter noise as it never made noise unless it was on a cold day. The tranny issue was not noticed on the test drive. But i believe it slipped once the first month i owned the car. At that time i had mentioned it to their salesman who i bought it from. My shop at that time didn't do alignments thats why i had to take it elsewhere.
Bobby as far as i know is the owner and doesn't sell cars. I only dealt with him after the salesman i was dealing with quit. If i rememeber correctly he quit soon after i bought the car. So most of my troubles was with Bobby.

Last edited by EX-Raver; 08-30-2009 at 05:02 AM.
EX-Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #14
F**K YOUR HEAD

^dang, thanks for the heads up
Old 08-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i was looking at a sti and asked if there was any accidents and the saleman said no but being a autobody tech it was clear to me that the car i am looking at was hit hard from the back, tail lights.. trunk.. rear bumper are all not lining up to the quarters plus paint match was bad. after i told the saleman about the damages he seems not as intrested selling me the car anymore.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Bunch of liars. trying to sell a car like every other dealerships.
Cant really blame them for trying and doing their jobs.

I went to look at a white sti.

They told me it has never been in a accident. LOL. I looked and told them it was hit in the rear. Bumper does not match colour. Over spray on the trim. Front bumper hanging lower and not lining up with the fenders. Self tapping screws holding the side skirts. Wires hanging around and below the engine bay.

I had to tell them this. The guy walks away. comes back. "yes, it has been in accidents"

I hate dealing with liars.

I just left after that.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I thought there is a guy call Bruce who worked there? They have a Ferrari 612 and a Carrera GT somewhere.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #18
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
^ I dont know of the name but I know its not trinity auto. I know of someone who owned a black CGT, now has a 612.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
^

Same address?

http://www.mmcars.ca/index.php?s2=2&...s1=1&vi=668280

http://www.mmcars.ca/used.php?s2=2&s...ge=2&vi=427000

They also have a very "unique" Aston Martin.. a 2006 DB7 Vantage, and you thought it had long since been discontinued.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #20
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

yah no worries. I think im gonna stay away. Looks like its a US car anyways.

Sick of salespeople not knowing their shit/or lying. Oh yah there is no accidents....and i can tell the bumper has been repainted...like cmon buddy...fuck these guys
Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
F**K YOUR HEAD

wow 240k for a 612 sounds like a decent deal

Lol but 39k for an STi with 30000kms and a 5 speed manual is a horrible deal...

btw acurael did u BBB them?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
Tech Team Mod

I believe Bruce is the dealer principal for Messiah Motor Cars. Trinity had shared the same lot as Messiah when they were in North Vancouver. Looks like they are now in Coquitlam.
Rated B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoall View Post
Bunch of liars. trying to sell a car like every other dealerships.
Cant really blame them for trying and doing their jobs.

I went to look at a white sti.

They told me it has never been in a accident. LOL. I looked and told them it was hit in the rear. Bumper does not match colour. Over spray on the trim. Front bumper hanging lower and not lining up with the fenders. Self tapping screws holding the side skirts. Wires hanging around and below the engine bay.

I had to tell them this. The guy walks away. comes back. "yes, it has been in accidents"

I hate dealing with liars.

I just left after that.
lol i wonder if it was the same one i looked at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrr33 View Post
i was looking at a sti and asked if there was any accidents and the saleman said no but being a autobody tech it was clear to me that the car i am looking at was hit hard from the back, tail lights.. trunk.. rear bumper are all not lining up to the quarters plus paint match was bad. after i told the saleman about the damages he seems not as intrested selling me the car anymore.
cobra_commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #24
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

their ok! i bought my sti from them. it was back when the exchange rate between CAD and USD was almost at par. i gave them a 1000 bucks deposit and they got me a brand new sti down in california. it had 300 miles on it and it was $6,000.00 less than what don docksteader would have cost me.
kuldud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #25
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_commander View Post
lol i wonder if it was the same one i looked at?
LOL, Could be.

I booted that thing up and down the hill to SFU. very fast car.

I wonder who bought that car after?