REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Who fabricates roll cages? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/587312-who-fabricates-roll-cages.html)

ilvtofu 08-27-2009 05:40 PM

Who fabricates roll cages?

Who makes/welds rollcages locally?

skyxx 08-28-2009 06:32 PM

Racing Greed and Evolution both do fabrication services. Both are RS Sponsors too. :)

SumAznGuy 08-28-2009 08:19 PM

Go to Home Depot Racing and buy some pvc pipes and build your own cage.
Or tell us what you plan on doing with the car before we can recommend. Road racing requires a slightly different cage from drag racing, assuming your car is fast enough to require a cage.

Or are you a ricer and want a cage for the fun of it? In which case, a lot of people will warn you about the dangers of having a roll cage in a street car.

ilvtofu 08-29-2009 10:25 AM

I'm thinking of just doing a very simple one in the trunk so probably just a roll bar sorta thing , I don't want a full one that goes all the way to the front though, I just don't feel safe in my POS, especially since its a T-top, and it's a nissan...

Yeah i'm a ricer

MG1 08-31-2009 01:27 PM

I was going to recommend Chief Chassis, but in your case, it's out of his realm. He does a fantastic job and has uber experience. Plus he's one of the nicest guys I know. He's out in North Langley. He works out of his facility on his property.

Dentz 09-02-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6569188)
I'm thinking of just doing a very simple one in the trunk so probably just a roll bar sorta thing , I don't want a full one that goes all the way to the front though, I just don't feel safe in my POS, especially since its a T-top, and it's a nissan...

Yeah i'm a ricer

Your logic makes no sense. First of all it being a Nissan has nothing to do with how safe your car is, and secondly, because it's a T-Top vehicle, the roof and pillars have been REINFORCED from the factory. YOU DO NOT NEED A CAGE; save you money and go buy under-glow.

SpuGen 09-07-2009 01:44 AM

Do you plan on doing anything stupid enough to require a rollcage?
If your answer is no, you do not need one.

You only need one if:
- You plan to track your car, and you're in a class that needs one.
- Plan to possibly smack a wall drifting. Like smacking it at over 140km/hr with Fiberglass/CF doors.
- Decide to go over 260km/hr on the highway
- Demolition Derby

Oh, and unless you have over a minimum of $1000, you can't afford one.
They don't make bolt-on cages for Z31's, and the amount of work you'll need to do to get one in will make it cost much for than that.

Save yourself money.
Make sure your chassis is straight, strip your car, and get a GOOD, EXPERIENCED, AND KNOWLEDGEABLE shop to spot weld it.
Reinforce your subframes with Gussets.

You sure do have alot of money to spend for a 15? year old.

ilvtofu 09-07-2009 06:30 PM

mm demolition derby sounds fun!

SumAznGuy 09-07-2009 06:33 PM

Then you need to go for the deluxe roll cage made of toilet paper rolls.
Cambodian Tire racing FTW.

MWR34 09-09-2009 10:15 PM

W
E
S
T
C
O
A
S
T
H
O
T
R
O
D
S

Does a good job on Roll Cages. :P

umpadupa 01-10-2010 04:33 PM

are roll cages street legal? i was thinking of one too...

SpuGen 01-11-2010 11:01 AM

No.

Please read my earlier post in the thread.

Overseas Auto1 01-26-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6566746)
Who makes/welds rollcages locally?

the best places are w e s t c o a s t h o t r o d s and S p e c i a l t y Engineering. They have been making roll cages for 30 years and are well respected by tech inspectors.

TOS'd 01-26-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpadupa (Post 6764100)
are roll cages street legal? i was thinking of one too...

:facepalm:

Truenosan 01-27-2010 07:28 AM

Adam at AMT Machine Works can fab you a roll cage. He has built cages to spec, and has done plenty of fab work on my cars.

He can be reached at (604) 251-3301

Overseas Auto1 01-27-2010 02:28 PM

there is no problem with legality. Why don't you have us get you an Autopower Roll Bar or Cage. They will be cheaper, they will fit in without butchering the dash. They are race legal -- depending on the class. they have proper welding and proper tubing.

Phil@rise 01-29-2010 04:42 PM

We fabricate custom cages and misc tube work. Currently we are doing a sr20'd 240sx suffering from a little to much chassis fatigue from years of autocross racing. Next season he wants to track it.