REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

World Financial Group ??

anyone working for them or had any experiences with them?

i just went to one of their info sessions

they keep saying they make 6 figure digits

and then i wanted to know more about the company
they offered me a package but the package was $5 so they said do you have $5 on you..i was like no i dont LOL

pyramid scheme?
Advertisement
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

this company? http://www.wfg-online.ca/
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #3

Yup thats the one!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
anyone working for them or had any experiences with them?

i just went to one of their info sessions

they keep saying they make 6 figure digits

and then i wanted to know more about the company
they offered me a package but the package was $5 so they said do you have $5 on you..i was like no i dont LOL

pyramid scheme?
You can make it work however I firmly believe you can make it work better on your own. If you're interested in becoming a financial advisor, you need to consider your options.

Look into Investors Group, Manulife, Sunlife etc.

I know people at WFG making 7 figures a year. In fact, part of my previous job was to work with some of the top producers in the Country. I even went to Texas to meet Mr. Holmes a few years ago.

Most of the people in WFG are starving and can't make ends meet. I wouldn't listen to everything they say as fact. It's hard as hell to make it work and you have to be the kind of person who loves knocking on doors and phoning people. If you're the kind of person that could build a client base from scratch, go for it. If not, write your CFP and start working at a bank.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
i was an associate way back when they were called "world financial group". i didnt make a penny, but i didnt really try too hard. my friends mom on the other hand, was making over 200k in her 2nd year. shes a real go getter though.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I've had guys tell me to go to these sessions. Whats the job all about?
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i was an associate way back when they were called "world financial group". i didnt make a penny, but i didnt really try too hard. my friends mom on the other hand, was making over 200k in her 2nd year. shes a real go getter though.
does it show that shes making over 200k?
Old 09-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
shes like family i know her well, and yeah it shows.
she does something else now and makes even more
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
Not a mod

Ive had numerous ppl ask me to attend their presentations and I have twice way back in 2001 before most heard of the company. I obviously clued in that something was fishy when the host kept talking about how he made 6 figures last year. 20 minutes prior I saw him pulling into the parking lot in a Pontiac Sunfire with a missing hubcap.

Just remember there is no such thing as easy money despite what they tell you at their presentations. WFG is full of shit. Don't take it from me, just google their name.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

You get a percentage, like 1 or 2 percent of your total assets of your clients that are held within the company. So lets say you get 2% and of all the clients you have, their total money invested in the company's portfolio is 1 million, you get a yearly salary of $10,000 dollars.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
You get a percentage, like 1 or 2 percent of your total assets of your clients that are held within the company. So lets say you get 2% and of all the clients you have, their total money invested in the company's portfolio is 1 million, you get a yearly salary of $10,000 dollars.

hey

that sucks
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaxBundlez View Post
hey

that sucks
Not really.

If you open your own firm and you own it yourself, you have to pay for your back desk fees because there is no chance you're going to have your own back desk. If you do then that's a whole different business altogether.

Berkshire (before Manulife took over) had one of the best for payouts for the IIROC and MFDA.

The trailers on asset book value obviously varied depending on what type of investments were held but most of them would be paid within a range of 0.5- 2% annually.

A good planner should have a book of $100,000,000. If you take the average of %'s you have 1.25% of $100,000,000 which is $1,250,000 per year in trailers.

For those of you that think that's a hard thing to do, it is. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. I had a client that had a book worth $3,000,000,000 in Vancouver and coworkers in New York had advisers with individual clients in the 9 figure region. Some of these advisers are shot callers. Making 8 figures a year just managing accounts.

Back to the basics though. WFG is not going to attract the wealthy client base. It's designed to help average people. If you're really good, you can build a book of $10,000,000 which is about $100k a year provided you keep that money on the books. I don't know how much WFG takes but it's probably something like 30% so you give up that 30% trailer and another 30% for all your up front commissions.

The advantage that WFG will pitch is that you can recruit and have people working under you so you can get your trailers and also a piece of other people's trailers etc.

In my opinion, if you're good enough and willing to work hard enough to make WFG work, you're better off at another firm.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Not really.

If you open your own firm and you own it yourself, you have to pay for your back desk fees because there is no chance you're going to have your own back desk. If you do then that's a whole different business altogether.

Berkshire (before Manulife took over) had one of the best for payouts for the IIROC and MFDA.

The trailers on asset book value obviously varied depending on what type of investments were held but most of them would be paid within a range of 0.5- 2% annually.

A good planner should have a book of $100,000,000. If you take the average of %'s you have 1.25% of $100,000,000 which is $1,250,000 per year in trailers.

For those of you that think that's a hard thing to do, it is. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. I had a client that had a book worth $3,000,000,000 in Vancouver and coworkers in New York had advisers with individual clients in the 9 figure region. Some of these advisers are shot callers. Making 8 figures a year just managing accounts.

Back to the basics though. WFG is not going to attract the wealthy client base. It's designed to help average people. If you're really good, you can build a book of $10,000,000 which is about $100k a year provided you keep that money on the books. I don't know how much WFG takes but it's probably something like 30% so you give up that 30% trailer and another 30% for all your up front commissions.

The advantage that WFG will pitch is that you can recruit and have people working under you so you can get your trailers and also a piece of other people's trailers etc.

In my opinion, if you're good enough and willing to work hard enough to make WFG work, you're better off at another firm.
Don't mean to thread jack... but... What do you guys think about Freedom 55? Pretty much the same concept as selling insurance products that people don't really need?

There's quite a bit of information sessions provided from them to my school so I'm curious what do you guys think...
ASG111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
This is a piece of crap. I went into one of the information session. This guy is telling me he went through university and became an engineer, making good money and quit to become this WTF or WFG piece of crap, making 6 digits easily.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
bump.

so i got invited to one of these meetings, and when i asked my friend what its about he said that the 'michael jordan' of this is gonna be at the meeting and he can explain it better.

do you guys know what WFG is all about? besides the fact that it's a MLM.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
ugh, i get "recruited" by this all the time
Old 03-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #17
Banned By Establishment

lol i had the samething. i was at the orientation yesterday with a friend. ppl saying they did engineer job, nursing.... and whatever and now pulling in 6 figures and working whenever they want and at most 80 hrs per month.the guy driving us to the orientation -the pushy guy was just driving a 2000 toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
This is a piece of crap. I went into one of the information session. This guy is telling me he went through university and became an engineer, making good money and quit to become this WTF or WFG piece of crap, making 6 digits easily.
smalone_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
I don't get it

if you want to succeed at this type of work, it's quite easy - rent the most expensive car before giving the seminar and make sure everyone attending realizes the rental parked outside is your car. Most of the successful scammers are able to convince the sheep they are ridiculously wealthy. The 'investors' getting duped will always tell the regulators/cops, I thought he was wealthy and successful as he drove "insert rental ferrari".
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #19
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Just went to this earlier today.
Friend brought me there...

Do yourself a favor and click this link
http://www.revscene.net/forums/searc...archid=2298491

Last edited by SpuGen; 04-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Just went to this earlier today.
Friend brought me there...

Do yourself a favor and click this link
http://www.revscene.net/forums/searc...archid=2298491
links not working for me
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Just type in Search:

WFG World Financial Group AEGON WMA

I swear I had the link correct.
I guess slammer111 cried to a mod. I had my other post deleted too
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #22
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I was just going to mention that name slammer111. He's a big fan of this pyramid and speaks highly of it.
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The one thing that kills a lot of new people with WFG is the fast start. because they basically try and steam roll you into giving up your top 2 warm market prospects and then your upline will go an make the sale and commission while you get you nothing from that. They say it's to promote you so that you'll start earning a higher commission once you finally get licensed. I would say Canada Financial is a better life insurance brokerage because they don't have such a heavy spread on commissions. WFG wants you to recruit because if you don't you make such little commission on your own production.
CoLoRs Member #26
For Good or For Awesome?
Nismo200SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #24
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I'll sgart by stating that I'm not currently working for WFG nor I'm a big fan of their structure but I do know a fair bit about it. The first thing anyone's gotta realize is WFG is an independent brokerage company so everyone in there is a self-employee. So what you see and hear from one office might not be the same idea of what they preach at another. The fast start thing the previous poster pointed out, again that's largely who u talk to. I know that at one of the offices, when u bring ur upline to ur client, commission is SPLIT 50/50 between the 2 of you even though you are not licensed or have any knowledge of what you're doing. Again, I cannot stress enough that this depends on who you work with. In order for you to start making money, u will have to put in money of ur own to enroll In courses which will allow you to take PROVINCIALLY required exams for you to start selling various products, whether it is mutual funds or insurance. To summarize things, if you have an education, or are able to study, I recommend that you stay away from WFG, however, if you have limited education and personal skill sets, and are working at a minimum wage job, this might be something you want to look into as a possible option.
Posted via RS Mobile
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote