REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Sorry another autobody thread :( (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588548-sorry-another-autobody-thread.html)

nbjovo19 09-08-2009 11:27 AM

Sorry another autobody thread :(

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences at either:

Mark's Auto Body Ltd. (PoCo)
3 - 2031 Lougheed Hwy.
Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 1A7

OR

First Class Auto Body Ltd
2902 St. Johns St
Port Moody, BC , V3H2C3

I was told by lougheed acura to go to either of these places. JUst hope if anyone can tell me if these are any good.

I have searched the forums and AK autoworks keeps coming up so has anyone gone their recently and had good work done? Since I keep finding people saying they had bubbles and uneven surfaces on their paint which I will not accept.

Thanks

!Yaminashi 09-08-2009 11:30 AM

I was told that no matter where you go (unless its really high end) you will always have little specs under your paint. Not bubbles, just bits of dirt

Dunno if this is true, but I guess it makes sense..?

thumper 09-09-2009 07:56 AM

whereabouts are you located? it would help to know that in order to possibly recommend a shop in your area (for example all the ones i know of are in richmond) because you have seattle listed as your home base :confused:

nbjovo19 09-09-2009 04:27 PM

I live in Coquitlam not too far from IKEA but I was working in Seattle when I signed up for revscene so thats why it says Seattle I just am too lazy to change it :(

Going to Richmond is no problem for me I will pretty much drive anywhere to get the best job done. I dont have a luxury car either it is just a Toyota Matrix XRS but I know one guy that works at Lougheed Acura and he suggested those 2 places.

?NR 09-09-2009 05:51 PM

New West Collision is in your neck of the woods. Pretty good workmanship.

thumper 09-09-2009 07:26 PM

^ listen to niteraven... he knows his sh*t ;)

Kilinim 09-09-2009 09:57 PM

From what I hear AK Autoworks does really great jobs. I contemplated getting some work done through them a little while ago.

Peturbo 09-09-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 6582594)
I was told that no matter where you go (unless its really high end) you will always have little specs under your paint. Not bubbles, just bits of dirt

Dunno if this is true, but I guess it makes sense..?

Yes, that always happens. But a good place will wet sand and polish all of them out after the paint has cured.

asahai69 09-10-2009 11:32 AM

one of my buddies took his car to marks autobody. when he got it back the transmission was fucked. lol. definatley wasnt him because he drives like a fucking grandma