REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Good face moisturizer for dry face (https://www.revscene.net/forums/588582-good-face-moisturizer-dry-face.html)

justYU 09-08-2009 05:19 PM

Good face moisturizer for dry face

The area around my mouth is always dry and flaky. Do any of you guys have this problem? Can anyone recommend me a good face moisturizer?

DC5-S 09-08-2009 06:21 PM

i had the same problem, but it was almost my whole face.. i tried many products but the only one that did it was Aquaphor, that I got from shoppers drug mart.. its like vaseline but water based and its meant for extremely dry skin.. leave it on overnight and itll be all gone.. works really good! dont recommend putting it on during the day cuz your face will look really shiny

Amaru 09-08-2009 07:31 PM

Cetaphil Moisturizer. It's got a greenish label and is sold at all drug stores.

There is no moisturizer on this planet that is as gentle on your skin while still being very effective. It is also oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it doesn't leave your face looking nasty like Aquaphor.

Harvey Specter 09-08-2009 07:59 PM

Acne.org has one of the best mositurizer i've ever used and I've tried tons.

Girl 09-08-2009 09:30 PM

My sister loves Aveeno and she swears by it cuz her skin is super dry.

I find that I have to switch it up between 2 every now and then. My skin gets use to the shit i throw on my face. But besides moisturizer, make sure you're drinking enough water and I know this might be too girly, but nobody would know if ur doing this at home, but a moisture mask at least once a week. Same goes for oily skins, your skin will excrete more oils if your skin is drier underneath, so start with a nice oil free moisture replenish mask.

Fobman 09-08-2009 10:14 PM

vichy?

Alphamale 09-08-2009 11:20 PM

I used to have this problem. Then one day I decided to start wiping my bf's cum off my face before I go to sleep.

Voila, problem solved!

40ft e-Peen 09-09-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6583708)
I used to have this problem. Then one day I decided to start wiping my bf's cum off my face before I go to sleep.

Voila, problem solved!

That doesn't help you douchebag.

SkinnyPupp 09-09-2009 07:49 PM

http://seeishop.hk/catalog/images/03173576701.jpg

justYU 09-10-2009 06:24 PM

thanks for the replies

^^ how much is the biotherm homme aquapower?
looks expensive

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2009 08:29 PM

$20?

keitaro 09-11-2009 12:45 AM

I get the same problem. Eventually i went to my doctor and he prescribed some creme which got rid of the problem. I now just moisturize with Cetaphil moisturizing creme to keep it moisturized. If it starts flaking again, i go back to the prescription for a night.

hal0g0dv2 09-11-2009 09:19 PM

i use lab series
there stuff is pretty quality

vancouverdc4 09-11-2009 11:57 PM

try nutraderm

ray08 09-12-2009 02:59 AM

Aveeno for me!

hotong 09-12-2009 11:06 PM

If you are in your twenties Oil of olay, aveeno and neutrogena offers moderate-priced cream. Early thirties upwards then there is the Oil of olay Regenerist line and Avon Anew to help fight the wrinkles that show up at this stage. Also use the serum in their line as well as the face wash. If you are willing to spend a little more, Shiseido BioPerformance with their Benefiance foaming face cleanser is great.Philosophy's face cleanser and Hope in a Jar are great products as well. You have to change products every couple of years or so, so that your skin gets revved up. It is better to use products from the same line because they were meant to work with each other. And the trick is to stick with a regimen and not to expect results in a day. Try this other trick, after washing your face (no bar soap, pls) do not dry it. Do not ever rub your face with a towel. The towel is way too harsh. Pat it dry instead.But the best is just leave it wet to air dry a bit. And while your face is still damp,put your cream on. That is the best trick ever.Hope this works!

Girl 09-13-2009 09:27 AM

^Awesome response.

+1 on Oil of Olay. I like the classic cream, can't go wrong and a bang for your buck. $11 for a huge ass jar.

liu13 09-13-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotong (Post 6589882)
If you are in your twenties Oil of olay, aveeno and neutrogena offers moderate-priced cream. Early thirties upwards then there is the Oil of olay Regenerist line and Avon Anew to help fight the wrinkles that show up at this stage. Also use the serum in their line as well as the face wash. If you are willing to spend a little more, Shiseido BioPerformance with their Benefiance foaming face cleanser is great.Philosophy's face cleanser and Hope in a Jar are great products as well. You have to change products every couple of years or so, so that your skin gets revved up. It is better to use products from the same line because they were meant to work with each other. And the trick is to stick with a regimen and not to expect results in a day. Try this other trick, after washing your face (no bar soap, pls) do not dry it. Do not ever rub your face with a towel. The towel is way too harsh. Pat it dry instead.But the best is just leave it wet to air dry a bit. And while your face is still damp,put your cream on. That is the best trick ever.Hope this works!

patrick bateman, is that you?

hotong 09-13-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6590232)
patrick bateman, is that you?

yup

DC5-S 09-13-2009 04:06 PM

hahaha

hal0g0dv2 09-13-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

post of the year for this thread

blkgsr 09-18-2009 08:47 AM

St Ives....good shit

willystyle 09-18-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

You sure know alot about moisturizers for a guy.

Anyway, in relevance to this topic, is it necessary to buy face moisturizers with SPF?

miss_crayon 09-26-2009 10:31 PM

i'm assuming you're a guy and as you probably know, not all lotions will work as well for a guy than a girl. male skin is naturally thicker and rougher so i'd suggest going with the male line if the brand carries it. but i'm not saying the typical everyday lotion won't work at the same time---it just depends on the person. i recently bought mrcrayon a bottle of vichy homme hydra mag c cause he suffers from a dryface with all the shaving and the natural soap/water mix guys tend to use to wash their faces. the lotion itself is a little pricey for the amount you get ($28+tax for 50ml) but it seems to work quite well from what i've seen, felt and heard. it's in a gel form so it doesn't feel too greasy on your hands/face. you can use it day or night and you can get it from shoppers!

as for myself i use lancome aqua fusion for night and jergens for the day.