REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Ubereem Mod

Putting up with crap

I know most of you all preach don't put up with bullshit, that isn't deserved of the women/guy is crap. Chuck him away, throw her out.

Sometimes it's harder said then done? Anyone had had bf/gf that turned out OKAY? After the bullshit drama section? (more then 1 time.)

Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Maybe I'm just a little tipsy but I'm confused after reading that.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Depends on what type of drama, how often it occurs and whether it's the same drama everytime.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
Hopeless Romantic

I've been on the receiving end of the drama department for the majority of my relationship... always getting hit with arguments for doing the same things the gf can get away with... and after 1 year and 9 months I think i'm starting to realize how much I don't deserve this..

but +1 to impact haha
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The following is a reply from an Anonymous Revscene member who is not the original poster... obviously

good friend of mine had a real drama queen 2 years ago, he finally had enough, set some ground rules and told her if she didnt get her head strait he would fuck off and never look back

she was better for like 2 months

hes still with her and shes crazier than ever, its just now he doesnt realize how looney she is and shes dragging him down because of it, problem is, none of us know how to break it to him
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

last gf was big time drama, couldn't take it anymore and broke it off

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The following is a reply from an Anonymous Revscene member who is not the original poster... obviously

good friend of mine had a real drama queen 2 years ago, he finally had enough, set some ground rules and told her if she didnt get her head strait he would fuck off and never look back

she was better for like 2 months

hes still with her and shes crazier than ever, its just now he doesnt realize how looney she is and shes dragging him down because of it, problem is, none of us know how to break it to him
Worst thing is after being together for so long, it's hard to say how he'd react and take it as opposed to how you're going to break it to him... if he'd put up with that much over such a long span of time it's doubtful he would just break it off if a few buddies are trying to persuade him so... People are often so blinded in relationships... myself probably being one of them at this point aha.
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

i was with a girl who was at one point just picking fights for the hell of it.

A lot of it got pretty bad, to the point where some things were said and done that was simply unforgiveable.

I was pretty blind at the time but seriously, when a line is drawn, then crossed, then cut the girl loose. Too many of my friends just keep extending that line

It's the worst thing to do.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer View Post
i was with a girl who was at one point just picking fights for the hell of it.
Been there, done that.

Had an ex who fought with me for 10 months after a tarot reading (no shit, seriously) that said there was another important woman in my life--to her,t hat meant I was cheating.

A couple weeks before I told her to fuck off, we had just finished a mid-length 4-5 hour fight, and she was falling asleep (having said her piece; me of course still awake) and said

"You know, after we have a fight, I feel so much better. I don't have to worry about it anymore. I can just relax and enjoy the time with you. But before the fight, I always worry and think 'what will it be about? when is it gonna happen?'"

I was like WTF, got some space, kicked her to the curb and moved on with my life.

So no, I never had a chick who got better after the drama.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
I know most of you all preach don't put up with bullshit, that isn't deserved of the women/guy is crap. Chuck him away, throw her out.

Sometimes it's harder said then done? Anyone had had bf/gf that turned out OKAY? After the bullshit drama section? (more then 1 time.)
Don't know about drama, but with regards to bullshit, it really depends on the woman.

I have a pretty high opinion of my self-worth and can be pretty condescending to females a lot of the times, but there are women out there who out-worth me: Women who are smarter, have more potential, and have achieved more than I have.

Those kind of women, I can accept giving me shit.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #11
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,789 Times in 980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The following is a reply from an Anonymous Revscene member who is not the original poster... obviouslynone of us know how to break it to him
Just man up and tell him what's really going on. You wouldn't want your friend to hold out on you if you were in that position.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #12
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Don't know about drama, but with regards to bullshit, it really depends on the woman.

I have a pretty high opinion of my self-worth and can be pretty condescending to females a lot of the times, but there are women out there who out-worth me: Women who are smarter, have more potential, and have achieved more than I have.

Those kind of women, I can accept giving me shit.
well usually those that give bullshit even with their potential, doesn't that come with drama?

Got an example?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
well usually those that give bullshit even with their potential, doesn't that come with drama?

Got an example?
Generally airheads and broads benefit off of me intellectually, socially and financially.

The difference with the opposite is that I benefit off them intellectually, socially or financially. With that I can put up with some bullshit.

And getting drama is different than getting crap. The difference is between dating "girls" and dating "women".
Old 09-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Drama usually keeps occuring when both sides are stubbon, refuse to change or make any scarfice. Unless one side is willing to take all the bull crap and say sorry every single time even though it's completely unreasonable....both party is just going to be mirserable trying to pretend the relationship is working.
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

it all depends on you, i don't think it's a question of "setting the line" for her. in your case, it sounds more like you need to decide if putting up w/her crap is better/worse than being single.

as you can see a lot of ppl would rather be miserable than single.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
as you can see a lot of ppl would rather be miserable than single.
Not necessarily. It's more like: The crap you can put up with is relative to the benefits you receive.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Not necessarily. It's more like: The crap you can put up with is relative to the benefits you receive.
benefits that you wouldn't necessarily receive when you are single
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #18

Quote:
+1... I would've worded it differently but it's the same idea

To the OP, yeah, I have. Usually at the beginning of relationships, especially if you're both strong headed and always want your own way, it can be a bit of a battle (aka. dishing out crap, taking crap, etc.) till you both find a compromise, and know where you stand with one another...especially since most females tend to want to know exactly how much they can get away with at a very early stage... even when they consciously know they are being totally unreasonable, they still want to see if you will put up with it anyways

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
+1... I would've worded it differently but it's the same idea

To the OP, yeah, I have. Usually at the beginning of relationships, especially if you're both strong headed and always want your own way, it can be a bit of a battle (aka. dishing out crap, taking crap, etc.) till you both find a compromise, and know where you stand with one another...especially since most females tend to want to know exactly how much they can get away with at a very early stage... even when they consciously know they are being totally unreasonable, they still want to see if you will put up with it anyways
don't you think though, you never want to put up with this crap, so forget about it.

The crap gets pretty bad, and especially one sided.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #20
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
had it happen with several girls, never recovered. Now I'm bitter and don't hold much respect for women.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

just casue you dont respect em, doesnt mean you cant bang em

if i ever meet a woman i do respect again, ill marry her haha
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
RS controls my life!

My boyfriend and I use to fight all the time.. We love each other a lot but there are a lot of things we don't agree upon. But after a couple times where we fought pretty bad.. we realize we don't want this for our relationship so we just decided to work things out. the fact that we admit that both of us have problems and knowing it, really helped. If people don't change and continue fighting in the relationship, then there is no reason to stay together because you're suppose to love each other
but it's hard.. because people are always asking for more than they already have~
ra1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #23
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

One of my golden rules in life:

Forgive once
Forget twice
Fall-out thrice

Letting go of the situation does not mean quitting. It just means that you have enough of the drama and ready to start a fresh phase of life. :-p
AppleSugary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSugary View Post
One of my golden rules in life:

Forgive once
Forget twice
Fall-out thrice

Letting go of the situation does not mean quitting. It just means that you have enough of the drama and ready to start a fresh phase of life. :-p
3 Strike rule? Putting up with crap is a general term. Do you mean that you only afford a guy 2 times to anger you and he's out?

What else other golden rules you have?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #25
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
3 Strike rule? Putting up with crap is a general term. Do you mean that you only afford a guy 2 times to anger you and he's out?
If thats the case enjoy life alone
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote