REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   where to find disney the lion king dvd's (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589047-where-find-disney-lion-king-dvds.html)

thumper 09-12-2009 03:41 PM

where to find disney the lion king dvd's

hi. didn't know where to post this.

my niece is leaving in a week after visiting for the summer. she's really into disney stuff, especially anything related to the lion king.

i'm trying to find her the dvd's for part one and two locally, but i don't know where to start. the regular places like future shop or best buy do not have it.

i'm hoping someone here has kids or knows something i don't... can anyone help tell me where to go? :confused:

nabs 09-12-2009 04:07 PM

once they go back in disney vault its hard to find unfortunately, :(. Try looking in toys r us or even blockbuster.

They are only re released on anniversaries, like 10th anni or 15th anni.

thumper 09-12-2009 05:15 PM

yeah i'm realizing that now... i could only find a few on ebay, but almost all are from the US and shipping will either be too late or too expensive :(

someone tells me that there is a disney store somewhere in metrotown or metropolis? i've never paid attention to it... is this true?

StylinRed 09-12-2009 06:57 PM

you'll have to look at things like craigslist

Lion King blu-ray comes out next year, i know it doesnt help but just fyi :)

Manic! 09-12-2009 07:00 PM

Call up some pawn shops.

Fafine 09-12-2009 07:04 PM

check hmv? i bought a copy couple years ago but i can't seem to find it LOL i wanted to watch it too

nabs 09-12-2009 07:05 PM

disney store oddly enough doesn't carry the movies. there is one at metro though.

Hondaracer 09-12-2009 07:09 PM

^ they dont carry the movies because they only release them on anniverseires as has been stated

JHuJHu 09-12-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 6589502)
yeah i'm realizing that now... i could only find a few on ebay, but almost all are from the US and shipping will either be too late or too expensive :(

someone tells me that there is a disney store somewhere in metrotown or metropolis? i've never paid attention to it... is this true?

yup there is a disney store. its close to winners and by the theater

thumper 09-12-2009 07:37 PM

thanks for the craigslist suggestion but i don't want to give a used gift :(

hmv does have it a listing for it online, but there is nothing in stock.

i better start bidding on the ebay ones i guess and splurge on rush shipping... nothing worse than a pissed off 6 year old niece :lol

winson604 09-13-2009 12:38 AM

If you can wait a few days i'll ask my co worker when I get back to work on Tuesday and hopefully she can help.

She was in the same situation last week in regards to Cinderella. Found a guy on ebay who is from Coquitlam who sold some Disney movies. He was more then willing to just meet up with her to do the exchange. Otherwise yea craigslist, pawn shops, flea market are other options and no they won't all be used.

StylinRed 09-13-2009 03:11 AM

or you can just download the dvd burn it, print a label for the disc and print a label for the dvd case and seal it in a case ^^

thumper 09-13-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6590071)
or you can just download the dvd burn it, print a label for the disc and print a label for the dvd case and seal it in a case ^^

lol dude that's worse than re-gifiting! :lol

thumper 09-13-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 6589984)
If you can wait a few days i'll ask my co worker when I get back to work on Tuesday and hopefully she can help.

She was in the same situation last week in regards to Cinderella. Found a guy on ebay who is from Coquitlam who sold some Disney movies. He was more then willing to just meet up with her to do the exchange. Otherwise yea craigslist, pawn shops, flea market are other options and no they won't all be used.

i appreciate that thanks :thumbsup:

her flight out is wednesday night so here's hoping for a miracle :o

unit 09-13-2009 05:14 PM

right here:

http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm