REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   General Rule for Prohibition? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/589318-general-rule-prohibition.html)

jackmeister 09-15-2009 08:42 AM

General Rule for Prohibition?

Hey guys I just wanted to ask something about speeding tickets / suspension etc. I looked around the forum and couldnt find a good answer

So back in the day (2004 Nov) I received an Excessive Speeding ticket while N but i was lucky to be out only on probation.

fast forward, last year (oct 2008) i got dinged for speeding (1-20km) on marine drive. whatever, i sped, so i paid it up.

last month (aug 2009), i received a speeding ticket (1-20km) + crossing on solid white line, but i was only going at the speed of traffic and i got unlucky because i happened to be right in front of the cop. I am contemplating whether to dispute this one. The officer was nice about it so its nothing against him.

taking this kind of record into consideration, would it be possible for a prohibition? i need to drive for work.

thanks in advance.

wing_woo 09-15-2009 10:25 AM

What are you disputing though? You sped and you admitted it. Although, I do understand that going the traffic flow seems to be the normal thing to do, but because you really did speed, then the JP can't really do much about it even if you go to court. As for suspension, are you on N or do you have your full Class 5 license?

jackmeister 09-15-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing_woo (Post 6593461)
What are you disputing though? You sped and you admitted it. Although, I do understand that going the traffic flow seems to be the normal thing to do, but because you really did speed, then the JP can't really do much about it even if you go to court. As for suspension, are you on N or do you have your full Class 5 license?

class 5, i got it after i got the first ticket

the speed part im probably doing 90 in 80 zone? northbound right lane on knight street right before bridgeport where people merge out from (near ikea at that big turn)

wing_woo 09-15-2009 11:49 AM

Unfortunately, 90 in 80 zone is still speeding. If you are a Class 5, and you got 2 speeding tickets, then you 'should' be ok, but anything can happen if they decide to review your record. Also, I don't know what you got for crossing the solid white line. I'm guessing you have a total of 9 points now (2 speeding and one other infraction)? I think, but don't quote me on it, but with a Class 5, 9 points won't get you suspended unless you did something like excessive speeding or so. However, if you still had an N, then you'd be most likely looking at a suspension with that.

skidmark 09-15-2009 07:35 PM

The guide to sanctions by the Superintendent based on points is in the sticky "how many points do I get for..."

hear-it-first 09-18-2009 07:57 PM

While on probation with a Class 7N, any violation ticket with points (such as simple speeding) will eventually have that license prohibited, is that right?

xpl0sive 09-21-2009 01:06 PM

you get prohibited after receiving 4 points on your license if you have a Class 7N. A speeding ticket is 3 points. Most other tickets are two points, and then the big tickets and 4 point and up. so, if you get one simple speeding ticket while you have your N, you do not get prohibited. Get a tticket for anything else, you los your license and have to start your N all over again... If you have a class 5, you will not lose your license for 4 points... heck it took 10 points in a year for me to lose mine... to the OP, you will be fine, you don't have to dispute the last ticket if you don't want to