REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Whats there to do? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590230-%5Bconfidential%5D-whats-there-do.html)

El Bastardo 09-22-2009 07:55 PM

[Confidential] Whats there to do?

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

I don't know what to do here. When ever my gf and I get into a argument. She brings up her ex saying that he cares more and all and ask her to go places when where she is needed to go. She said she says it out of anger. Even though she says it out of anger, it still bugs me. She brings up the ex because she says I don't care about her when I do.

Anyone with past experience on this? or any suggestions on what to do?

El Bastardo 09-22-2009 07:56 PM

This is me, not the OP talking:

Dude. If she likes the ex so much tell her to GTFO and go back to him. Life is too short to be with a woman who keeps looking in her rear view mirror.

butter_sashimi 09-22-2009 08:03 PM

How would she like if you mentioned your own ex? Turn the tables. Other than that, its like how El Bastardo said.

winson604 09-22-2009 08:12 PM

Thread can be closed because El Bastardo nailed it. Any SO who constantly brings up their ex being better and I don't care if it's out of anger needs to go. Period!

jtanner_ 09-22-2009 08:16 PM

I agree with the above...

I mean honestly, even if she's saying it out of anger, there are some things that still just shouldn't be said. This is one of those things, and it's a low blow. I mean sure you may let it slide the first time, but you're saying this happens every time you argue... and you don't deserve that.

jeffh 09-22-2009 09:39 PM

how do you feel when she says this? it would killl me. kick her to the curb
you will be much happier in 6 months

impactX 09-22-2009 09:50 PM

Start bringing up your ex and talk about how awesome the sex was.

jtanner_ 09-22-2009 09:52 PM

I definitely don't think that the right thing to do is reciprocate... But you always can for kicks. Do it for the lols... but expect to start another argument. If things don't change you're going to have to realize that you're probably going around in circles, taking turns hitting each other back again and again. Might want to consider ending it before it gets worse...

How long have you both been dating? How long was it you two started dating after she broke up with her ex?

asian_XL 09-22-2009 10:12 PM

OP is a jerk, you should learn how to spend more time with your gf.

You can't just blame her saying that, it might be true that you are a fucking slacker who think your gf is just a piece of sex toy.

miss_crayon 09-22-2009 10:55 PM

i personally feel that even though she is bringing up her ex..it doesn't necessarily mean she wants him back or anything. she's bringing him up to hurt you and use it against you as a threat. she's harsh disrespecting you and i think it's something you should bring up with her. if you talk to her about it and she still does it..then perhaps you should tell her to take the first ride back to the ex-ville cause you shouldn't have to put up with that.

butter_sashimi 09-22-2009 11:09 PM

Did Asian_XL turn into some male feminist?

acyx 09-22-2009 11:14 PM

^
i agree.. completely disrespectful and rude
it's not okay..

tell her to go back to her ex if hes so much better

she'd go crazy if u pulled the same card on her

hotjoint 09-23-2009 06:44 AM

like everyone said above, talk about ur ex when she says shit like that

!Yaminashi 09-23-2009 08:57 AM

LOL @ "who think your gf is just a piece of sex toy."

But anyway like everyone else said, let her know how you feel about it or get rid of her.
I'm willing to bet money she wouldnt like it if you brought up YOUR ex everytime you guys fought.

Also, this line confuses me and angers me because I cant for the life of me figure out what you're trying to say.

"ask her to go places when where she is needed to go"

Noir 09-23-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Hines (Post 6605901)
"ask her to go places when where she is needed to go"

My best guess is: Exbf asks her if she needs rides to wherever she needs to go; work, friends, functions, etc.

Sounds like one of those exbfs that buy their gfs by overly princessing them to death.

danlee78 09-23-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 6605314)
This is me, not the OP talking:

Dude. If she likes the ex so much tell her to GTFO and go back to him. Life is too short to be with a woman who keeps looking in her rear view mirror.

That pretty much sums what I was gonna say. There must be another reason why she brings up her "ex" up all the time, and guess what: it's not outta anger, she's carrying a torch for him still~

asian_XL 09-23-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butter_sashimi (Post 6605602)
Did Asian_XL turn into some male feminist?

fuck no, but I have seen countless guys treat their gfs like shit, then rant about their gfs alway complain.

let's say your gf is hot, stays in the kitchen, and drives you around, do you complain about it?

ra1nn 09-24-2009 10:23 AM

your gf is just making up excuses for thinking about her ex..
i think no matter what argument you're in, it's not excuse
to bring up your ex because you're with someone else!
comparing your ex to the one you're with now is just not
reasonable

E=mc˛ 09-24-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6606351)
fuck no, but I have seen countless guys treat their gfs like shit, then rant about their gfs alway complain.

let's say your gf is hot, stays in the kitchen, and drives you around, do you complain about it?

I agree with the first line. It sickens me how these idiots end up getting girls in the first place and then take no responsibility to be a good bf. Of course there's the opposite extreme, but we're talking about dudes here.

I don't get the second line.

6793026 09-24-2009 02:46 PM

errrrrrrr asian XL ? really?
No matter who is right or who is wrong, no one should ever bring up the 'My X was better than you' card everrrrrrrrrrr.

If your gf said it once then yeah, it's ok, maybe forgive her and say "to this day, it still bothers me." (lay down the guilt trip card) However, if your gf is a bitch and pulls out that type of attitute / mentality, i would go rampage and dump her.

for to add. the moment i dump her, i woudl say, F UUUUU, my X was so much better in bed than you ever was, or something to that effect.

Kamui712 09-24-2009 04:24 PM

1. you're letting some guy weasle his way in and you're getting pissed off at your gf.
2. your gf is passive aggressively threatening you.
3. you both are immature

you can't get mad at your gf for saying that there's another guy that's willing to satisfy her needs, that's your problem and his. She's just being the highschool attention whore that most girls are.

asian_XL 09-24-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6607780)
errrrrrrr asian XL ? really?
No matter who is right or who is wrong, no one should ever bring up the 'My X was better than you' card everrrrrrrrrrr.

If your gf said it once then yeah, it's ok, maybe forgive her and say "to this day, it still bothers me." (lay down the guilt trip card) However, if your gf is a bitch and pulls out that type of attitute / mentality, i would go rampage and dump her.

for to add. the moment i dump her, i woudl say, F UUUUU, my X was so much better in bed than you ever was, or something to that effect.

let's say you are a great bf, there shouldn't be any complaint or comparison.

I am sure at the point a girl says "my ex is better than you", she has thought
about breaking up with the guy already. Who dumps who means nothing
anymore, the relationship has gone bad.

My suggestion to OP is to go break up with her, it should be a win-win
situation.

Noir 09-25-2009 08:29 AM

^^^

There's your example, and there's also a shit ton of girls out there who's exbfs and (ppl trying to be bfs) who put them in a pedestal.

Needless to say, they have some pretty high expectations, and some guys have raised the bar way too high in a bid to buy her affection. You'd be surprised how common this can be. The best thing to do at this situation is to knock her down from her perch, or risk having her step on people for the rest of her life because she feels her social status grants her special entitlement.

Lil Bastrd 09-25-2009 12:39 PM

Really you are listening to this more then once ??
I would just say then "if they were so much better then me, why aren't you still with them?" Then go find someone who appreciates you.