REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Backlight tinting (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590272-backlight-tinting.html)

Ranterok 09-23-2009 05:55 AM

Backlight tinting

is it illegal, i heard its legal if reverse lights are clear,
if so
where are good shops to get it done? and what do you think average price is?

i was thinking of just vht nightshading it my self, but i have no luck finding it in b.c

SumAznGuy 09-23-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranterok (Post 6605776)
is it illegal, i heard its legal if reverse lights are clear,
if so
where are good shops to get it done? and what do you think average price is?

i was thinking of just vht nightshading it my self, but i have no luck finding it in b.c

But why would you want to do this? You reduce the visability of your tail lights in the day, so people can't see your brake lights when you are stopping.

As well, it reduces the reflectiveness of the tail lights, again reducing the ability to see your tail lights.

Lastly, yes it is illegal to do that.

shenmecar 09-24-2009 09:50 AM

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1922877_n.jpg

Can you see if his turn signal lights are actually flashing? They are actually on, but because it is smoked, it is very hard to see. Even the LED brake lights are so dim.

Yes I know theres a crack on my windshield.

jackmeister 09-24-2009 12:59 PM

is that where you work? i work in that area too.

but shit, anyone that tints their brake/reverse/signal lights deserve to get rear ended.

illicitstylz 09-24-2009 09:12 PM

So basically if you see the guy ahead of you has tinted tail lights, you can " accidentally " bump into him and point out it was because of tinted tail lights and they'd be at fault?

What a great way to get my front bumper done lol

jmak711 09-24-2009 10:34 PM

you can get it at metrotown autoworld for 22.99

whitescirocco 09-25-2009 03:44 PM

If you are wanting to get your tail's tinted do it right!!! Go to a body shop and ask them if they will spray a tinted clear coat that is tinted black. Doing it this way allows them to lightly tint the lamps and still retain the brightness if done correct.

I did this on my Toyota before and three light coats did the trick, not to dark at all :)

Ranterok 09-26-2009 12:59 PM

we'll 3d sound near brentwood mall said, for 60bucks they will tint my taillights

asdfpic 01-14-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranterok (Post 6609940)
we'll 3d sound near brentwood mall said, for 60bucks they will tint my taillights

60 seems oddly cheap
did you ever get it done ranterok

Ranterok 01-14-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfpic (Post 6770344)
60 seems oddly cheap
did you ever get it done ranterok

not yet, im considering it still (just got my car back), but im stopping by there tom and talking to them about a new starter, ill let u know

youngmasterzack 06-24-2010 02:12 AM

hey guys, ive had this tinted tail light ever since i got the car..

ive been pulled over twice but not a word from my tail lights. i know for a fact that its illegal to apply anything to your tail lights.

but honestly my lights are still visible (night/day) so even though im getting lots of warning from my friend regarding my tint, i still insist of keeping it.

and also tinting it rather than permanently smoking it seems to be the safest just in case you get pulled over by a brutal officer.

so now im saving up for a tail light replacement just in case they really get tight regarding tinting.

Jgresch 06-24-2010 04:50 AM

tinted taillights was amusing for a couple weeks. Mine are pretty dark, but cleared well. You can see my brake lights fine during the day, as well as my signals/tail lights during night. The downside, and reason I want to switch back to oem is because my signals are hard to pick up if the sun is very bright. Most days are fine, but now that it's summer I have to give a ton of room when turning.

I've never been hassled since I got them re-done/cleared

Fafine 06-24-2010 09:37 AM

^ did you use vinyl or spray tinted?