REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   DJ Tiesto - Kaleidoscope (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590413-dj-tiesto-kaleidoscope.html)

bossxx 09-24-2009 10:37 AM

DJ Tiesto - Kaleidoscope

Album is leaked except you hear a few subliminal messages in it haha.. love this new sound from him. Apparently this album is based on some indi rock bands he had been listening to from around the world. Some which are Canadian artists. Anyway after a good listen the second time around I fell in love with these tracks.

Knock You Out
Century
Escape Me
Who Wants To Be Alone

Anywayy just my .02

-SPiKE- 09-24-2009 02:21 PM

This album is HORRIBLE.
I used to be a Tiesto fan, but wow, the music he produces now is just garbage.
It's way too commercial, so people who don't even like trance will listen to it and like it.
The pop and electro influences are too strong; even though the base genre is trance, i still don't consider it "trance music".
I hope someday he goes back to his roots and produces music with his oldschool sound.
With all this being said, I'm still going to see him in November @ PNE, coz i know he will rip it up, he is AMAZING live. With a 4 hour set, he's sure to drop some classics.
Elements of Life @ GM Place was one of the best events EVER!

Simulated 09-24-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -SPiKE- (Post 6607743)
This album is HORRIBLE.
I used to be a Tiesto fan, but wow, the music he produces now is just garbage.
It's way too commercial, so people who don't even like trance will listen to it and like it.
The pop and electro influences are too strong; even though the base genre is trance, i still don't consider it "trance music".
I hope someday he goes back to his roots and produces music with his oldschool sound.
With all this being said, I'm still going to see him in November @ PNE, coz i know he will rip it up, he is AMAZING live. With a 4 hour set, he's sure to drop some classics.
Elements of Life @ GM Place was one of the best events EVER!

unfortunately, i don't think tiesto is coming back with his old influences. he's appealing to a much wider audience now with his mainstream sounds.

there aren't many big trance artists that have remained true to the genre. for me, the only exception has been ferry corsten.

BlackV62K2 09-24-2009 02:55 PM

You will notice that all the big DJ/Producers's (not just trance DJ/Producer's) now collaborate with other artist (some not so mainstream) on their new tracks. Why? To get a larger fan base, although this pisses off the fans that have been following that producer from the early years of their career. You see the lesser known DJ/Producer's sticking to the roots more than the well known ones.

bossxx 09-24-2009 05:19 PM

hmm I agree the sound to this album is not like his old stuff. But i figured all great artists evolve and try new sounds. Maybe to get new fans or maybe to keep ppl on their feet.. or maybe just to make more money (become mainstream).. I guess this is open to argument.

Ch28 10-06-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 6607791)
You will notice that all the big DJ/Producers's (not just trance DJ/Producer's) now collaborate with other artist (some not so mainstream) on their new tracks. Why? To get a larger fan base, although this pisses off the fans that have been following that producer from the early years of their career. You see the lesser known DJ/Producer's sticking to the roots more than the well known ones.

+1

Got it today and I'm enjoying it.

Vansterdam 10-06-2009 08:16 PM

not feeling the new cd

m4k4v4li 10-06-2009 10:11 PM

lol ferry? could have said armin

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-07-2009 04:22 AM

times change, you have to keep up or you'll be left behind.

i like all kinds of electronic.

it's still electronic, and for being electronic, it's not bad. i like it.

Simply_Corrupt 10-07-2009 06:23 AM

I would say Markus Schulz has stayed pretty true to his original sound, Toronto 09 was a great album.....

With everything else, electronic and trance are mixing into the mainstream now you can see it with all the new beats that hip/hop is using. Tiesto's just trying to get a piece of that pie now, if you can expose yourself to a wider audience then why not.

Chairman Kaga 10-07-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply_Corrupt (Post 6624801)
With everything else, electronic and trance are mixing into the mainstream now you can see it with all the new beats that hip/hop is using. Tiesto's just trying to get a piece of that pie now, if you can expose yourself to a wider audience then why not.

:werd:

win/win for both sides

he makes more $ and gets more exposure
we get more tunes to listen to

teddyah 10-07-2009 03:23 PM

Tiesto is def venturing into a new sound trying to appeal to a much wider demo.. which is making his trance fans very angry!!!!!!!!!!!

on another note, here's a treat before christmas!!!
COSMIC GATE - Dec. 19th @ Red Room
http://www.clubzone.com/events/Vanco...ka-COSMIC-GATE

ienhz 10-07-2009 03:49 PM

i was thinking wtf when i saw nelly furtado on the cd
but the song isn't too bad actually

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-08-2009 03:32 AM

the last track is sooo fucking chill, surrounded by light, i wish it was a 10minute track instead!

fresh fruit is also a sweet track... gotta listen to more of it, so far those are the only two that really really stood out as different, or evoking the most emotion, or whatever you want to call it.

m4k4v4li 10-08-2009 11:25 PM

anyone got a link to album

illicitstylz 10-10-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6627846)
anyone got a link to album

http://thepiratebay.org/search/tiesto+kaleidoscope

i'm liking it, definitely takes a second listen.

you are my diamond, i will be here, century, ending of kaleidoscope

Arislo 10-12-2009 11:31 AM

I was told that he left Blackhole Recordings to Warner!

Amaru 10-19-2009 04:18 PM

WOW.... the song with Nelly Furtado is an absolute atrocity. Her voice is so painful on an EDM track.

This album definitely has some interesting tracks, but compared even to his previous production album I think it's fairly rubbish.

Listening to some of Tiesto's latest ClubLife podcasts makes me want to stab my eyes out. The latest one starts with two remixes: first Metric, then Kings of Leon. Two episodes ago it was Franz Ferdinand and Empire of the Sun (although that track is sick).

Anyway, I am totally cool with the changing sounds of EDM and I really like a lot of these new vocal tracks... but come on, is it still really trance music if you just add a fast bass line to an indy rock track?

triplexcel 10-19-2009 05:47 PM

this album sounds like every other electronic album there is..

tiesto is not tiesto anymore.

tonyvu 10-19-2009 08:17 PM

Tiesto hands down will always be remembered as THE king of trance.

but recently hes lost his touch... bring it back KING..

Amaru 10-20-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyvu (Post 6643047)
Tiesto hands down will always be remembered as THE king of trance.

Armin? Oakenfold? Paul van Dyk?

IMHO, if you've been listening to the music for a while, you'd probably say that Tiesto is a huge reason why the genre has become more popular... but I don't know if he's really the "king".

Obviously it's all subjective, but Tiesto is not necessarily the unanimous "King" imho.

tonyvu 10-20-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaru (Post 6645141)
Armin? Oakenfold? Paul van Dyk?

IMHO, if you've been listening to the music for a while, you'd probably say that Tiesto is a huge reason why the genre has become more popular... but I don't know if he's really the "king".

Obviously it's all subjective, but Tiesto is not necessarily the unanimous "King" imho.

I would have to object, because sure Armin, PVD(not a big fan), ferry were in the trance scene too, but Tiesto was King back in the day. Now everyone is favoring Armin because he's consistent with his music, tiesto not so much. Tiesto was top for a LONG time, but times changed and so did his style.:cry:

Ulic Qel-Droma 10-21-2009 03:33 AM

the king of what? trance?

the king of EDM should be someone who can produce any kind of EDM.

The closest thing to that right now is Ferry Corsten.

if you can only produce one kind of specific sound, that is defined by a larger genre, what makes him king of a WHOLE genre? This album is his first album where he's really expanded into Electro and progressive sounds, and of course people aren't going to like it, most of his fans are trance heads.

so i've listened to this shit like 10 billion times, and of course I usually listen to the whole album a few times before I even look at the track names, or who's featured. I think people get really biased when they don't like a particular artist or whatever. I rate them in this order.

1. "Kaleidoscope" (featuring Jónsi)
2. "Surrounded By Light"
3. "Here On Earth" (featuring Cary Brothers) & "Always Near" (They're perfectly linked together, I consider them one track)
4. "I Will Be Here" (with Sneaky Sound System)
5. "Fresh Fruit"
6. "I Am Strong" (featuring Priscilla Ahn)
7. "Escape Me" (featuring CC Sheffield)
8. "Louder Than Boom"
9. "You Are My Diamond" (featuring Kianna)
10. "Knock You Out" (featuring Emily Haines)
11. "Century" (featuring Calvin Harris)
12. "Feel It In My Bones" (featuring Tegan & Sara)
13. "It's Not The Things You Say" (featuring Kele Okereke)
14. "LA Ride"
15. "Bend It Like You Don't Care"
16. "Who Wants To Be Alone" (featuring Nelly Furtado)

on wiki it says itunes version of the album has these two extra tracks..
iTunes Bonus Tracks:

18. "Organised Chaos"
19. "Bad Behavior" (featuring Dizzee Rascal)

... so... who has em? HAH! (320kbps)