REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Review:Sushi Jyo (https://www.revscene.net/forums/590908-review-sushi-jyo.html)

bjayy 09-28-2009 09:53 PM

Review:Sushi Jyo

Its been a while. BUT ENJOY

Yoo, Whats good??

Anyways, Yeah, been a while. Once again. Apologies for inconsistency. Its just been mad busy. You know how it is, work, dance, personal time, women, relatives and the list goes on.

So, random day...Didn't think the two baby boys in my house would have no school. So I ended up with Babysitting duty, and then BAM. We find ourselves in Guildford Town Centre. Yeah I know..Im in Guildford Alot eh?

Anyways, Sushi Jyo. The workers there...There actually Japanese... AHAHAHAH Well the ones on shift when we stepped in. For those that don't know, Its located in Surrey, in Guildford Town Centre, Downstairs where the sears area is, and the entrance to the bus loop going toward Surrey Central.

Anyways, went in, pretty nice compared to anywhere else in the mall to eat...Nice little entrance, and smiles everywhere. I like that.

Imma keep it short. So Wanyae, being the one in love with anything crunchy, he decides upon the Tempura Bento...for the Price of 7.25 for the whole box...you know he'd leave happy weather the food was just decent to outstanding.

Yeah...looks pretty filling eh? Well Wanyae eats alot...and yeah, He got full half way through. You can't really see with the quality of the camera and angle, but it did have include a large portion of salad which was just standard Issue in flavor. A good crunch in every bite, so at least you can say the veg was fresh. Rolls were really filling as the rice and imitation crab were porportioned quite well I may say. Also included was a tiny spring roll...and yeah, nothing special. In fact, a tad on the oily side. Now onto the main attraction of the dish, the Tempura. The Yam tempura was pretty darn awesome. In stead of just slicing them into pieces, they shread, batter and deep fry it into a round nest. It also came with 2 really big Ebi tempura pieces as well as the assorted veg...For the price...Really good. I mean, it does its job, and satisfies that Japanese food craving we always have.

No onto baby boy Joshwel, He felt like rice. So he opted for the Chicken Teriyaki Bento. For 6.45...Yeah..I know. Thats a steal.

So yeah, looks pretty similar...You know what? This actually reminds me of Sashimi Sushi? Any realation? I have no clue. But Anyways, didn't really get to try any of it. BUT he gave it 2 thumbs up and a big bloated stomach. haha This time though, it came with a gyoza. Crunchy, and warm, really really good. Well worth the under 10 bucks.

So here's mine. I thought I should get something different, so I opted for the Chicken Karrage Bento. Whats the difference? Karrage is deep fried. And for 6.45, again, its pretty much a steal.

It don't look like much. Infact everythings the same except its Chicken Karrage where as the Chicken Teriyaki. Crunchy, and very filling. Right amount of teriyaki, topped with seseme seeds, A pretty decent meal.

Overall, its nothing too special, but price wize, makes it gem to me. So you hungry students getting off at guildford after a long day of school, check it. Its good, and its realiable on quality.

Although, I strongly feel this has similar tastes and presenation as Sashimi Sushi, its still a steal for us cheap teens/adults these days.

7/10 Only cause its decent taste, and nothing really special to pop out except on price.

Take it Easy, and Handling my business like always,

See you soon.

SOURCE & PICS: Eat Learn Eat