REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Police cars at 6 in the morning? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/591123-police-cars-6-morning.html)

ilvtofu 09-30-2009 02:12 PM

Police cars at 6 in the morning?

So on sunday, I was heading out to autoX in my Z31,
On around Main I was driving eastbound on 33rd, and it was a green light, as I proceeded through the intersection two police ford excursions almost T boned me, I ended up driving between the first and second cars,

The sirens were on but were very quiet, I can normally hear sirens from at least 5 blocks away, and the stereo wasn't even on, My brother was driving at the time and neither of us heard it, he has excellent vision and hearing, me not so much :P Had we been hit we would be dead meat for sure.

But anyways, are the cops trying to be considerate to the neighbours because it's so early in the morning and they don't want to wake anyone up?

SumAznGuy 09-30-2009 02:45 PM

Yes, yes they are. Cranky neighbours will call into the police station to complain.

ilvtofu 09-30-2009 02:58 PM

Well this is really dangerous to drivers :(

I got lucky, but hey if someone actually got t-boned by a police excursion, they're toast

SumAznGuy 09-30-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6615725)
Well this is really dangerous to drivers :(

I got lucky, but hey if someone actually got t-boned by a police excursion, they're toast

But my uninterupted beauty sleep is more important than the safety of the people on the streets. :mad:

tiger_handheld 09-30-2009 03:36 PM

u could've sued the VPD , and had a good life as a quadriplegic.

SumAznGuy 09-30-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6615789)
u could've sued the VPD , and had a good life as a quadriplegic.

$$$$ and then we would all win. :eek:

ilvtofu 09-30-2009 03:49 PM

then how would I drive? :cry:
I would sue them big time if I had become a quadriplegic since my joy and motivation for life would be that much harder to achieve
But most likely I'd be dead, keep in mind that I drive a 20 year old T-Top nissan :eek:

sebberry 09-30-2009 05:48 PM

Doesn't policy dictate that they should activate the siren when running a red light? Or at least slow down to ensure nobody is coming through?

JHatta 09-30-2009 06:54 PM

^ policy probably says a lot of things.

cops shouldn't do a lot of things, ie speeding

cops are humans too

underscore 09-30-2009 08:51 PM

you know, I had a similar thing happen, however it was during the evening and I was one of the few cars on the highway, approaching a light that had just turned green and had a big SUV still stopped at it. I thought the SUV just didn't notice the light had changed but they were actually waiting for the cop car running lights but no siren to blow the red and make a left. Now since I didn't have the same line of sight at the SUV I didn't see this police car coming until it was already entering the intersection shortly ahead of me, so I had to go to full brakes and swerve to avoid t-boning it. No I was not speeding and my stereo was off so.... I don't mind cops blowing lights but they really need to use the siren.

impactX 09-30-2009 09:34 PM

ERT

ilvtofu 10-01-2009 07:18 AM

^oh, but they had sirens just insufficient useless ones.

Gridlock 10-03-2009 05:43 PM

They do the same thing up 8th street in New West. I'm waiting for someone to get smoked by a cop at the crosswalk at the corner. That body will fly.