REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 10-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

[help] What do I need?

I have some medium scratches on my car that I want to buffer out but I'm clueless as to which products are essential for this. I have everything up until the claybar stage. What do I need after claybar? polish? some specific products would be really helpful.
Advertisement
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
retired

for scratches, providing they haven't gone through the clear, a more abrasive pad + rubbing compound would work. I personally use a wool pad + rubbing compound for scratches, then a glaze pad + glaze to restore it after.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
d1

Any specific brands or product names? Also, where do you order from?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Meguiar's M105 and M205
eshine has them
eFx[A2C] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #5

order Menzerna from Autowerkes Exclusive, ask ken if you don't know which Menzerna product you need.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1 View Post
I have some medium scratches on my car that I want to buffer out but I'm clueless as to which products are essential for this. I have everything up until the claybar stage. What do I need after claybar? polish? some specific products would be really helpful.
It will all depend on how deep they are. Do you have a polisher? Depending on how deep they are, you may be able to get away with Menz Power Finish or Gloss it Extreme Cut. Can you come by my shop and we could try a few polishes to see what works for you?
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
d1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911fanatic View Post
It will all depend on how deep they are. Do you have a polisher? Depending on how deep they are, you may be able to get away with Menz Power Finish or Gloss it Extreme Cut. Can you come by my shop and we could try a few polishes to see what works for you?
I don't have a polisher but I intend to buy one soon. I'd love to drop by your shop - are you open tomorrow?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1 View Post
I don't have a polisher but I intend to buy one soon. I'd love to drop by your shop - are you open tomorrow?
I'm working in Port Moody until around 1 and should be back at the shop by 2 for the rest of the day. I will also be around on Monday for part of the day. Just call my cell at 604.561.5121
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote