REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Halloween Firework Laws (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592157-halloween-firework-laws.html)

sgenio 10-09-2009 05:32 PM

Halloween Firework Laws

This obviously isnt about cars, but I'm hoping that someone can let me know if fireworks will continue to be legal this year or if i need a permit. Every year I buy consumer fireworks to set off on my property, and I'd like to do the same this year if its still legal. Any help or input on this is appreciated. Thanks!

ray666 10-09-2009 05:55 PM

depends on your municipality.

sho_bc 10-09-2009 06:02 PM

Check your local bylaws. In Richmond, it is illegal with something like a $275 fine.

sgenio 10-09-2009 06:02 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm wondering about the laws in Burnaby. I've tried looking around the internet but so far, I havent been able to find anything!

sho_bc 10-09-2009 06:09 PM

I wasn't able to find anything. Best bet is to call Burnaby and ask.

skidmark 10-09-2009 06:43 PM

Looks like it is here:

http://burnaby.fileprosite.com/conte...t.asp?id=12569

sgenio 10-09-2009 08:13 PM

Thanks! It looks like i'm in the clear for this year!

chris_89T 10-14-2009 06:13 PM

Sucks all the idiots ruined it for everyone else. Haloween just isnt the same without fireworks anymore!

Then again its probably for a good reason. The amount of parents who let there little kids light roman candles off while holding them in their hands disgusted me. Ive seen so many of those things blow out the side. That and they freak out and panic and point them at peoples houses.

omega_cc 10-14-2009 09:56 PM

hmm anyone know what the laws are for vancouver?

sgenio 10-15-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_89T (Post 6635386)
Sucks all the idiots ruined it for everyone else. Haloween just isnt the same without fireworks anymore!

Then again its probably for a good reason. The amount of parents who let there little kids light roman candles off while holding them in their hands disgusted me. Ive seen so many of those things blow out the side. That and they freak out and panic and point them at peoples houses.

Totally man, people are just plain stupid sometimes! I'm lucky that they're legal in Burnaby, but I dont see it being like this for much longer the way people are being stupid. Is it so hard to get a couple buckets of sand and light them off properly? I mean, I've done some dumb shit with fireworks before, but after a couple close calls I've learned my lesson. Now, I go a few steps further with the garden hose and fire extinguisher on standby and a nice big soaking bucket for the used fireworks.

chris_89T 10-15-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgenio (Post 6636899)
Totally man, people are just plain stupid sometimes! I'm lucky that they're legal in Burnaby, but I dont see it being like this for much longer the way people are being stupid. Is it so hard to get a couple buckets of sand and light them off properly? I mean, I've done some dumb shit with fireworks before, but after a couple close calls I've learned my lesson. Now, I go a few steps further with the garden hose and fire extinguisher on standby and a nice big soaking bucket for the used fireworks.

+1

Honestly, I did some stupid shit with fireworks as a young teenager, i learned my lesson, I had fireworks confiscated by the RCMP. Over 7 years ago though. Since then ive learned better. Keep it safe and enjoy them.

Unfortunately for some, setting someone elses house on fire is still not enough of a warning to stop being idiots with them..

Rx harnek 10-15-2009 06:29 PM

ya man i did some stupid shit back in the day wit fireworks im done wit dat dis halloween im gonna go play forza 3 all nite or party like i think worse thing i did was a M80 and shotgunpellets taped to a police cruiser window but never got caught (but did feel guilty) sry it was a whole mob mentality thing going on there tho

omega_cc 10-15-2009 10:26 PM

lol m80s... i <3 them.

Supafly 10-16-2009 07:32 AM

what are m80s when you have half sticks of real dynamite and bearscares?...haha

l2_narain 10-26-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega_cc (Post 6635751)
hmm anyone know what the laws are for vancouver?

vancouver.ca/fire

permit required

jlenko 10-26-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rx harnek (Post 6636965)
ya man i did some stupid shit back in the day wit fireworks im done wit dat dis halloween im gonna go play forza 3 all nite or party like i think worse thing i did was a M80 and shotgunpellets taped to a police cruiser window but never got caught (but did feel guilty) sry it was a whole mob mentality thing going on there tho

Should have learned how to spell when you were younger, instead of blowing up stuff..?

cozmosland 10-27-2009 02:07 AM

i tried looking but couldnt find, what is the status for surrey and north delta?
are they alowed this year without a permit?

ninjatune 10-27-2009 06:58 AM

Delta has banned all fireworks.

yamahar6 10-29-2009 02:43 AM

What about Surrey? Last year I printed out my permit from the internet. I cants find anything on the city of Surrey website, can anyone help?

CP.AR 10-29-2009 06:29 PM

The Vancouver permit states that you can't set them off in "Streets, Lanes, and public places". Does that mean you can only set them off in your backyard or something?

Richmond dosen't allow them anymore, I was hoping to get a Vancouver permit and find a nice big park to set them off in, but I guess I can't do that anymore =(

kangel 10-29-2009 07:02 PM

im pretty sure anything goes in van, not like anyone cares

cozmosland 10-30-2009 03:16 PM

what about surrey?