REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   How Do You Keep From Getting Sick? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/592420-how-do-you-keep-getting-sick.html)

ajax 10-12-2009 04:17 PM

How Do You Keep From Getting Sick?

So my whole family's going through a virus or something, and I've managed to avoid it until now. My throats starting to hurt and its got a terrible taste to it. I usually take some vitiman C chewables everyday but they didnt seem to help prevent this. Whats the best idea to keep it from getting worse? Ginger ale? Advil/Tylenol? Midterm tomorrowww!!

!Yaminashi 10-12-2009 05:13 PM

Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes?
Get lots of sleep, drink lots of fluids

Thats all I can really think of, if you think you're starting to get sick maybe try taking some echinacea

Gnomes 10-12-2009 05:42 PM

My old teacher had this ridiculous statement:
Get infected with a chronic disease and care for it. Rationale is if you take care of yourself for this chronic disease, you would have done such a great job that common colds and flus will be unintentionally avoided.

skyxx 10-12-2009 05:59 PM

Don't share food. Bring a small hand sanitizer with you. Don't touch Railings or handles if possible. Get lots of sleep, drink a lot of fluids. If your co-worker is sick tell them to go home.

twitchyzero 10-12-2009 06:56 PM

WASH YOUR HANDS regularly..and ALWAYS before you eat
remember, catching a cold/flu through airborne pathway is quite limited...it's usually from ingestion.

and get a flu shot if you believe in that stuff..i think it's pretty useless cause the flu virus mutates so much.

hal0g0dv2 10-12-2009 09:26 PM

keep yourself in good shape, eat healthy, wash your hands

hirevtuner 10-12-2009 10:27 PM

eats fruits/veggies and drink lots of water
haven't fallen ill about 2 yrs now

hirevtuner 10-12-2009 10:28 PM

side note: called in sick at work cuz i wanted the day off hahahah

turb0fr3ak 10-12-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Hines (Post 6632002)
Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes?
Get lots of sleep, drink lots of fluids

Thats all I can really think of, if you think you're starting to get sick maybe try taking some echinacea

im sick right now, my gf told me about echinacea. does that really work? is it like vitamins? thanks.

ctsport 10-13-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirevtuner (Post 6632475)

The healthier you are, the better your body can avoid getting sick.

I used to get sick all the time. Now I exercise 30-60 mins/day, eat mostly a vegetarian diet and I rarely get sick. And when I do, my body gets better a lot quicker.

My dad eats really healthy (rarely anything deep fried, and nothing artificial/processed) and he NEVER gets sick.

:D

!Yaminashi 10-13-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turb0fr3ak (Post 6632487)
im sick right now, my gf told me about echinacea. does that really work? is it like vitamins? thanks.

It just boosts your immune system

NimbeeTT 10-13-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirevtuner (Post 6632475)

Yaa, def eat lots of fruits
I love apples and other fruits, i eat at least 2 apples a day and 2 bananas
Im just a fruit person lol
My broter never eats fruits/veggies and he's ALWAYS the one to get sick when there's a flu going around, but my parents and i rarely get infected even though we live in the same house

Mr.HappySilp 10-26-2009 06:42 PM

I just don't get sick O_O I mean I took the skytrain to work everyday and ppl are coughing all around me but I never got sick at all.

I get maybe like 5 to 6 hours or sleep a night, skip breakfast and eat burger king all the time O_o. I am guessing coz I drink a lot of juice and eat lot's of veggies and fruits.

asian_XL 10-29-2009 04:52 AM

1) Adequate amount of water
2) 8 hrs of sleep
3) A LOT OF Fruits (like fresh orange juice)
4) Open the windows
5) Reduce stress
6) Personal hygein (sp?)
7) Exercise --> if you don't have time, at least do some cardio exercise.
8) Less unhealthy food
9) Don't eat a pussy or masturbate everyday
10) Take a dump in the morning

!SG 10-29-2009 03:50 PM

there is only so much preventative measures you can take.

but most of those listed above will help you get well faster.

remember, its not how you got sick in the first place, but how fast you can recover from it. your immune system's job is to build antibodies against whatever virus just got you.

The_AK 10-29-2009 04:23 PM

Wash hands, always
I work in a store at the airport and the number one thing I do is use hand sanitizer after each transaction, there's so much shit on money. Everywhere else, I just make sure I wash my hands.
Posted via RS Mobile

TripleSoul 10-29-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 6632049)
My old teacher had this ridiculous statement:
Get infected with a chronic disease and care for it. Rationale is if you take care of yourself for this chronic disease, you would have done such a great job that common colds and flus will be unintentionally avoided.

LOL wtf....but once you do get sick all the shit will hit the fan all at once...

GT4RC 10-29-2009 06:39 PM

Sold phones for 3 years. Now I'm bulletproof.