REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #26
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
Most people have pretty low standards when it comes to body shop repairs, so you will see lots of different shops being recommended and contradicting stories.
agree with this comment. some ppl dont know what to look for in a paint job, things like dusts, orange peels, wavy body panels and so on are things not everyone know about in a good or bad paint job.
Advertisement
Lude S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

why not go to a toyota bodyshop?
i think theres one on lougheed?
Suprarz666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #28
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lude S View Post
AK autowork turned to shit after some of their core workers left. I would take it to Richcity Collision in Richmond

105-11820 Horseshoe Way,
Richmond, BC V7A 5E7
604-277-9003
true story

yet they still have the face and the balls to charge an arm and an leg

funny
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #29
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephology View Post
AK autoworks is good. I took my car for a paint job after someone keyed the side. Do not take it to Richmond Automind.
may i ask why???
i'll let dave know about it lol
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Had a dent on my 335i fixed by Rich City. Dropped the car off at Autowest on Tuesday, got it back today and the job was flawless.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #31
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprarz666 View Post
why not go to a toyota bodyshop?
i think theres one on lougheed?
Yes there is. Right now that's my fallback plan unless I find a better place. It's good because they would use actual Toyota parts and make sure everything is done properly, and if I complained they shouldn't have a problem with fixing it like a smaller shop would.
Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

AKautoworks! I never had any problems with them fixing my cars. Great service, great people, great craftmanship. They actually have one of the best painters and bodymen working there.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

NO such thing as best body shop. ull get bad reviews about pretty much everybody.

ak auto works not that great. i got rear ended, paint matchup was ok, but i had to go back 2-3 times for alignment and they didn't align spoiler properly
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #34

Has anybody else had experience with Rich City?

So far:

I'll go with Rich City and my fallback will be Toyota.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #35
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip3r View Post
Has anybody else had experience with Rich City?

So far:

I'll go with Rich City and my fallback will be Toyota.
whatever you do, don't go to the craftsman collision across from the subaru dealership on cambie. a family member who shall remain unidentified brought his car there and.... holy crap i swear some trainee in autobody shop class could have done it better

if rich city, go to the one on no.5 rd (i think there is another one on no.1 but i was told not to go there):

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?sou...30364214199542

ak autoworks gets my vote as well, but the last time i was there was at least 3-4 years ago. ask for the owner walter siu.

anyway, is that car still driveable? do you need to tow it around? towing it from burnaby to richmond is going to be tough since i don't know who is going to pay for the charges (i don't know how non-icbc works). call ahead and ask how they deal with out of province insurance claims.

who did the damage estimate to come up with $9k? there is a good chance the bodyshop you choose will take it apart and say that there is a lot more damage and the estimate might end up being higher... total loss?

.... i'm still in awe that a mini could do so much damage to the front of a celica

Last edited by thumper; 10-16-2009 at 09:04 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
whatever you do, don't go to the craftsman collision across from the subaru dealership on cambie. a family member who shall remain unidentified brought his car there and.... holy crap i swear some trainee in autobody shop class could have done it better

if rich city, go to the one on no.5 rd (i think there is another one on no.1 but i was told not to go there):

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?sou...30364214199542

ak autoworks gets my vote as well, but the last time i was there was at least 3-4 years ago. ask for the owner walter siu.

anyway, is that car still driveable? do you need to tow it around? towing it from burnaby to richmond is going to be tough since i don't know who is going to pay for the charges (i don't know how non-icbc works). call ahead and ask how they deal with out of province insurance claims.

who did the damage estimate to come up with $9k? there is a good chance the boyshop you choose will take it apart and say that there is a lot more damage and the estimate might end up being higher... total loss?
My insurance company came up with the number, and they will tow it and get it repaired where I want. Oh and my car is lowered 1.5" so thats why I got underneath the car and hit the wheel.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #37
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

try Lee's auto pride on west second avenue
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #38
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i was just looking at the listing for rich city:

Quote:
Specialties: Acura, BMW, Honda, Infiniti, Mercedes, Mini, Nissan
Certification: Nissan GTR Collision Repair Center
not toyota... i don't know if that matters. but they are mini... maybe the mini you were pushed into might want to know

this is bismark:

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?cid...N4uCiAPC0bGGCw
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #39
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
please dont go craftsman..
Quote:
AK autowork turned to shit after some of their core workers left. I would take it to Richcity Collision in Richmond
As for RichCity, John is a good guy but their work just lack of consistency, one car comes out perfect and the next one has runs and drips all over ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephology View Post
AK autoworks is good. I took my car for a paint job after someone keyed the side. Do not take it to Richmond Automind.
As for Richmond Automind, I talked to this Dave guy long time ago, can't really remember exactly what the incident was but he turned out to be a hugh jerk, my buddy and me was so pissed that we drove right down to bitch at Ming ... not sure if this Dave guy still there after all these years ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivan6 View Post
AK Autoworks
+2, I would not take my car to anybody else but Andy or Kevin at AK !!
K23A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by K23A1 View Post
As for RichCity, John is a good guy but their work just lack of consistency, one car comes out perfect and the next one has runs and drips all over ...

As for Richmond Automind, I talked to this Dave guy long time ago, can't really remember exactly what the incident was but he turned out to be a hugh jerk, my buddy and me was so pissed that we drove right down to bitch at Ming ... not sure if this Dave guy still there after all these years ...

:/

Gawwwddd
Old 10-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #41
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Talk to your adjuster and ask them why it isn't a write off and at what point it is. Tell them you don't think it can be repaired to be in the same condition it was in, pre-crash.

I mean what was it really worth? 11-13K before the accident? And they want to repair it? That's crap!!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Talk to your adjuster and ask them why it isn't a write off and at what point it is. Tell them you don't think it can be repaired to be in the same condition it was in, pre-crash.

I mean what was it really worth? 11-13K before the accident? And they want to repair it? That's crap!!
Yeah I hear ya man. I emailed her back asking for the value of the car but she never responded. I'll give her a call on Monday if she doesn't reply by then. Oh and I doubt it was worth even that much. I bought it for 14 two years ago (which I still got ripped off on imo)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #43
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I like AK ...like any bodyshop let them know your expectation first and get it in writing.

dealt with a lot of shops before...get everything in writing if you are not sure of thier work.
2005g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #44
My homepage has been set to RS

usually adjusters always under estimate the value of repair, cause they cant take a look at whats happening inside ie. frame. they told me my damage would be around 2-3, came out to be 5k.

Go to body shop, get estimate first before u agree to anything. if the car itself is worth 13k, not worth to spend 9-11k for fixing it.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #45
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K23A1 View Post

really? sounds like u work for Ak or something....
Lude S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #46
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

hmm ur talking about ming at automind richmond??
that was probably 5+ yrs ago
he sold his share long ago
dave's been the owner for a long long long time and still is

but if its a icbc job it should be done correctly but if its a private job... well you get what you paid for
Old 10-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #47
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
really? sounds like u work for Ak or something....
+1
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #48
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
For Toyota's I'd go Richmond Autobody. Openroad Group(toyota) owns it.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #49
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I highly recommend Rich City... AK quality has really gone down over the years...
Rich City has customer satisfaction @ mind... If there was any problem with Rich City Collisions repair... they would take it back right away and fix it... cause they guarantee their work....

I got work done by them and they can colour match... I believe they use Glasurit/BASF paint... so yah... good shiet...

Craftsman does lick testes...
Old 10-17-2009, 04:02 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum1985 View Post
I highly recommend Rich City... AK quality has really gone down over the years...
Rich City has customer satisfaction @ mind... If there was any problem with Rich City Collisions repair... they would take it back right away and fix it... cause they guarantee their work....

I got work done by them and they can colour match... I believe they use Glasurit/BASF paint... so yah... good shiet...

Craftsman does lick testes...
My mind is made up then.

Rich City it is.