REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Bored with relationships/Knowing someone is 'the one' (https://www.revscene.net/forums/593621-%5Bconfidential%5D-bored-relationships-knowing-someone-one.html)

El Bastardo 10-22-2009 04:32 PM

[Confidential] Bored with relationships/Knowing someone is 'the one'

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

I'm not sure what it is, but I tend to get bored of dating relationships.

With my buddies or whatnot I can chill with them all the time and each time is a blast, and everyone has a good time.

With an SO, I get bored. They treat me well, visit me at my place, treat me to stuff (of course it goes both ways), hang out together at tons of places, put out etc etc.. but a lot of the time I find that I'd still rather hang with my buddies than with the SO. Not saying we don't get along as my SO and I see eye-to-eye on most issues, and NEVER fight or even argue.

Meanwhile, my engaged/married friends all tell me you KNOW when you find "The One". I am still completely clueless. In fact, I lost my last gf because I couldn't find it in me to tell her I loved her (she told me that she loved ME many many times over a year or so), and also tried to break it off on her a few times (not asking for sympathy here). When I get into a relationship, within a month or two (ie after the honeymoon period ends), I simply get bored or something, especially when our lives fall into the daily/weekly routine. While I'm not repulsed by her or anything, I simply don't feel this urge to see her more than 1-2x a week.

It's stressing me out because I'm 28 now, and everyone around me seems to have figured out this game already and yet I feel like a total noob.

I don't the world's most dating experience (say 1-2 years of serious relationship dating, tops), but even my friends with the same level of "experience" are all in happy relationships and here I am, still floating. Sometimes I feel like a highschool kid.

Any advice for a clueless guy like myself?

Mature Responses Only!

The7even 10-23-2009 12:10 AM

Advice? Yeah, you take good things for granted.

Have fun regretting things in the future and being alone because you don't take time to reflect on how good you have it. Don't worry about it, some people are just meant to be alone.

miss_crayon 10-23-2009 12:14 AM

maybe you're just not ready to commit/settle down yet. just because you're 28 doesn't mean you're suppose to be on lockdown or anything and have a relationship figured out. relationships aren't for everyone and sometimes some need more time to figure what they want in a partner and what they don't want.

hotjoint 10-23-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6649269)
maybe you're just not ready to commit/settle down yet. just because you're 28 doesn't mean you're suppose to be on lockdown or anything and have a relationship figured out. relationships aren't for everyone and sometimes some need more time to figure what they want in a partner and what they don't want.

:werd: I'm 28 and I've been with "the one" for 4 years now. We moved in together since day 1. Everything has been perfect. We barely ever fight, I would say we have disagreements rather then arguements. We have our alone time with our friends so we're not always in each others faces. I have tons of friends that are our age and still going around having fun. Don't pressure yourself to find a girl and lock yourself down. Let it come naturally and when you do find "the one" you'll know it. You're single, go out and have fun :thumbsup:.

Mugen EvOlutioN 10-23-2009 07:51 AM

^

waiting game sometimes sucks