REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Banana Republic vs. Zara Suits (https://www.revscene.net/forums/593636-banana-republic-vs-zara-suits.html)

JulyZerg 10-22-2009 07:02 PM

Banana Republic vs. Zara Suits

I'm planning on buying nice suit from either Zara or Banana Republic to wear, so I can save my expensive suits for really special occasions.

What do you guys think of either brand? Which is better(Overall; like quality, fit and finish etc)

If you bought suits from either place, did you like it or hate it?. Also feel free to chime in if you have any comments on either brand.

Thanks!

ilvtofu 10-22-2009 09:19 PM

I find BR to be a bit of a rip, just cross the border and buy some of the designer shit cheaper than the BR here.

dachinesedude 10-22-2009 09:59 PM

http://www.revscene.net/forums/zara-...html?t=561226&

try this thread, many opinions

JulyZerg 10-22-2009 10:04 PM

^Cool thread

I can get about 40% off from Banana Rep or Zara, so I think it's better to buy it here then in the states unless I'm looking for a really high-end suit then I'd gear towards heading down to the states.

Harvey Specter 10-22-2009 11:02 PM

BR is way overpriced.

ilvtofu 10-23-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewlett-Packard (Post 6648934)
^Cool thread

I can get about 40% off from Banana Rep or Zara, so I think it's better to buy it here then in the states unless I'm looking for a really high-end suit then I'd gear towards heading down to the states.

hehe cool thread no pun intended? ;)

nosleepboy87 10-23-2009 11:00 AM

i get there 40% off coupons from BR so i always go to BR for my dress stuff
Zara i sometimes find there stuff too shinny or too crazy for office wear where as BR there designs are more traditional

RacePace 10-23-2009 11:08 AM

Zara's cuts are better for me, but BR's quality is better, especially if you're going to get a suit. Zara doesn't really have any good quality suits

Harvey Specter 10-23-2009 12:03 PM

I hate to say it but H&M has some nice, slim suits for cheap. The fit is actually pretty good if you're slim.

sonick 10-23-2009 02:36 PM

For quality, both would be on par as they're made in Turkey. I wouldn't be surprised if it was by the same company or even the same factory.

Zara fits nicer IMHO.

ctsport 10-24-2009 12:55 AM

Banana Republic's quality is so superior to that of Zara's that they're not even comparable. IMO Zara is not much better (maybe even worse) then the junk they sell at Zellers LOL!

Zara has shit quality. Some of their clothes look okay but quality wise YUCK! Their fit is horrible too. I bought a jacket from them and it was the most disappointing piece of clothing I've ever purchased. I check out their stores from time to time and they haven't improved they QC at all.

I wouldn't wear Zara's stuff even if they were free. DO NOT BUY ZARA! :D

PRoJeX 10-24-2009 10:09 AM

H&M hands down cheap and good

TripleSoul 10-24-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsport (Post 6651014)
Banana Republic's quality is so superior to that of Zara's that they're not even comparable. IMO Zara is not much better (maybe even worse) then the junk they sell at Zellers LOL!

Zara has shit quality. Some of their clothes look okay but quality wise YUCK! Their fit is horrible too. I bought a jacket from them and it was the most disappointing piece of clothing I've ever purchased. I check out their stores from time to time and they haven't improved they QC at all.

I wouldn't wear Zara's stuff even if they were free. DO NOT BUY ZARA! :D

i agree. from my experience zara has some nice looking stuff but isn't the best quality sometimes. Some of the BR suits are really nice on the other hand. fit wise they both depend on your build and the cut. just find something that fits you the best and go with it.

StylinRed 10-24-2009 09:47 PM

yeah its hard to find a piece of clothing thats not a) missing pieces b) dirty

but when you do find one thats in good condition before sale they're alright

Harvey Specter 10-24-2009 11:00 PM

Yup, Zara has the worst fit and quality. My friend purchased a suit 2 weeks ago from Zara, wore the suit the same night and the bloody zipper fell off.