REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   Question.... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/594055-question.html)

!Aznboi128 10-26-2009 11:28 AM

Question....

car: 99 accord v6 ex
suspension: tein SS
camber kit: no
tires: hankook winter's on oem 15's
accident: yes (2 but fixed and drove fine)

so basiclly while driving with the steering wheel stright the car will go right. Also at high speed the wheel shakes a little.

The car always had a little bit of this but I never bothered but now it's bugging me quite a bit.

what could be the problem?

illicitstylz 10-26-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6654078)
car: 99 accord v6 ex
suspension: tein SS
camber kit: no
tires: hankook winter's on oem 15's
accident: yes (2 but fixed and drove fine)

so basiclly while driving with the steering wheel stright the car will go right. Also at high speed the wheel shakes a little.

The car always had a little bit of this but I never bothered but now it's bugging me quite a bit.

Posted via RS Mobile

!SG 10-26-2009 11:53 AM

have wheels rebalanced. if they shake when driving at speeds, then its more than likely the front wheels. HOWEVER, if u can, get a mech to inspect everything from arms to steering rack for anything bent or out of the norm.

the cheapest and first possibly fix is to have the front wheels rebalanced. weights fall off all the time, especially if the wheels are old, and recently had tires replaced. the wheel drum is dirty and not always cleaned to its best for the wheel weight to stick on. also, while its on the balancer, u can see if the wheel was bent or not

if still the issue, have the wheel/tire road forced balanced. this will see if there are any issues with the tire itself, maybe manufactuer defect.

!Aznboi128 10-26-2009 12:26 PM

so balanced should help. What I'm worried is the car goes right if my steering wheel straight, this would correct it as well?

!SG 10-26-2009 03:12 PM

all cars pull to the right, its the crown of the road.

however, if its crazy pull, then its most likely alignment.

also have the tires checked for any weird wear. a dysfunc tire can cause the pulling and thus the pull u feel in the steering wheel.

!Aznboi128 10-26-2009 04:14 PM

Ummm where's a good place to go for wheel balance and maybe aligment? Thx sg!
Just tried calling advance... But they're closed lol
Posted via RS Mobile

!SG 10-26-2009 05:09 PM

you wont have much luck this whole week.

everyone is at SEMA.

!Aznboi128 10-26-2009 06:49 PM

Oh.... Damn!
I rather go to a shop that deals with lowered cars, I'm rasing my car up for winter should I raise it up 1st then get an aligment?
Posted via RS Mobile

!SG 10-26-2009 09:00 PM

each time you touch ur suspension, god kills another kitten j/k

each time you touch ur suspension, ur geometry changes and thus changes your alignment settings

!Aznboi128 10-26-2009 10:52 PM

^ sweet thanks man! raise and fix!

godwin 10-27-2009 10:59 AM

Dale's alignment in langley.

You wheels shuddering and steering wheel not aligning are 2 different issues.

If you are raising your car using your built in suspension settings, you don't need an alignment. However to correct your steering wheel you need to take it to an alignment shop. You mind as well take it to Dales and get it done at the same time.

Use search for contact info for Dale's

PS This is in the wrong section.