REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   car impounded ! - HELP (https://www.revscene.net/forums/594768-car-impounded-help.html)

Shun Izaki 11-03-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD2002 (Post 6663678)
Try to steal the car back.

It's a double or nothing type deal.

hahahahaha... yes win sauce.. impound lot workers are only smarter than the average bear

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 6663826)
Do tell your 'long story'. RS isn't going anywhere.

do tell!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRD Rs200 (Post 6663829)
just be glad that u didnt kill anyone

yes... in all seriousness

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6664028)
Maybe try to get your father to help you get the car back. Argue that this is your parent's car and your mom decided to register it under her name because she has the most discount. I'm just throwing it out there. *shrug*

So what have we learned here today:

1. DO NOT DUI. EVER.
2. If you do get the car impounded again, do not post on RS because you will get burned.
3. I bet you're Chinese. Face getting red easily, mom's insurance. So its about time to grow up and save money for your own insurance. I kinda have a feeling this is a Mercedes too, so therefore you should downgrade to a Japanese car, insurance is relatively cheaper. Also, girls wont be digging you just for your gold.

or you could learn to drive drunk...

shenmecar 11-03-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jun Kitami (Post 6665348)
or you could learn to drive drunk...

That still wont help you at a road block or just getting pulled over randomly. Which the OP encountered.

penner2k 11-03-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6665486)
That still wont help you at a road block or just getting pulled over randomly. Which the OP encountered.

I dont think they can randomly pull you over. I've actually had the cops follow me almost all the way home before from the club parking lot waiting for me to make a mistake. On nights that I drive I dont have more then a couple drinks though so I dont really care if they pull me over.

CivicTypeRice 11-03-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD2002 (Post 6663678)
Try to steal the car back.

It's a double or nothing type deal.

lol..Break into the impound!
Reminds me of this :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaR3iegW23c

seakrait 11-04-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 6665596)
I dont think they can randomly pull you over. I've actually had the cops follow me almost all the way home before from the club parking lot waiting for me to make a mistake. On nights that I drive I dont have more then a couple drinks though so I dont really care if they pull me over.

i think that's changed now... or will be changed.

as for the OP, if he's still an N driver, that's also another FAIL as i think you can't have ANY alcohol in your body while you're in the graduated licensing program. yes/no? it takes a while for the 215 to catch up to ICBC licensing but when they do, they'll pull your license for X period of time...

TRDood 11-04-2009 06:12 PM

so how many beers/wine/hard liquor equal to 0.05?

is it a linear scale from 0.05 to 0.09 (like the OP)? or is it something like a richter scale where its exponential?

CRS 11-04-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 6668071)

is it a linear scale from 0.05 to 0.09 (like the OP)? or is it something like a richter scale where its exponential?

It is measuring the concentration of alcohol in your blood. So it is linear scale since you are measuring mass/volume.

You can't do a simple how many beers/wine/shots is equal to 0.05 as your BAC is dependent on a lot of variables like weight, sex and body fat. Obviously if you're bigger, it takes more alcohol to increase the BAC to .05 but for a smaller person it would take less.

I hope that helps.

Soundy 11-04-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 6665596)
I dont think they can randomly pull you over.

They sure can... even if just to check that your license and registration/insurance are valid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seakrait (Post 6667865)
as for the OP, if he's still an N driver, that's also another FAIL as i think you can't have ANY alcohol in your body while you're in the graduated licensing program. yes/no?

Yes. GLP restrictions, both L and N, include *ZERO* tolerance for alcohol.

Anyone who's done the GLP shouldn't even be curious about that - they should have drilled that into your head when you were taking the written test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 6668071)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6668098)
It is measuring the concentration of alcohol in your blood. So it is linear scale since you are measuring mass/volume.

You can't do a simple how many beers/wine/shots is equal to 0.05 as your BAC is dependent on a lot of variables like weight, sex and body fat. Obviously if you're bigger, it takes more alcohol to increase the BAC to .05 but for a smaller person it would take less.

I hope that helps.

BAC = Blood Alcohol Content. To be precise, it's the percentage of your blood that's actually alcohol. The numbers listed are exact percentages, as in 0.08%, which would be 8 parts alcohol to every 10,000 parts blood.

twitchyzero 11-04-2009 07:11 PM

Under BAC 0.05% with a Class 5 = no suspension AND no fine?

97ITR 11-05-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkayem (Post 6664840)
I wonder how many girls walked out of his car just because he got pulled over and cried for his mom....

Wow really?!?! You're going to take shots at the OP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkayem (Post 5891710)
I was just wondering if anything has gone through this and what is the process I'm suppost to go through? What am I suppost to do?
And what can I do to get the car back from the impound lot as soon as possible?

Because it's the only car we have at home and since I can't drive it I'll have to let my mom drive it.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/got-c....html?t=534462

SkunkWorks 11-06-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97ITR (Post 6670151)

Quoted for mass pwnage.

:eek5r::bowrofl:

Jsunu 11-06-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Oh snip snap!

Mananetwork 11-06-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS1988 (Post 6663601)
man, you guys gotta stop giving him shit when you don't know anything about the situation. I totally agree that driving drunk is stupid and that people should get in hella trouble for it, but this guy is asking for help regarding the impound lot. Quit tooting your own horns and help him out if you can rather than acting like you are better.

Yes, lets help a tool out so he doesn't get into more trouble! I'm glad everyone's "tooting" their horns because what he did doesn't deserve an ounce pity.

bcedhk 11-06-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffield (Post 6664850)
You and I are a fucking douchebag, this is why my neighbour's son died.

I dont care if you only had 1 beer or how ever many...

There is a rule why how much you are allowed to drink.

DIAF

fixed

you! 11-06-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

lol

twitchyzero 11-06-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

:haha:

underscore 11-06-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a2m (Post 6663843)
let me clear this up. im a N driver and i blew .9. i was fine to drive but i got pulled over for a random check. the fact that my face was red, gave it away. the officer gave me a fail to display N ticket and called the towtruck. i know im a N driver and shouldnt have any alcohol in my system. i have learned my lesson.

anyways, i already have a signed authorization letter and a picture of my mothers license; which i have faxed to them but for the third time they said i was misinformed because i apparently need the registered owner (my mother) to come and claim it.

any HELP would be much appreciated. i work full-time and go to school as well. it costs $21.50 each day my car is there :cry:

no, you weren't fine to drive. the only way you are fine to drive as an N driver is to be a 0.00 BAC. why is that so hard to comprehend?

To me, you don't deserve any help, or any sympathy for this. Aww you don't want to pay $21.50/day? boo fuckedy hoo. If you can afford to drink you can afford a cab, or at least a few bucks for gas money if you can get a ride from a friend.

Like I was told the cabbies in Hong Kong say, "Noooooo 'link and 'live! You take cab!"

orange7 11-06-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6671837)
no, you weren't fine to drive. the only way you are fine to drive as an N driver is to be a 0.00 BAC. why is that so hard to comprehend?

To me, you don't deserve any help, or any sympathy for this. Aww you don't want to pay $21.50/day? boo fuckedy hoo. If you can afford to drink you can afford a cab, or at least a few bucks for gas money if you can get a ride from a friend.

Like I was told the cabbies in Hong Kong say, "Noooooo 'link and 'live! You take cab!"

the op wanted help. if you're not going to help him, why post in this thread? why not make another thread instead of shitting on ppl's thread?

underscore 11-06-2009 09:48 PM

I figure him and his thread deserve about as much concern and regard as he showed for other drivers by driving drunk.

asahai69 11-06-2009 10:09 PM

^ god damn. ur quite the hero and model citizen dude. do u happen to work for a newspaper company during the day and change in telephone booths when shit goes wrong?

underscore 11-06-2009 10:24 PM

come on now its 2009. I haven't seen a phone booth in a looooong time :lol

orange7 11-06-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6671948)
come on now its 2009. I haven't seen a phone booth in a looooong time :lol

that's because they cost 50 cents now.

a hobo the other day asked me a quarter so that he can use the phone booth at renfrew skytrain station.

underscore 11-06-2009 10:51 PM

it's 50 cents to make a call now? damn. I guess the emergency quarter I keep in my wallet is useless then haha

SpuGen 11-07-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6671837)

Chinese people don't sound like that. You're clearly a racist.

See? I canmake useless posts just like you.
If you're gonna make fun of Asians, get the stereotype correct first.
Posted via RS Mobile

underscore 11-07-2009 09:03 PM

Read that sentence again. That's what I was told (with the crappy accent). My roommate is Chinese, he was born in China, I have no clue how to type a Chinese accent in English. Aside from *chinese accent* well I dunno man, that's just the way it works */chinese accent*