REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Cancun (https://www.revscene.net/forums/595146-cancun.html)

mako 11-04-2009 07:21 PM

Cancun

I'm going to Cancun for a week next month.

Any suggestions/recommendations on things to do, see, places to eat etc

NimbeeTT 11-04-2009 10:29 PM

I miss cancun :(
go clubbing at coco bongo, its located where the mall and all the other clubs are located lol they put on a really sick show with flying acrobat ppl, mj impersonations and like spiderman and stuff, youd be trippin

then go on one of those mayan pyramid tours or something, i didnt get to go last time but my friends went, they said its really wicked, and the flea market!!

Manic! 11-04-2009 10:38 PM

Go to the clubs with your hotel. We went 6 out of 7 nights had a great time. Coco Bongo's senior frogs and City are all great clubs.

leelu 11-06-2009 10:36 PM

swimming with dolphins, jetskiing, visiting the mayan pyramids, bus to downtown and hit all the clubs - Senor frog, coco bongo, etc.

if you're staying at an all inclusive resort, for food, it's best to stick to the hotel food since you know their water/ice is safe.

When i went dolphin swimming we took a ferry to an island (mujeres or something?) that had everything you wanted to do shopping and water wise like snorkelling to see stingrays and sharks, and a pool etc. all of this was included with the dolphin package.
This island also has a lot of souvenir type places for everything from funky sombreros, cheap cigars and jewelry.

When you hit the clubs it might be a good idea to bargain with the vendors outside for unlimited drinks and all that (If you're with girls it might be easier), and apparently there are places where you can buy cheaper tickets for the clubs too, but I don't know about that cause we girls always got in for free or at a good discount :)

PS:
if you're gonna bus, don't give US dollars, give pesos if you can cuz it only costs 6 pesos i believe. Some hotel people told us to just give US dollars for bus fare, but after a while we realized we were getting ripped off giving like..10 US dollars each time when we should only be giving like, 6 dollars. They won't give you change and they'll accept it if you overpay.

jACEDesignsLtd 11-07-2009 02:11 PM

Coco Bongo is the best! Get the VIP tickets though. You get good seats, VIP treatment and as much drinks as you want. Coco Bongo is kick ass!

Also try the sea doo. I had a blast cruising along the ocean in warm water.

racerman88 11-09-2009 06:29 PM

visit the ruins at ChiChiniza, very cool. Snorkelling was fun and the flea market isn't bad. Do not take a taxi from the hotel, but walk off the hotel property then hail a cab as it is cheaper

winson604 11-09-2009 07:57 PM

I hate to spoil the party here but use the search button. This topic has been talked about extensively already with lots of good replies.

Revive 11-11-2009 07:14 PM

Coco Bongo is good the first time just cause of the shows, but The City is the place to party!